Options

Has your cheque been cashed ?

1313233343537»

Comments

• Options

slowly but shirley

I did Edinburgh 2 years ago as my first marathon when FLM rejected me and I loved it..It was brilliant. In the end I was glad that I was rejected for FLM as I was injured in January and couldn't run for 4 weeks so I needed the extra time to get fit...... I would not have been ready for london at all so it was for the best.

I'm waiting for my third rejection for FLM..(I know I'm rejected as no cheque has cashed). I'm still holding a slither of hope for my club draw in a week or two.

I'm definitiley going to do another marathon next year but not sure which one...

Good luck all in whatever marathon you do and special good luck to all doing a Golden Bond place.  My utmost respect.......

• Options

Seren - many thanks for the reassurance re Edinburgh ... I'm really looking forward to it and it's great to have recommendation from those like yourself who have done it before.  And I believe the course has even been made a bit easier from 2 years ago, with the first 8 miles downhill image!), so maybe you'd want to do that one again?  It could feel like a new marathon!!

All the very best with your FLM application - hope you get in.

My rain jacket came in useful today for the Luton relay (now that's a full marathon I'd never want to do image!  Just one leg in today's conditions was tough enough to do!!  Massive amount of respect for everyone who did the Full the today!).  Not surprisingly, I wasn't the only one sporting the jacket at today's race!!

• Options
    Was just thinking about the starting pens, the Celebrities start at a different point of the course and then merge into the main stream at a certain point.  Do the celebs have to put there est finishing time or do they all start at the same time?  Just out of interest if anyone knows.
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Borg.. the celebs have their own fenced off area at the green start next to the GFA runners.  They are wheeled out just prior to the start close to the front of the green start pen 1.  This is a bit daft as some of the genuine pen 1 guys are aiming for 2:40 - 2:50 times.  There are one or two decent celebrity runners (Tony Audenshaw, Nell McAndrew) but to be fair most of them should be at the back of green start, not the front.  I'm surprised they don't get trampled in the rush! 
  • Options

thanks Wardi, i wondered what they did at the start, bit odd that they get in pen 1.  not very well organized by the flm people.

• Options
    I still haven't had our letters of rejection yet.... how long do they take to get them all out......
  • Options

i think we're all supposed to know by this friday, but i can't remember where i heard that or if it came to me in a dream!!!

i got my rejection yesterday image.

alhtough in some ways it was better to know as i could get on and apply to the shakespeare instead and book accommodation etc.

and there's always next year, or the year after, or... 

• Options

Runner duck, I Just asked clients , colleagues for sponsorship. Easy first time round. Although having run 3 marathons in a year, 2 for charity, it is difficult to keep asking for sponsorship. Any ideas.

Re: Edinburgh, how does one go about getting entry on back of FLM rejection. Any ideas re alternative marathons in Mar / April. Hoping to get 2 marathons out of one training schedule.

All ideas welcome. 

• Options

2 years ago they sent out an automatic entry form for Edinburgh with the rejection letter for FLM not sure if they still do that......

Paul   Its not so easy to get sponsership from clients and colleagues when you don't work.......

I did raise money for Edinburgh off my own back and after a lot of different initiatives managed £900. I was so glad that I didn't take a gold bond place I was offered for FLM that year or I would have been totally stressed out and £600 out of pocket which I don't really have....

Thats why I admire everyone who raises the money for Golden Bond places and I will keep on going for my 5 rejections...

• Options
    my wife is gutted, she had no rejection or acceptence letter, (3rd time applying)so phoned FLM and has been told she is not on the system! We can only assume her application got lost in the post? Strange though as it went the same time as mine. They said they would send a rejection letter.
  • Options

Neither me nor my husband have heard

I think we had better phone

• Options
    I have not heard from FLM either. When I phoned on Monday they told me that magazines had gone out and if I still hadn't heard by next monday (10th) then I was to phone back and they would tell me over the phone. Why they couldn't do that last Monday I dont know.
  • Options
    Still no jacket or letter.....hmmm

Glad I found out by email or i'd be getting a little cheesed off by now!

• Options
    It looks like some enteries never arrived.... Seems like during the postal strike some bags might have gone missing..... One way to deal with the backlog the strike caused......
  • Options

hang on - are you suggesting that our beloved postal service, the Royal Mail could have lost some mail....

Surely not!

I sent a letter recently recorded delivery....got delivered, but the website tracking number still says its not delivered...that was a month ago!

Royal Snail!

• Options
    I'm just glad I didn't bequeath my cheque as I think that is just a way for the company to make extra money in order to pay David Bedford et al inflated salaries. Bitter? Me? No, No, No.image
  • Options
    they have cashed my cheaque but have not sent my rejection form or jacket does any one no the address i can send a complait to ive been given 2 wrong email addresses already by there teleponic women the right emal address would be a help aS WELL SEE YER GAVIN
  • Options
    I've emailed someone but no reply so I will not give you that one...... Sorry that I can't help..... There seems to be a few mix ups this year...
  • Options
    I posted a thread today about my money being banked bnut Flora London Marathon have no details of me on their system. What is going on.
  • Options

it looks like the londonmarathon team have made a right hash of it this year

why they havent sent out the rejection and jacket is a mystrey to me and haS NOW Caused me not being in the clubs draw which i am deffernatley not be happy with

hopefully they can sort there selfs outimageimage

• Options
    After I rang them today the guy agreed to send me a jacket. I said it would be nice to see something for my £32image
  • Options

HAVE JUST RECEIVED IT AFTER HAVING TO RIONG THEMUP

AT LEAST I CAN GO IN THE CLUB DRAW NOW YES YOUR RIGH ABOUT THE 32 QUID IM THE HALSTED ONE IF I DONT GET IN

• Options

I have finally made it into the FLM. Got a club place and really happy after disappointment for the last two years.

Now to start the training image

• Options

got my place to in the grange farm and dumow running club draw never win nothing normally

really pleased will have up my training now still doing club events at weekend as well which makes it better with training withother members that makes it more funimage