Options

ITB

2»

Comments

• Options
    Big BertieBig Bertie ✭✭✭

I think I have self -diagniosed myself with ITBS, but would would like to hear other's thoughts...

The pain is on the outside of my left knee, towards the back, close to where the lateral ligament connects with the knee.

The pain first started back in January when I was starting to increase my millage for the VLM. I also introduced some hill work around this time too. I find if I'm running at a steady pace, although I can feel pain, it is not too restrictive and if anyting gets better the longer I run for. However when doing 'efforts' sessions, the fast slow fast slow nature of the running is much more painful. the pain is also at it's worse soon after I stop running (for both steady and efforts) but will ease quite quickly soon after. The most pain is usually after an efforts session, when I'm jogging home.

Stairs are also a pain (the moring after a run).

I've read swelling is common, but I've not had any.

I do sometimes get 'twinges' in my calf and ankle which I'm guessing may be connected to possible ITBS.

I had a complete rest for three weeks at the end of March, but when I resummed running (just very short, slow runs) the pain was no better (some days it felt worse than before)

Does this sound like ITBS? I've not received any treatment yet and am very reluctant to rest as it didn't help before. I've read so much conflicting info on how to treat this type of injury, although this thread seems to suggest ice, stretching and a roller(?) is the way to go....