Vitruvian 2008

1626364656668»

Comments

• crucifixtion, first offence ?
  • hung drawn and quartered I think - more crowd appeal....
  • Nah, break both collarbones and leave to starve image

(in a humane and caring way, of course...)

kk, I hope you're right, but all the things that they said would happen haven't happened yet...and they haven't replied to my email from Friday...they've got to pull a rabbit out of the hat. i hope it's a game of two halves anfd that the Collision people dun brilliant; I knknow it's not over til the fat lady sings, but at the moment I'm sick as a parrot early doors...

• Hmmmm sounds a bit crap Crash.

Lets be honest if there was any evidence on the side of the bus it would now have been cleaned off with the normal rota of cleaning the bus and now it'll probably just blend in with a hundred other dents on the side.

I does amaze me how often you see those witnesses sought, accident here signs go up 1 -2 months after the event ....whats the point???

I'd be tempted to ring the bus company up myself, find out what bus was there at that time etc.....but then you'd probably be arrested for getting in the way of a police invetsigation image 

• I was told after my accident/attempted murder that they only put the witnesses sought signs in west Mids if it was a fatality so I guess I was never going to see one at my crash site
  • Well done to all who competed in the Vitruvian.  I am thinking of using this as my step-up to half ironman in 2009 - can anyone who did it for the first time this year provide some feedback on how they found it ie: how much they had to step-up their training, how much longer the run took compared to their normal 1/2 marathon times, how they enjoyed it (??) overall etc.

• MM  I did it for the first time this year.  I probably didn't train enough and ended up walking lots of the run so maybe I am not the best person to answer specifically.  That said I had a great time, it is a fantastic course (well apart from the weed in the water).  The hills are ok if you have hills to train on.   I would say  make sure you do plenty of brick sessions.   I was last to cross the finish line in 7:34.  If I had pushed a bit harder I would have been inside 7:30 and if I had been able to do all the training I wanted I would maybe have been closer to 7 hours.

A great day out though and well worth it image

• Yep, I agree.  First attempt at a middle of the back of a couple of sprints and an oly in the course of the year.  Didn't train as much as I should've - couple of cycles per week, generally 2-3hrs and only a couple of 50 milers.  Swam twice per week, one drills session with tri club, one OW.  Running three times per week, one easy, one speedwork, one longish - 10-15miles.  Run time on the day was 2:25; most recent HM time (in Mar) was 2:12ish.  Overall was  just under 7hrs.

It's a good day with lots of Pirate support and I'd certainly do it again.

• Sounds good - I've heard it's really well organised etc, so will bite the bullet and give it a go - if I can get in - any idea when 09 entries kick off?
  • for those of you on Athlinks the results are now available for claiming.... image
  • Hehe, that's funny, I am married to a 31 year, old a 35 year old (correct) and a 255 year old...they are all funkin's correct results though....but no Vit on there.  He doesn't look bad for 255  image
  • I've not visited Athlinks before (maybe I'm too much of a rookie), but I did see a mish-mash of results on there.  Must be a nightmare to try and get any kind of accuracy on a site like that.  I'm sure they have a tough enough time at athleticsdata.com and that's just UK rankings.