Options

Calling all FLM race entrants

Comments

• Options

I vote Sezz since she's a longstanding forumite and more of a 'normal runner' (I mean that nicely - what I mean is she's not a crazy 2.30 hour whippet who I couldn't ever hope to emulate).  I could follow Sezz with a realistic chance of following her progress myself (possibly?).

Also it would be nice to see Evil Pixie as another long standing forumite with a good reason for running.  Both of the above have shown their dedication to running and to the forums for some time.

It would also be nice to see a first timer and a faster whippet too. 

There you go Daniel RW.  Job done.  You can go home now...! image 

• Options
    OK...Barlos and Sezz for me too....
  • Options
    but sezz would kill barlos
  • Options

yeah, i vote barlos too.  i can't think of a more worthy person to toe the start line.

i'll even lend him the megaphone to use for his campaign.

• Options
  • Options

What's fit Sluggie?

I vote Sezz and Barlos

• Options

The name is Barlow not Barlos! But I quite like the name Barlos it has a Spanish ring to it!

PB

• Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭
    Vote TR

does it involve spreadsheets, schedules, HR's and proper running clothing ?

best not vote TR then.

I'll stick to a bit of wombling and a few push-ups and pull-ups.
  • Options
    I second RichK - he's done loads for the forums, forumites and other runners and deserves something back and he's not a nine stone racing whippet (at the moment image
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    I would like to vote for Rich K - ditto above and for Sezz
  • Options

Name: Joolska

Reason why we should train you: I've been running for 6.5 years and FLM 2008 will be my 6th marathon.  So far, I've PB'd every time and had a real breakthrough at FLM 2007, taking 12 minutes off my Cardiff 2006 time to run 3.07.  Amsterdam 2007 was frustrating, as I picked up a calf injury 2 weeks out and blew a great chance of sub-3, or at least a more substantial reduction in my PB. 

My dedication to my running is exceeded only by my dedication to the sub-3 thread, who are a great bunch.  I'm feeling dispirited at the moment because I've not been able to train for a week due to a virus.  Some professional advice on training would be a great pick-me-up to ensure I make the most of my first Champs' start and smash that 3 hour barrier.

Marathon goal: sub-3

Marathon PB: 3.05.16

• Options
    SorryRich K and the other nominees but my vote goes to Sezz
  • Options

Hello!

Name - Janette Keating

Reason why you should train me - where do I start?  I had a place in this year's LM through the Institute of Cancer Research.  In Feb I broke a bone in my left ankle and had to pull out.  They kindly said they would defer my place to 2008.  The fracture healed but there were other complications, MRI scans needed etc.  Once I was given the all clear to start running again, my parents needed help looking after my Dad who had bowl cancer.  I stayed with them at home and in the hospice for the last month of his life - he died end of October - and I didn't have the time or the energy, physically or emotionally, to do any running.  So I started again a few weeks ago and it feels like I have Everest to climb in quite a short time.   However, I will do it for the charity and for my Dad no matter what it takes but could really do with some help and guidance.  And if I can shift the stone or so I put on whilst I was laid up that would be a bonus!  So if you'd like a challenge, then please pick me!

Marathon goal - to get round with a smile on my face - not sure at this stage what is realistic timewise.

Marathon PB - n/a as this is my first one.

Thanks.

• Options
    Bouncing Barlist, he needs the place. A dedicated training regime like the SAS would suit
  • Options
    I vote Barlos and Sezz
  • Options

Hi RW,

I'd like to vote for Little Stoker as one of the lucky people to get trained. He's such a lazy so-and-so he really needs all the help he can get with his first marathon...

Only joking of course - he's a very determined runner, often doing 16 milers at the crack of dawn before returning home to be a committed father.

He recently set a new half-marathon PB, and as he had to pull out of FLM last year due to injury, some special training will be just the boost he needs.

Yours

Nick

(Little Stoker appreciation society!)

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭

Who? Karen Hardy

Why? I've run 20 marathons now so I know I can do it. I've even done four this year on naff-all training in times ranging from 4.27 at Amsterdam to 5.50 the following week at Beachy Head. I'd like to re-discover the joys of motivation and finding out that training does actually produce results. I promise not to stop and pick up litter on the way round. I bet no-one has got a PW better than mine - 10.30 (it was a hilly course, Rob Spedding could tell you about it). Oh, and I'm one of those old old forumite people.

Goal: to go sub-4 again 

PB: 3.57 in 2004

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    And after I've voted for myself, if you're using STV then Sezz can have my vote too. Her PT is a bit dodgy so she'll need some help.
  • Options

Call me Cynical......

I know that I rarely post but I thought that the thread asked for "Forumites". Surely to be a forumite you must have contributed to the forum before this thread / competition was announced.

It's lovely to see so many new posters, & I hope they continue to become forum regulars but how many would have taken the plunge without the enducement offered by RW.

I'm going to be running my umpteenth FLM (including the first ever) and wish all the newbies the best of luck, but, in support of the regulars I second any entry with more than a 1000 posts to their name.

• Options
    I second Deedee merrily on high...., because she is doing the Edinburgh Marathon a few weeks later as well.
  • Options

ahem you're not THAT old, Womble image

But as there are more than one place- presumably we can have more than one vote?

So that's Womble, RichK and  Sezz

• Options
    Can I vote for Womble as well - I'd love to see her in the RW mag image
  • Options

I second Rio,  because I'd like to see how you get the shiny new race day kit over the top of her Little Miss Naughty costume.

Great cause, and aiming for a time whilst running in a 6 kilo costume.

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

I'd like to vote for Little Stoker

The Brechin Bullet is an inspiration to all those that can't get out from under the duvet each morning. The dedication this man has shown already is mind-blowing. There will be no doubting his commitment. He listens to advice and will be a coaches dream. After taking onboard some hints and tips from the sub 3.45 thread this year, our man north of the border smashed his half marathon PB.

Somehow he finds time to be a top Dad, husband and faithful dog walker. Does work for charity and is currently appearing as Father Christmas bringing joy to the poverty stricken kids of Brechin (poetic license used).

He's already a good read on the RW forums but being part of a feature he will be unbearable...sorry, that should read extremely good fun and interesting.  image

Give a place to the Stoker, if only to get him away from decorating his mother-in-laws house!!

SB (Agent to LS and Mr 20% of any fee)

• Options

Who?  Mouse

Why?  I did my first marathon in Dublin in October to see if I could manage 26.2 miles.  It was the hardest thing I have ever done but I already had a deferred place for FLM.  So I knew I had to do it at least once more, despite saying 'never again!'  Now I know I can do it and have lived to tell the tale I'd actually like to be able to do a better job.  I'm not a natural athlete and I think I represent a suitable challenge for the RW team.  As well as running 26.2 miles, I could do with losing a bit of weight too.   I intend to run in memory of my two cousins who had Cystic Fibrosis and raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.

Oh, and my post count is aprroximately 25k.

Goal:  Sub 5.15 would be nice, sub 5 would be amazing.

PB: 5.29 Dublin 2007 

• Options
    I vote Mouse, Sezz (if she goes back to the little girl on the bike avatar), Womble and Rio.
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭

how many votes can we have?

Barlos - do it properly, mate.

Sezz - pro maleficiis beneficia

Pixie - (((((me ol' mate)))))