I keep collapsing

Comments

• BUCKET?????????????

Steady on Slugsta!

Are there any pictures of Goldie?

• Hello Plodding Hippo

I think I can find a picture of Goldie but   the problem at the moment is that although we have scanned the photos we wanted to upload  of Douglas on this site we have not been successful because the image is too big  and the RW site rejects them  sadly - anyone any suggestions on other ways to do this ?

Being in my fifties now us lot are not as wised up on computers and such as you young things!! 

Amanda x

• well, I am in my forties so i cant do it either Amanda!

Hopefully some clever person will be along to help soon

Ruth x

• I'm in my 50's too, Amanda. I think photo's have to be imported from another webbie, so they need to be posted on something like Flikr first. Does that make things clearer?? image

Hippo - I presented a bucket as it saves having to ask for too many refils image

• Glass, bucket, whatever receptacle takes your fancy and I'll join you and its only Sunday lunchtime!

I'd love to see Goldie too.  Anyone interested in seeing a piccie of all the boys in khaki - there must be one out there somewhere?

X

• Don't usually drink before 2pm - pass the bottle, I'll help myself.

Nothing nicer than good chums, interesting stories and a hefty glug ...

Sláinte! 

• Radient - you posted that dead on 2pm!
  • Ahhhhhhhhh, synchronicity is a well-practised art.

Down the hatch ladies ....  here's to topless boys and baggy khakis

x

• http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/230397/Gallery/DSC00543_0.JPG

Hi everyone, and really hope Douglas that you and Billy are having a great catch up.

This pic is a lot more recent than Berlin, in fact it is at a picnic in St J park after the London 10k race in 2006.  Dougal in the centre (having run 42 mins I seem to recall along with Tom who is the tall guy on the right.  Squire on the left and Miss Squire next to him.  Also Jilda Mercx between Tom and Dougal. It was the hottest race I had ever done.  We were running for the Army Benevolent Fund.  Will try and get the others on the site too, and get them posting.

Far too much everyone in the last 24 hours to comment on, well done Seagull, well done Rupert.  I will alert Sharper tomorrow. 

I'm afraid i started the Kummel chat. Just as a final thought Lillywhites, who was the officer who succeeded in drinking a pint of it, agaisnt someone else eating 6 hard boiled eggs - 2nd Bn, Windsor 1976 I think.

Memories of Berlin monkeys (Cap'n T****r, the 2i'c with the big tache - I took over his quarter, it was in total sh*t, and i found a load of old Bank Statements too - could have blackmailed him - or reported him as a security threat with all that debt .

Ed - we look forward to the story of driving the happy couple to the church - along CJM, with the Ch Pt Charlie search !!

Douglas - good luck, keep smiling - continuing thoughts and prayers old mate.

Squire

• Lovely to see pictures.

Amanda - pics need to be hosted on a website and size doesn't matter usually image

(I have been told this but don't believe it)

Douglas thinking of you and yours. I did nearly 50 miles on my bike this morning and climbing one hill puffing away I thought of your lungs and decided to shut my whinging right up!   

Off to a carol concert and I will think of you

• Hi Douglas, hope you are feeling better today. Great to see some picture of you from your colourful past. I just wish I had one of you I could post from the first day you walked into my office wearing your wax trench coat, combats tucked into your boots and your wide brimmed hat. No one could ever accuse you of dressing in a conformist fashion! But as they say when you've got style, you've just got it and you set your own! Luckily, unlike others, I had already learnt the lesson that you should never judge a book by its cover which has proved profitable not just from a business perspective but even more so from a great friendship. I look forward to our next chat about all things property related which I hope will be very soon. Best wishes JC.
  • Will send my daughter up into the roof to see if we can find a photo of Goldie ( unless the rats have got there first).Hopefully she can scan it for us.My computer skills are pretty bad as well and I am also in my 50ees.

I am off to our  carol service in a minute and I am in charge of the making the  mulled wine.Maybe I should put a little kummell into it .Will that get eveyone  doing the conga round the village??

Douglas hope you had a good flight.Bit windy.My mutti who is going to be 84 any day would love to go up in small aeroplane.Can you pick her up at Kemble when you are next passing?

Will pray for you.Rexxxxxxx

• Jason C,

I shared an office with Douglas for about 8? years and we bought various properties together in SW11.

Believe me that  dashing trench coat ensemble was an improvement .He once turned up to the office in pyjama bottoms and sandals - enough was enough so I rang a female friend and asked her if she wanted to be his personal shopper. As she said " is the Pope a proverbial?"

For a few weeks he was immaculate and very debonair - alas it didn't last for long and I can't remember

whether it was Douglas getting bored with looking after clothes or Goldie using them as a bed but he did at least remember to leave his pyjamas at home .

For those about to experiment with kummel put the bottle(s) in the freezer -it won't freeze but is best very cold - pour a measure ( not the 1/4 pint that we did in our stupid days)  into a tumbler and then add the same of whisky - very relaxing and you will sleep well.

Squire - was this Doogle's wedding or AN Other couple's holy visit? Check point Charlie + the General's speed boat, aka a launch mit all the military comms.gear will have to wait as I've just had a call from Billy and the news is  not great.

Doogle, I think you have news of the blog and hopefully you realise just how much you are appreciated.

Christopher

• Doug has amazing friends, it is absolutely brilliant to see the high esteem you all hold him in.We have obviously only seen a tiny glimmer here on the forum, but quite clearly he has touched many people in different ways, and long may he continue to do.

Hope you are having a good day doug. x

• I am LOVING these stories of Doogle

I wish i had been able to meet him

• I saw Douglas earlier today and he wanted me to pass on a message to EVERYONE who has contributed to this blog.  "Thank you for all your great support, it's meant everything to me knowing you're all following my story.  It has helped me  through this journey.  Thank you so much."

• DOUGLAS STUART JOHNSTONE DIED PEACEFULLY TONIGHT AT 6.45PM.  HIS SISTER WAS WITH HIM.

• Thank You Marge

Rest peacefully Douglas

Sincere condolences to all

Doug

and

image for dougs friends.

Thinking of you all

x

• Thank you, Marge. My thoughts are with everyone who loved Douglas.
  •  Dear Friends

Very sadly Douglas died this evening peacefully and without pain in hospital

His sister was with him

May he rest in peace

Please God Look After Him

Amanda xxxxx

• Lost for words, but thoughts are with all his family and friends.
  • Goodbye Doug. I never met you but I'll miss you though you'll continue to be a part of my life, we'll do a few miles together yet.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • I was in our local 9 Lessons and Carols service at the time.  I will be thinking of Doug, friends and family at this time and when I run Wokingham HM in Feb.  Thoughts to all of you who knew him and have lost such a special friend and charismatic character.
  • God bless all - to Doug's friends, you've been inspirational.

Just like the man himself.

Rest easy

• I never met Doug but have tears on my cheeks at the moment. A truly inspirational man. All thoughts with friends and family

xx