Fans of Thanet

Comments

• CB you got a message!

Nice to see you That Boy - it was nice we had quite a few new faces.

Have emailed re the 'coaching' that was going on on Sunday - awaiting a responseimage

• Good morning you quiet little bunch, what are you all thinking about???? Nearly the weekend!image
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning CF image

Did you get a reply JFDI?

• I'm thinking about Monday and Tuesday off. Hurrah!
  • Morning all - everyone looking forward to the weekend?  Yipee!!  Cinders was you at the meeting the other night?  When I passed you during the 20 you were so wrapped up I couldn't really see you!
  • I was genuinely working from home yesterday and was so busy I never went near any private stuff on the pc, forums or emails. Picked up JFDI message today and have responded. My understanding, and nobody has told me otherwise, was that only an AGM can approve changes to membership categories or rates and that those changes when agreed apply from the following year. If I have got that wrong I apologise. I thought that the upcoming AGM approved changes for the year 2011/12 NOT for year 2010/11
  • CB I have responded.  Think there is confusion all round image  However there will be a Social member category with effect from the new membership year - need to check how much.

Looking forward to the weekend - have handed in my notice at work today!!!!image

• Nice one JFDI - I take it that's a good thing?  More time for running now eh? image
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Nice one JFDI, when do you got off to pastures new jobwise?

TBSIARF, yes I was at the meeting, I was sat at the front (got there too late for a back row sea) image

• Of course you should be at the front Cinders!! You're an important member of the team now eh!?  image

Have you sent off the England Athletics paperwork etc yet?  I think CB was saying they were held back until you took over - is that right?

• Still waiting for a start date Cinders but my current work can't recruit till I resign but they won't make me leave till I get one!
  • That Boy. The problem is EA have a year which runs from 1st April and they only have one year open at a time. If we registered you before 31st March they would be looking for another fiver off you a few days later. Unless somebody desperately needed a number I used to hold up anybody who joined after Christmas until the new book was open. Hope that makes sense.
  • Presumably you know your "market" JFDI but most folk would not find now to be a good time to be looking for a new job!
  • CB - makes perfect sense. Many thanks for the explanation.
  • CB - I think I am fairly safe - I have had my consultant in tears asking me to reconsider leaving and an email from my new line manager asking me if I can possibly arrange to meet with her before I actually start!

If all else fails I'll revert to Margate clocktowerimage

• JFDI,  congrats on the new job! My boss just heard that she's moving onwards and upwards, so hopefully there's a bit of scope for me to move on  as well - annual review on Tuesday so good timing from her! I also see you've now got Richard Branson on side.....

That Boy, it was good to have a chat with you on Wednesday!

Cinders, my tribe was watching near you on Sunday at Wellesley house - dozily on the wrong side of the road, so number three couldn't pass me her jelly babies (maybe that;s why i struggled form halfway....) I'll send the paperwork off over the weekend.

CF, I'm thinking about having a day off work today, celebrating the passing of another year without my joyous commute, lazing around Westwood shopping, having a coffee - all without the kids! Just watched a film before the afternoon school run.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Lol Ed, I saw the little crowd over the other side of the road but wasn't sure who they were.

Thanks for that CB, do you know when EA clear down their data?  Is it before 1st April or after?

TBSIARF, noooooooo, I wanted to be at the back and hide image

• Cinders, i think it is after. Try going in yourself and have a look around to acclimatise yourself with the site.
  • morning 

I have the diary out - anyone done or thinking of the Souths Downs Mara (25th April this year)  ?

as you were image

• 25th April bo-bo surely you will be at 19 miles on the vlm ?
  • image diary - foolproof - pah!

PSC is already booked on some mammoth ride that day.....image

Cliff - Sevenoaks?

• Hope everyone's weekend jaunts went well..

Decided to leave Lydd alone in the end and ran a pacy (for me) 16 miles in 2:24 through Reculver and back but felt spent compared to the 20 last week which was run at a slightly slower pace.

I think the remaining weeks will focus on getting used to running slower 9.40 miles which potentially would bring me in around 4:15 (all other factors to account for though).

What I do know is that I will be majorly disappointed if I fail to beat my PB of 4:54... although the quality and quantity of training so far would not suggest any dissapointments.

Here's hoping for an injury-free and effective final few weeks build up for all concerned!!!!

• Sevenoaks? Bobo, I will let you know later on in the week image
  • Cliff face wrote (see)
    Sevenoaks? Bobo, I will let you know later on in the week image
    that doesn't sound too good - not injury I hope ..or run out of brownie points.
  • I ran Lydd today despite my adverse comments last year, having been assured that everybody's Comments had been recognised. David Hall was the only other TRAC entrant. First of all, let me give you my views and then I will give you another view, just to show you that  "beauty really is in the eye of the beholder"

1 I drove around Lydd for a good few minutes without finding any signs to the start, there was one, but if you turned off before that it waseasy to get lost.
    2 There were NO portaloos. The Gents toilets for 400+ runners consisted of 2 cubicles and 3 urinals. Fortunately that did not bother me too much as I only needed "number 1s"
    3 The refreshments consisted of one lady with a kettle, no urn, trying to keep up with the queue of people wanting a cup of tea before running (it wasa decent cup of tea but that ain't the point)
    4 There was no start line and people just milled around and started running on a 3-2-1. My Garmin showed 12.95 at the end.
    5 At the 3 mile mark there was a lady, on her own, rushing to try to pour out cups of water, that was the first water station
    6 Apart from the start/finish area I saw no more than about 6 marshals, of  whom about 2 or 3 shouted any kind of encouragement.
    7 I am told there was a water station at the 6 mile mark which had disappeared by the time I got there.
    8 At about 7 miles we came to a crossroads where a marshal (presumably he was as he had no bib or identification) stood in the middle of the junction and couldn't be arsed to even bother sticking hisarm out to show uswhere we were supposed to go.

Positives: New course which was much nicer; much better goody bag; great PB potential (but NO, I didn't)

Now, here is what another  "runner"  who must either be a "plant" or a first-timer wrote:

: Extremely well organised
    In full: The marshalls were brilliant. Lots of water stations. Extremely well organised. Usual problem...big queues for toilets before the start.

• Sounds exactly like last year Bill to be honest.  I would never do another "Nice Work" race.  I have done two and they have both been a complete shambles.  It is interesting how the company always blame the fact that marshals etc don't turn up on the day but they never seem to put a Plan B in place which you would tend to as it seems to happen at every single event they organise. 

It's a shame as I would like to do Lydd again but wouldn't consider it all the time those jokers are in charge of it.

The marshals in last year's Lydd Half were so unenthusiastic it was untrue.  I actually had to slow down and ask the one at 12 miles which road I needed to take as he just stood there with a grin on his face and didn't even point.

• The problem is Andy that it has such great PB potential. I ran my 3rd fastest Half, but missed PB by just over 3 minutes.