Calling all FLM race entrants

Comments

• So do we vote on who we would like nominated ???

If so

My votes go to

Wardi-all round top guy with a kind and encouraging word for all in the 4 years I have known him.

RFJ- another regular I know

Hollywood- another top guy who have actually met in person and lived to tell the taleimage

Good luck everyone sorry i cant vote for you all

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • LauraFLauraF ✭✭✭

Only just heard an hour ago that I got a club place from my on-line club (uknetrunner.co.uk). As soon as I heard, I hit the forums so I could start working out how best to train. I guess I'm too late, but this is me anyway image

Name: Laura Foster

Reason why we should train you: Starting in January I am starting a new role ot work in which I will be spending 40% of my time travelling in different timezones - Bangalore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Sydney, New York and London. Very exciting, but likely to play havoc with my body clock and hence training plans. This will be my 6th marathon - I started running at age 36 and my first FLM was in 2000. I have tried different training plans every time, but have never been given specific advice, and would love to know if I have potential beyond what I have been able to discover in myself.

Marathon goal: Sub 4, but my 'secret' goal is a GFA time (at 44)

Marathon PB: 4:02:21 - 2 years ago, so sub 4 ought to be possible...

• and the votes are for..... Barlos and Hollywood
  • Name:  Left Foot

Reason:   Got a ballot place for FLM.  All my shorter race PBs (5K 21:09, half marathon 1:39) indicate I ought to be able to crack the 3:30 mark.   I'm not in bad shape, have run 5 marathins,  but find it difficult to fit in as much running as I'd like what with a full time job (albiet in a health club), and a part time job teaching yoga in the evenings and weekends, a book project on the go and a Pilates teacher training course in the works.  I also really need a kick up the backside when it comes to getting out there in the dark and/or cold  (Too many years living in hot climes like Jamaica and in the Middle East have turned me into a wet weather wimp).   At the moment I'm running a couple of times a week, doing a lot of cross training -- yoga, pilates and spinning --  but I still seem to be improving my pace, which is intruiging.  I usually try to do my long runs at  30 seconds faster than marathon pace, per mile.   I'd be a great guinea pig for the 3 runs a week plan, plus a shed load of cross training, and see if it's possible to run less and get quicker.  

My other talents include procrastination.  Notice I am behind on even noticing this thread and posting a response.  Help!

Marathon PB:  3:45:26 (Hamburg 2007)

• Voting time....

Wardi..............he's got a tough goal but hopefully achievable with the coaching

RFJ...............another off the training thread who will give his all

Richk...............he was a brilliant pacer at Abingdon 04 and encouraged the sub4 group so well, and is of course forumite photographer extraordinare!

Evil Pixie............one of the first forumites I spoke to on a thread who deserves a shot at reacjing her potential.

Hollywood doesnt need the help he is too quick anyway image

• Thanks so much everyone who voted for me.
  • I didn't even get seconded by my other halfimage

• I'll vote for

Sezz

Evil Pixie

and of course Barlosimage

• Barlos
    Mouse
    DoT
    Hollywood

and Granny Denny because she seems to have a sense of humour...

Vote Barlos!

• Name: Ellie Merrick

Reason why we should train you: 3 parts1)       I’ve never run a marathon – so have no bad habits / no good habits / can be considered a blank slate

2)       I am utterly terrified

3)     As a very new joiner to RW forums (this morning) it'd make a nice welcome!      

Marathon goal: 3 parts:1)       I’d like to finish

2)      I’d like to run the whole way round

3)      I’d love to do it around 4:30 (and to do it without complaining would be marvellous)

Marathon PB:

8 miles as my longest ever distance and that as a slow Grim challenge (1 hour 47 mins) at the beginning of December but running in thigh high water is a little different to London marathon miles!

• I would like to second or even third

NSC (northernslowcoach)

• Pizza man..how can a pacer NOT let you follow them...surely you are all going the same way ?
  • My votes go to

Hollywood

Wardi

RFJ

three from the DTT..all offer good advice and show interest in others training..

and

Little Stoker.

..from the sub 3.45 thread..a great poster who makes me laugh..and trains VERY early in the morning...which shows great commitment

• As we seem able to vote:

Dad of Two - would love to see him break his PB and achieve his potential

Mouse - I think she'd do great and would love to read her story/progress

Pixie - similar reasons to Mouse

• Stump - flattered - even if I am at the bottom of the list image

and to anyone else who has attempted to further my cause - I thank you - and will stop eating icecream now out of respect for your faith in me!*

*Unless I'm picked and they feature as an integral part of the train ing plan obviously - I'm dedicated me!

• name;      LEMSIP

reason;    Broke 3 hours last year,and would like given the right help to see if I can improve further and still finish with a smile. Turned down for London several times and run some great other races, Nottingham, Cardiff & Halstead all outstanding events. Took 4  runs to break 4 hours and want to experiance the London race having watched it for years on the telly.

Work nights and currently have the time to train & prepare,  want to just experiance it, want to excel in it.

pb;    2.54

aim; 2.40 (and qualify for the elite start for the following year) 

• Good luck to everyone, looks like everybody deserves to win. In the next few months don't forget to look back at this thread to re-motivate you when the nights are dark & cold & there's another run to go out & do...
  • Yep good luck everyone.

I am sure whoever gets it will do us all proud

• Hurrah

Thanks for the votes guys.

I promise I will have got over my cold in time to train like a demon.

Ain't no way I'm givin up chocolate, Pix are you mad? image I may try and eat a little bit less, but not much.

• I don't feel at all worthy of this now that I have read everybody else's accounts of struggling through injury, juggling babies, flirting with elite status, dashing in and out of multiple time zones and raising thousands for charity.   Not to mention the fact that my own "entry" was virtually incoherent having been written in haste with the company I.T. guy looking over my shoulder.  (I did say I was timed starved!)

For the majority of us who don't get selected, look on the bright side:  We can sprain an ankle, catch man flu, pull the duvet over our head in February, log a 10K personal worst mid-March sometime, gain a stone, spend the charity money on the dogs and still not feel like we've let down the entire online running community.

Good luck, everybody! image

• Vote Fat Face.

Oh bugger, I didn't get a place. 

• Good luck everyone image

I would like to add my vote to NSC please.

• If I can't vote for myself then I'll go for NSC too.
  • And Rio if she wants the training too.
  • LauraFLauraF ✭✭✭
    I like the attitude Left Foot.