Fans of Thanet

Comments

• TT it is indeed.  Cinders don't worry - I ran the course last Saturday with a map and still got confused image
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    JFDI, is Carol on email.   I need to ask if I can marshall in a position to not be out till the end as got my neice's birthday to get too
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Where'd it go to JFDI, I've not got it yet!
  • Anyone heard anything further regarding Dover Half Marathon??? I have received  a cheque sent in refund of my entry fee today..............bizarrely with a letter saying they are sorry I cannot run this race on the new date set................and they are therefore refunding me as requested???? I have had no such communication with them!!! There is no new date on their website.
  • How weird 2btiny - it says on their website that they are negotiating a new date and  venue and will notify all in a few days!!  If you go on the Dover half thread i would email the race director who posted on there directly!
  • JFDI...........I have already sent them an e-mail. I had done so previously in support of their decision to postpone and enquiring whether they had correct contact details for me as I seemed to be the only one who had not had an e-mail or ph call regarding the cancellation. Know idea who they are communicating with now????
  • Oh dear - that's not good - still nothing on their website either!image

• Good luck to all on Sunday. I’m not jealous much, honest. We are sat 100 miles off the coast of Scotland playing with harrier jump jets, all I have for fun is a tread mill.
    Still I’m back for two weeks on the 19th Mar for two weeks leave before shooting off again for another 4 months.
  • ABC, I know this may sound a daft question but do you ever get seasick? image
  • And this is even more daft, if you are on a treadmill and run for an hour and manage 6 miles, whilst the ship is steaming at 20 mph (or knots, I don't know how fast a ship moves!!!!), would that mean you would have logged 26 miles running?????? image
  • When I was on the cruise a couple of yearsago they had an oval running track round the deck, it was about 3 or 4 laps to a mile.
  • Info on Deal Website about a new date for Dover Half.

31st May starting from Fowlmead....

• CF, I guess it depends if the treadmill is in the same direction of ship travel or not....

DB, That's the Bank Holiday Monday, the week after the Canterbury half for those interested.

Fairly easy week of gym work for me - a 3-4m easy loosener at lunchtime and then a lazy day tomorrow before the fun on Sunday. Weather's looking good, and the wind's dropped, but still a bit blowy!

• Cinders it should be in your inbox on here!!!

Ed enjoy yourself on Sunday!

• Well have had an e-mail apology again from Dover HM Race Co-ordinator and an e-mail of the new date. Seems do-able to me, although a little close to Canterbury HM which I also intend to run. So I shall likely be sending their refund cheque back to them!

Ed.......Wind has dropped off today, but according to Bill's wind map forecaster is predicted to be back up to 23-24miles per hr by Sunday morning. image But the good news is it will be dry and sunny!!!! image See u Sunday!

• I received my email this morning about the re-arranged date for Dover, I will probably do it, depending on whether we have any plans for the bank holiday.

Regarding Sunday, just in case I miss Cinders, can I leave the membership stuff behind the desk with you JFDI?

• 2b The other thing about the wind is that it APPEARS to be mainly a sidewind coming off the sea rather than a headwind/tailwind. Who cares, naff all we can do about it so why worry!
  • CB you can

2btiny - I'd do Dover over Canterbury any time its a much nicer race!

• JFDI.............Yeah I know your feelings about Canterbury Half  image......but it is a Grand Prix race.......and if I am to do 6 for the yr, I will need to do it. 

CB.......You know what the wind is like in Thanet!! image It could really come at you from any angle and change when u don't expect it to. But I can live with it.......I've had lots of practise.......I'd rather wind than rain any day!!! I just worry about it being very cold in the wind......but I suppose I'll just have to run faster to get warm if it is an issue!

• 2btiny - I know I won't get the chance to do 6 Grand Prix races as 3 of them our our races and I'm on the computer so I'm just doing the races I enjoy this year - again!!  I did raise it at the meeting with TJ when they booked club champs for these races tooimage

• Morning all.....

Everyone looking forward to the 20 on Sunday?  Mmmmm...the forecast is looking ok for sunshine but not so good on the wind front?  Anyway, that can soon change!

Just a quick question......I see above that 2bt and JFDI are discussing the Grand Prix races and I was just wondering if there is an expectation by the club to run in a certain number of these?  To be honest I dont really know much about the system and how it works?  I didn't enter myself for it this coming weekend either...should I have?

• That Boy - you don't need to enter the Grand Prix separately - as long as you pre enter a race that is a GP you automatically get entered.  The Team Captains obviously want as many members as possible to turn out - I think you need to do 6 out of the 10.  If you do that then the club will also give you a £50 sweatshop voucher!!!

I'm a bit confused as to the scoring etc but if you go on the KCAA Website and look under roadrunning all should become clear - there should also be a list of the GP races on there.

• That's great - thanks JFDI.  I'm sure my plodding on Sunday will make a huge difference (NOT!) Still, good to know and great incentive by the club to do 6 - well done Thanet RR's! Just got to find 5 others in the year now. 
  • That Boy - its about getting the TRAC vests out on show - just to show what a great club we are!!!!
  • Indeed!  Personally, I'm really looking forward to trying the new 20 route.  My last Thanet 20 was 2006 starting from Pfizer social club (I think) so this will be quite different; nice combination of road, track, prom etc.  This is my first race as a TRACie since re-joining - tried the shirt on last night after a run (just to make sure it still fitted image)  It did - just!
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Talking of the 20, is there a course map anywhere.  Carol's kindly dropped my marshal bits off so I don't have to go to race hq but I'm not sure how far into the race I'm positioned.

What number are youTBSIAF?

• Cinders there is supposed to be a course description on our website but I can't seem to even get on our website!!  Where does it say you are?
  • Hi Cinders - I don't have my number yet.  I entered the race via RW so will have to collect my number on the day.