Best gear investment

2»

Comments

• 1.Orthotics - I am able to run again

2. Garmin 610 - great bit of technology

3. Raindlight Olmo 5L rucksack - brilliant - feels like you haven't got a bag on at all

• Silk running gloves from Decathlon. Warm (but not too hot) even when wet, fast drying, cheap and long lasting. I currently have 2.5 pairs image
  • my garmin, no question.
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I'm still using kit which I've been using reguarly for six or seven years.

Nike used to make a cropped top which had slots in the elastic for your HRM to go - so no need for the elastic part, no risk of it slipping.

I bought three, and they are still going strong.

My Garmin 405.  This has made racing SO much more enjoyable as it lets me pace myself.  Also indespensible for pacing tempo and speed sessions.

• Still using my adidas shoe bag and Timex Ironmanimage
  • Actually  recently came across an old pair of Puma Munchen Sprint Spikes, red ones circa early 1980s that I haven't worn in 25 years  !
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I have a soft spot for my Walsh Spirit Lite trail shoes. Even though they stripped the skin off toes a couple of times. Always get the best running out of them. And they're blue.
  • Raidlight Trail Shorts, super comfy, never even a hint of chafe and mesh pockets for stuff!
  • 2 ltr. Camblebak. Perfect for summer long runs.
  • Buff; extra high UV protection. Keeps the sun off my (almost bald) head in summer, keeps it just warm enough in winter.
  • HRM: For keeping me focused and giving me reason to continue exercising in the early days.

Sweat Wicking sportswear: because the rubbing of damp cotton and the random places sweat patches like to show is no longer an issue if I wear the stuff!

Barefoot style footwear: nothing before then had dealt with the recurrant stress fractures I had been getting (diagnosed SF rather then any hyperchondriasm! Pain begain 3 years prior and never really went away, got to points where I was limping just to walk on waking, waiting for it to pass, started barefoot running and it never returned despite the same steps, minus the barefoot style, had been repeated several times before!)

Sports bra: Not going to bother explaining that one!

Wirefree MP3 player: just a must for anyone who has poor arm coordination!

Things I want to try still are compression sportswear (fed up with DOMs every time I attempt any sort of resistance work), Vibrams! (still preparing myself), having regular sports massages (like every week or so, have the occasional student sports massage but its not at all as frequent).