Fred Hughes 10

Comments

• Just checked my time for last year 1:19!!!!!!, I was getting over a cold and wasn't feeling great.

Training is going well for FLM at the moment, and I've had no illness (touch wood), but I've got no chance of running close to 1:19 , in fact i can't believe i ran that last year!

Trigger2 - #1063 (I think) - hopefully 1.45 - 2.00

Little Nemo - #879 hope to finish in 1:50-2:00

Bootsie - can't remember my number -but will update - hope to finish in 2 hrs!

Brooks - sub 1:20

Tim of MK - 1:22 - 1:25

Hess - sub 1:25

• Keith LKeith L ✭✭✭

Well its supposed to be fun isnt it...but a challenging tarfet to get me on track for FLM

Keith L - 70-75 mins 

• Bootsie - can't remember my number -but will update - hope to finish in 2 hrs!
    Keith L - 70-75 mins
    Trickster - #1482 (or something like that), Pirate top (possibly) - 1:30 - 1:40-ish
  • Bootsie - can't remember my number -but will update - hope to finish in 2 hrs!
    Keith L - 70-75 mins
    Tim of MK - #1191  -  1:22 - 1:25   (all in black)
    Trickster - #1482 (or something like that), Pirate top (possibly) - 1:30 - 1:40-ish
  • The gym aircon. still hadn't been fixed,  leaving it hot (23C), humid and airless.   But I was still determined to give myself a decent 'shake down'.

Managed 4 miles on the treadie on 31.51  -  ie 7.58 per mile.   This bodes well, as I usually run faster outdoors than inside.    But have I got the stamina to keep such pace going for 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 miles?

Post run,  got chatting to one of the gym instructers about the Comic Relief Mile.   The upshot was that I went back onto the treadie and ran a measured mile,  which I did in 6.57.  Not good, but not bad either. 

• Looks like Sunday could be another wet day

Anybody planning to do the ten miles in their wellies? image

• ShivaShiva ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure what time i'm capable off, i'm still recovering from a major injury. so i think I will try 

Keith L - 70-75 mins
    Shiva  -# 1152 probaly 1:15-1:20

• Morning all - weather for Sunday looking marginally better?
  • nah - forecast this morning was for heavy winds and rain on Sunday. Any idea what the rail track will be like to run on ?
  • Anybody planning to do the ten miles in their wellies?

If I wear my tri gear that should mean swimming is an option. There's a greater sense of achievement if conditions are bad!

•  Hi all,

Not sure what time i'm capable off, i'm still recovering from a major injury. so i think I will try 

Bootsie - 712- hope to finish in 2 hrs!
    Keith L - 70-75 mins

• haha didn't mean to copy the first bit.. just adding my number in.. if you see me on sunday give me a kick up the arse! i'm very nervous about it all
  • haha didn't mean to copy the first bit.. just adding my number in.. if you see me on sunday give me a kick up the arse! i'm very nervous about it all
  • Likewise Bootsie - if you see me trailing give me a push - I'll be wearing my Edmonton Running Club vest which is white and yellow.
  • Not long to go now!

Hope everyone has a good run on Sunday image

• yup if i'm not on here before sunday!!! then good luck everyone and remember i'll be the little irish one struggling at the back! give me a bit of encouragement if you can! no. 712
  • If this is my third 'rubbish conditions' race in a row,  I'll be a touch cross.   The St Neot's Half was windy.   The Bedford Half was rainy.    Can't I run outside once in nice weather. 

• BBC forecast has improved.  Unfortunately Metcheck (generally more accurate IMO) has worsened.

• Keith LKeith L ✭✭✭

Latest weather for Sunday from the Met office

Time                  Conditions  Temp            Wind Speed    Gusts

9.00        Light cloud / light rain  11               17mph              33  

12.00      Light cloud/light rain    12               17 mph             33 mph

So not terrible - gusts could be challenging and wind slightly high but not traggic by any means.

My number is 905 if anyway wants to push me in right direction.

Good luck everyone

• Thanks Keith - I'll keep an eye out but the chances are I'll be behind you!!!! Enjoy!
  • 33mph gusts won't be much fun at all, but hopefully for more than half the course it'll be helpful then we just need to find someone to share the wind coming back.

I'm looking to beat my Bishop's Stortford time of 62.28.  61 would be nice but probably a step too far at the moment, although the training's been going really well lately.  image

• Tim of MK,

You finished the MK half last March in roughtly the same time as me last year and we chatted at the finish.

If you fancy running this one with me, I'll be going for 1:22-1:24 too so we could pace each other image

• JARHEADJARHEAD ✭✭✭

Bring it on...wind rain ..snow...who cares, its what its all about...thats why we run outside rather than hampsters on treadmills..good luck all.

• Gonna Make it

If you bump into me pre-race,  say hello and we'll see.

Cheers

Tim 

• I'm after a number, if anyone can transfer one (I won't wear a chip so no danger of time mix-ups, I just want to run it and didn't know you couldn't enter on the day).  Anyone willing to give me theirs if they are not running?
  • Can't I run outside once in nice weather

Yes, just not in this country!

• Sorry I'm late! 

Bootsie - 712- hope to finish in 2 hrs!
    Keith L - 70-75 mins

RichardW 708 - Something under 1:30 will be expected

Why I am I being forced to use double line spacing?

Anyone know how to fix it?

• Good Morning and good luck to everyone running today!

<yawn>

• Morning!

Have a good one all.

Just about ready to leave.  Wish I hadn't heard that gust of wind coming down the chimney image