Rolling pins?

OK. So on a club run last night i mentioned to somebody that I thought i had the beginnings of shin splints. He recommended seeing a physio in the first instance. then also suggested that i could use a rolling pin to massage my calves as a lot of shin issues were related to calf problems. Well i tried it last anyway but is he mad?

Comments

• Rolling pin??  PMSL...

I think he means this...

The Stick

• Nam - no reason why a rollin pin shoouldnt work as well?
  • mmm.... possibly... the separate spindles on the stick make it easier to direct and target certain bits and angles?  Not sure dough roller would be quite the same but I might try it out on TT's hamstrings....  image
  • Good for ITB as well

not as directional but same logic

and if it doesnt work you can beat him with it,  tell him I said so.

• Welsh Alex lend me his when I was injured and oh my word did it make a difference!!  A lot of the Welshies got theirs at the FLM expo.  I ordered one from the US (which was still cheaper than than the only UK distributor) and I wouldn't want to be without it now.
  • LOL...  image  Yes I'm sure I can think of something that deserves a beating!!  But he'll probably enjoy it! image
  • surely the seperate spindles have gaps which would rip all your leg hair out Nam?

• LEG HAIR? image

You think I'm the missing link in disguise or summit??  image

• I might try it out on TT's hamstrings....  image

You come near me with a rolling pin and I will...................

• Come here then if you think you're hard enough! image
  • TT and Nam have left the building everyone...
  • My husband is always rolling around on a rolling pin. Rolls his back and his hips - works for him!
  • Cheers guys and gals. Lots of useful advice. i gave it a go and felt much better the next day so maybe there's something in it?

• The Stick and other rollers whether foam or a rolling pin will do the trick as they replicate a massage technique. I'm using a foam one for my ITBS.

A jolly bright orange colour, my roller looks like an innocuous toy that wouldn't be out of place in a kiddies' soft play area. This belies it's real purpose because it unleashes evil on my poor iliotibial band and has me practically weeping on the floor image

• it's = its
  • Where do you get the foam rollers?
  • I got mine from work but Here has them.

And Here

Try ebay too.

• Cheers, thanks.