Rotary Shakespeare MARATHON

1939495969799»

Comments

• Anybody doing the cheltenham Circular challenge 26.2? It's on 22nd June - I entered this morning along with The new Forest marathon in September.

Better get some serious training in - pity about this painful ankle!
  • lol eastham! glad mrs eh is on the mend image

maybe next year for the cheltenham - not ready for another marathon just yet!

just been for a 5ish mile run with a friend, up a VERY big hill - and we did the steepest bit. got further up than last time before working, so progress. my friend never stops grrrrrr!!! 

• eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭
    Hi BaldEagle fancy seeing you in London today. how did you do?
  • found this poor thing back on page 5 image

friend dragged me up another hill yesterday, not so bad as last week, and i made it all the way to the top without stopping, although movement was barely discernable to the human eye!!

did the london 10k on monday which was great fun, would recommend it.

newbury 10k on sunday, it's multiterrain and a bit hilly so not a pb course but should be fun, hopefully.

how's everyone else?

• marty74marty74 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Glad everyone is doing really well with their training and their new improved racing times. Fantastic effort everyone.

RD - good luck with your newbury 10k on sunday. I looked at that one but it clashed with my local race, fairford 10k, so am doing that one instead. Its an undulating course which i have run many times in training. I was ill the week leading up to it last year so have some unsettled business with this race. Last years time was 42.29 but am hopefull of going sub 40 this time around. The only downside, its always hot so know i am going to cook tomorrow morningimage

Have a good un everyone...

• eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭
    Good Luck RD & Marty,
    just a LSR on my own for me in the morning.
  • hope it went well, marty!

did about 53mins at newbury which i'm pleased with - a pb. forgot to turn off garmin so need to wait for results to be posted before i know exactly what i did.

how long til your next mara, eastham? 

• eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭
    Ran 11 this morning next full marathon at the moment is Beachy head at the end of October.

Well done on the 10k RD i forgot to turn my garmin off after Halstead remembered in the pub afterwards.
  • marty74marty74 ✭✭✭

Well done RD. Sounds like all that hill training is paying off. Fantastic time. Now you have the anticipation of waiting for the results to know your exact time. Thats sometimes more fun that the race itself!!

Don't know about you, but the weather here was perfect for running. It was overcast, a little drizzle which stopped when the race started. But i was surprisingly nervous before the race. Perhaps because it is my local one and i have run the course loads of times so expected to do well. My time was around 38.27 so was buzzing when i finished. It hurt, but at least those demons of last year have been laid to rest.

My next race is a flat 10k at dorney lake next saturday. A PB perhaps?? I was only 1 min 15 secs off with two major hills today so you never know?????

• lol eastham - glad it's not just me!

i've heard beachy is brilliant.

fantastic time, marty! looks like dorney could def be a pb for you image

• *cartwheels into thread*

results are up - 52:55!!!! a pb by 1:53!!!

*grins manically*

• eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭
    RD a BIG round of applauds sent from EH well done.
  • Am impressed that this thread is still going a two months on!  Good to see everyone doing well, for me I have managed a 10k PB (one week after Stratford) of 46.02, apart from that it has been the odd run here and there (including a 40 minuter last week to a Mcdonalds and back!!) with no real aims and no eye on times/distances etc – have found it quite enjoyable.  

Toying with the idea of the Amsterdam marathon in October but not sure I have the mental fortitude to start a new training regime?

More likely to pick the odd 10k and try and go under 45 mins for that.
  • I did the Cheltenham 26.2 Challenge on Sunday - cross country , up the cotswold hills, over fields and stiles. I had a rudimentry map but i got lost more than once and ran at least 25 mins in the wrong direction. Finishing in 5:13 I must have covered 30 miles - I came 13th man 14th overall. It was primarily a long distance walking challenge so there were only a few runners.

I felt fine on Monday - I have the 7 mile Gate Gallop in Tamworth on Sunday then the Birmingham and Black Country Half marathon next week - entry on the day for this point to point race. I've entered the New Forest Marathon in September as well. Snowdonia is only a few weeks after but i think I'll leave that till next year!

Good luck!!