Options

Fans of Thanet

Comments

• Options

Beardo.......Thanx yes enjoyed most of the race. Although admit the self indugence of the victory lap wore off somewhat running back up to The Paragon!!!.......and then turning into that headwind on the home straight!!!! Why is it every TRAC Race I do strategically blows a headwind in your face in the last mile when you least need it?

TBSIARF..........Will be good to see you again on Wed night. The Marlow is easy to find.........turn off is at a roundabout on the New Haine Road and then keep driving right through the school grounds to the Track area at the back. Glad I make an impression! Well Done on your brilliant time!

Thanx again to everyone for their efforts yesterday and all of those who have been organising the race for months. It was my first TRAC race as a TRAC memeber and it made me feel very proud to be a TRACie!!!!

• Options

2BTiny-  Thanks for the directions, that really helps.  I did give you a wave yesterday but not sure if you realised it was me.

Well done on your time - I'm sure you are pleased with that.  A great confidence booster for you.

Cinders - good luck with being in charge of the membership stuff. I'm sure you'll be very good! 

• Options

Ed cant be sure but a sudden onset of bad cramps is often bought on by dehydration or an imbalance in your bodies electrolites.  So it could be either not enough water being taken in  (even on a cold day its important to keep hydrated)  or youve drunk slightly too much water and diluted your electrolites too far (if you consume relatively high levels of water you need to replace salts etc so some type of electrolite drink or salty food is required to rebalance the system).  Hope that helps

• Options
    Cinders....yes. Both the letter and a membership form are integral to the letter...
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
  • Options

MF7, That's what I thought - I do tend to drink a fair bit, but one bottle of isotonic, plus a bottle of water and a gel. I'd be surprised if it was either. I was craving crisps when I got home! Beardo  - another side project for you?! I think it was more setting off too quick and blowing up, without the base miles in my legs.

Anyway, thanks for all your concern - managed a stroll out at lunchtime without looking too much like John Wayne. Knee's moving a bit more easily (going down stairs is still not much!) but booked into a stretch class tomorrow morning, and shall probably gear up to a bit of a trot weds or thurs. Where's my next race......?

still after hugs though.....

• Options
    Well done to all of you, a terrific race that seemed to be enjoyed by all.....................apart form the guy who started about ten minutes after everyone else. I urged him to take it easy in his pursuit, to which he replied 'If your bleedin club signposted where we started I wouldn't be chasing everyone else' I was rather dumbstruck but offered him the observation that 700 other people found the start on time!!!!!!

It also wasn't a lot of fun being 500m from the finish, I gave lots of encouragement, but not too many people were interested in conversation, I can't work out why!!!!!image

Well done Ed, I am glad you made a swift recovery.
  • Options

Arms flexed and ready Ed!

DB will use the work photocopier to do the extra sheets to give you on Wednesday re the AG.

MA took us for a swift 5 and a bit miles tonight - really well done to those who ran yesterday AND tonight!

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

How fast do you run on a Monday JFDI, I'm back up to 6 miles ish but still a slow old thing!  Can't make Thurs still due to college course.

CF, he must have been blind.  Loads of signs around!

• Options

Cinders - we usually do about 5ish on a Monday night in an hour - you'd be fine - the speedy ones double back and me and Hells are usually there plodding and chatting so come and join us!

As for that bloke - what is it with men and asking for directions?!  He told me he'd been driving round Ramsgate for an hour!!!! Muppet!  He also got very cross when i told him he shouldn't wear his Ipod!!  Cooperman was all for taking his name and barring him from future races image

• Options
    JFDI Every race has its small band of numpties. If you gave them their own personal portaloo each there would still be somebody moaning about not enough toilets. I am going to do my usual and not put a review in for 2 or 3 days just in case anybody puts something in which needs replying to.
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Great JFDI, won't be for couple of weeks as got Silverstone half this weekend.

Tut, an ipod as well!

• Options

Cheers CB.

Cinders enjoy Silverstone - I think Ian is doing that one too.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Which Ian is that JFDI?

Looking a bit damper than last weekend!

• Options
    Ian Lockyer - relatively new runner but a smashing bloke - started last year with Man on the Run 5kimage
  • Options
    Anybody else doing Lydd on Sunday? They have promised a new course and better organisation this year. They are taking entries on the day if anybody fancies it. Definite PB potential.
  • Options
    Bill - don't forget to take your own supply of water this year at Lydd !!!!  I'm not tempted this year !
  • Options
    Unfortunately its Mothers Day so have to do dutiful daughter stuff CB - I'd have quite fancied a trot!
  • Options

I know it's a bit late but just wanted to say what a perfect day I had on Sunday:

Great weather (yep, I know it was cold but it wasn't Thanet 10!), brilliant company as ever - Julia & 2bTiny (for a while), perfect pace (nearly eh?, MF7 image) and the most brilliant marshalls - 'specially Mark, Donna & Anna & a catchup with mum2ten at the finish.  I had a blast! 

Thanks so much everyone.  Who'd have thought it - 20 MILES! image  Bring on Brighton!

• Options

Same - JFDI, Mother's Day has priority.  Actually Alyce is cooking for my mum & my 99½ year old Gran and I! Not sure what's on the menu yet.... image

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Lol, I'm in trouble because of Mother's Day.  I entered Silverstone before I realised the date.  Getting round it by taking mum out the night before.  Guess Silverstone is my Mother's Day treat to me!!! image
  • Options

I've entered Lydd too Bill but again neglected to realise it was Mother's Day so will make a decision very late on as whether to go or not!!!

The training plan is 16 this Sunday so may just head out early instead around Westgate (although the lure of PBing a half does somewhat appeal to me also!!!!

Decisions... Decisions....

• Options
    Well, my Mum is 400 miles away and my wife and I are having a "Mothers Day" meal with one of our sons up in London on Saturday, so I am free to run. If I remember correctly the 20 was on Mothers Day 2 years ago and our numbers really suffered.
  • Options
    Lydd on sunday?! Not a hope in hell! I saw the sheet with the bumph on Sunday and it got quickly recycled! I think the knee has improved enough to try a (very!) leisurely 3 or 4 at lunchtime today, but the idea of a half......
  • Options
    KarenD wrote (see)

I know it's a bit late but just wanted to say what a perfect day I had on Sunday:

Great weather (yep, I know it was cold but it wasn't Thanet 10!), brilliant company as ever - Julia & 2bTiny (for a while), perfect pace (nearly eh?, MF7 image) and the most brilliant marshalls - 'specially Mark, Donna & Anna & a catchup with mum2ten at the finish.  I had a blast! 

Thanks so much everyone.  Who'd have thought it - 20 MILES! image  Bring on Brighton!

Thanks Karen it was a pleasure..... I had to keep jumping up and down to keep warm . My toes was starting to get numb !!!
  • Options

I'm going to try and make it to tonights meeting - what time do most people tend to arrive?

• Options
    That boy - we'll be there from 7.30ish.  mark tries to get the meeting started on time at 8 so we can get it over quickly!
  • Options

Thanks JFDI - I'm looking forward to it. See you later.

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Thanks JFDI also
  • Options

Good morning everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks for being made very welcome to the meeting last night.  Good to meet everyone and to put names to  faces etc - had a really good chat with Ed and Frank and I think Derek is wondering why JFDI keeps shouting "hello That Boy" at me. image  Meeting itself I found very interesting and I hope to get along as and when I can.

Thanks again.