Low HR

Okay I need help

I normally have no problem training to a higher hR and have problems running at 70-75% hr which is 135-145...I can achieve this no problem even on hills!!

But when trying to training at 145-153 I just cant raise my HR anymore which is worrying me...take today second half of run needed it in higher bracket no way everytime I hit a hill it stayed consistant run on flat or downhill and I lose 3-4 beats and cant raise it again.

I know I am fitter at the moment but still this has never happened before I do have a hole in my heart and a mumur as well as asthma but never had this problem before ever in training.

Any ideas gratefully accepted

ALF: Always a little further
Miles makes smiles.
Progression

Comments

• First guess - you don't know your max HR for sure and have in fact been training at more like 85% when you thought it was 75%, thus the perceived effort to push it up is too much.  Second guess is that you are overtraining and that you have a bit of deep tiredness that you are not recovering from in the space of a day or so.
  • Hi Steve Thanks for reply

No I know my max hr my coach has worked it out and had a VO2 max test done so it is pretty acurate.

Again i know that not to be the case  as I am recovered  from each days training but it maybe that I have a virus lurking sore throat and a head thing going on today

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Poppy

How long have you been back running at low HR since your layoff. Could it be that you've been running at the low HR for a while and your body has to work so hard to raise it to a higher HR

What is 145-153 as a percentage and are you talking  % MHR or WHR

• HI Poppy,

I find that not being able to get my HR up happens when I am glycogen depleted or have low blood sugar. Having a virus tends to have to opposite effect - HR is a bit high 

• Pammie

Low hr been happening last 3 weeks on certain runs

We use pure hr so level 4 I think as 3 is 75% 135-145 so I gues from 75%-82% have details at home.

melli

That is what I thought Virus high HR

We made sure I eat a good meal on saturday and took SIS gels 1 at start of Run every 6 miles.

Unless garmin faulty trying new HR battery and see how that effects things

thanks for all try to helpimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression