Options

Left foot overpronation

I have a left foot that over pronates. I`ve just bought a pair or Asics 2070 hoping that they would offer enough stability for my left side, but unfortunately they do not. The right side is fine though. What can i do? Are there any type of insoles that will help my left foot not to pronate quite as much or is it just a case of buying a another pair of running shoes which offer more motion control? Any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I believe you can get ready made orthotics for such a problem, although the best way would be to go and get you gait analysed and ge them made from scratch for you. The only problem with this is the cost!

I have a right foot that over pronates more than my left! So I suffer from the opposite problem. Kayanos do the trick for me, although I only over pronate moderately.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply Jon. Would you happen to know if a runners shop would hold such items as ready made orthotics for my left foot? I`d really rather not buy another pair of running shoes just a few weeks after buying the 2070`s.
  • Options
    I don't know. All I do know is that you can get them! worth a try... perhaps next time worth exploring another shoe avenue?

Good luck

Jon
  • Options
    Malcolm,

I have the same problem and have a pair of 2070's and have been to a physio to correct this. I actually originally went because I had a niggling ankle injury, and this was due to the overpronation on my right foot plus a fallen arch on the same foot.

I did London this year, and my entire right side was just a mass of pain from about mile 15 onwards and this was due to the constant overpronation on that side (I'd never really noticed the problem before), but running with the orthotics now I can really feel them keeping my foot in a better position and resolving my ankle problem.

You can get orthotics (I think you can get them from Boots also, I think) but basically it may be worth going to a physio as sometimes the orthotics may need to be built up at the heel to tilt your foot depending upon the degree of overpronation. Sorry this is a bit vague, but basically this has only just happened to me.

Hope this is of some use...
    Cheers
    Parky
  • Options
    I wear "Orthaheel" supports from Boots in my running shoes - trial and error has indicated that I get no pain with them, and lots problems without. They cost about £20 per pair - worth a try compared to the cost of shoes.