5K Fun Run

My running mate and I enjoyed our 5K run today at the Antrobus Cabbage Canter in Cheshire. It's set in a small village but everyone came out and helped to make this event sucessful for their local school. We thought it was a great idea that there were three routes you could take; 10K, 5K and a family fun run 3K.

The route was very pretty set out in the country, it was a nice change of scenery from the bigger races we have entered. We were surprised at how many people turned up and we really liked it even better at the end when collecting our goody bag we even got a free head of cabbage! I think this is a small town sucess and we are looking forward to attending it again next year.  C. Jones, Wirral

Comments

• I would very much like to meet up with other runners to run for fun and maybe do a charity event.

I recently received an email from an organisation called www.joinaclub.com that allowed runners to create mini clubs whereby they could meet up with other runners in their area and train for events or just run with them for fun.  It was even possible to organise shared transport to events. It sounded pretty unique. The link I got was http://www.joinaclub.com . Anyway just thought it might be of interest. Anyone got any ideas on it? Or would like to join it and start some local running for fun clubs so that we can finally all meet together.