Options

Fuel Blockades

1235»

Comments

• Options
    personally if the government is going to collect £xx in taxes, i'd rather as much of it as possible comes from fuel tax, fag tax, and IHT rather than income tax.  various reasons, but saving the planet is particularly good.  natural disasters up 60% in the last decade, according to a paper i read over somebody's shoulder on the train this year. obv the daily mail will tell you that it's due to filthy immigrants rather than global warming... but the daily mail are a bunch of morons.
  • Options

That's quite a fun site...but it offers me no alternative other than to use the car.

If I leave the house at 8:04, I could be at work by 9:45...shame that I start at 8am.

Hometime is better: if I leave at 16:39, I could be home by 18:07. Unfortunately I work til 17:00 or 17:30.

If I shortened my working day by 3 or 3.5 hours, I could use public transport; I'd even get a 45 minute lie-in...

• Options

Got to agree with Wilkie pear tree, it's business as usual here, I don't think it will come to anything. Mind you I have been wrong before.

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I commute to work, but trying to get anywhere (other than into London) by public transport is hopeless.

I live in Essex, and to get to Stansted airport would mean going into London on one train, and back out on another - about twice as far, and twice the time.

I got a local bus a while ago, and for a journey of about two miles, it was £2.80.  It would cost less than that by car, even if I had to pay to park.

• Options

I have no idea what my trip to work would cost by bus/train, but it costs me about a fiver a day in diesel. If I had to reduce my working hours by (a conservative) 12 hours a week in order to use public transport, it would cost me £500 a month in lost income at £10 an hour (and I'm happy to say I'm paid more than that image)

Petrol prices would have to go up astronomically for me to find it economically viable to switch to public transport...

• Options
    NykieNykie ✭✭✭
    I pu the same thread up on rlfans.com (a rugby forum) and it's spawned a monster. About twenty pages of drivers arguing with non-drivers. Including me, but the person I'm arguing with is a sanctimonious cow, so I forgive myself image
  • Options

I dont really care how much fuel costs, in fact £5 a litre is fine by me as long as the money is extra revenue used to build gas chambers for the "global warming is a result of Co2 emissions" retards.

The global warming bollocks as a result of you driving your car is a fantastic  example of how easy it is to fool most of the people most of the time.

god bless the stupid people, I guess at least they help keep the income tax lower.

• Options
  • Options
    £1 a litre for petrol isnt to bad in the scheme of things anyway, its about the same as water costs in most shops and we dont see people blockading Evian or Buxton Spring distributers.
  • Options

that web site is so funny.
    Looking at my journey to work by car it suggests going down Marlborough Hill in Bristol, which is one way coming up the hillimage

• Options
    The web site is complete twaddle! My journey to head office came up 30 miles short, cost a lot less in fuel yet took and hour and a half longer than normal. I presume I have to push the car as the crow flies?