FLM Training: Wardi

Comments

• What's everyone else doing, Wardi?

I'm dieting.

I don't like it.

• WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    You are supposed to start dieting after the season of goodwill like everyone else {O:
  • Must be the tapering getting to you Wardi. My marathon will kick off in our capital city Canberra 7am Sunday 13th. so, being we are 9hrs ahead makes that 10pm when you will all be tucked up and dreaming of your massive PB's. All going to plan I hope to be finished before 1am your time. Don't know when I will be able to hop online to check out all your results and war stories , probably not till I'm back home Monday afternoon. Dieting is not allowed this week.
  • I run instead of dieting.

My Boxing Day diet consisted of a 22 mile run and stuffing my face again.

• WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Good luck at Canberra Glenda, hope the conditions are good for you.

Gavin.. not much margin for error in your hoped for times! Mine will be something like..

sub 3:00.. dreamland
    sub 3:06.. a PB so delighted
    sub 3:15.. a respectable disaster!

6.6 miles mostly off road with clubmates. A nice evening for it. Gradually feeling more spritely and still treating myself to the odd square of chocolate.
  • Mon, Tue and Wed runs as planned, although Tuesdays speed work was nearer 5:30m/m than 6:30m/m. I'm now resting until Saturday.

Your right Wardi, my hoped for times leave little room for error so I am going to have the be very disciplined. I could not face another 3:00:31 after coming so close to breaking sub3 last time so I WILL run under 3 hours!

Talking about diet, I had a lovely chicken fried rice and beef chow mein last night.  That will set me up really well for Sunday.

• WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Gavin.. I was studying some results from 2006 (I had a quiet day at work!). One chap went through half way in 1:31 and finished in 2:58. Way to go, he ran 30-40k in 40:08!

Another fellow ran these 10k splits to finish in 2:59.08..

42:36
    42:52
    42:24
    42:19

I would be delighted with even pace like that!

8 X 400 tonight with a 1.5m warm up & 1.5m jog home. 85, 86, 85, 86, 85, 85, 82, 84. Plenty of spring in the legs so the taper appears to be going well.
  • Evening One and All,

Been working my cotton socks off, providing a bit of noise pollution all over the UK. All good military training of course.

Managed to taper mainly through lack of time;

Mon: 3 Miles Steady

Tue: 4 Miles Easy-Slow

Wed: 3 x 400m sprints and 5 x 200m Sprints.

Shall rest Thur and Fri, with a wee trot around Hyde Park Sat.

Wardi- Nice effort above. Feeling very confident for you fella. Will try and track you down pre start. As your published metronome style is just what I need!

Glenda- Best wishes for your run down under, looking forward to your race report. Suspect something special is possible.

Gavin- Reckon you are all primed for a sub 3.

Blisters- Diet? Can't remeber eating more. ooops.... nice Curry though!

Anyone going to the Expo on the Fri?

ENJOY THE FINAL TAPER FOLKS...

• I got to halfway in 1:31:00 at FLM in 2006. Just for interest:

My splits in 2006 for 10k were:

44:57

41:39

41:59

42:35

Fairly consistant. It was just being held up at the start that was the problem. It's going to be really tough but I know that I can do it this time!

• I'm not really feeling that fresh at the moment though which is a bit worrying but i'm sure in 4 days i'll be ready to go.

I'm travelling down to London after work on Friday (arrive about 10pm) so am going to expo first thing Saturday morning.

• Wardi  Have a good run,I posted a few days ago re tips for going sub 3 these are my splits when I used a pacing braclet.

Results for:

STEPHEN. JONES

Runner No.:

Nationality:

GBR

Club:

STOCKPORT HARRIERS

Position (Overall): 1180Position (Gender): 1111Position (Age group): 255SplitsKM10:0:42:12 KM20:1:24:42HALF:1:29:16 KM30:2:07:09KM40:2:50:16 FINISH:2:59:19
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Many thanks for that Jonah, good pacing.

Looking forward to it now, catching the London train at lunchtime tomorrow, check in to hotel then to the Expo.

Easy run of 5 miles with the club tonight. Legs feel ok and it looks as if I didn't catch my work colleague's cold!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    All the best Wardi I hope you break that 180 minutes (and finsh just after me).

If you see the orange/navy singlet at the merge of the starts then give us a nudge.
  • All the best Wardi! You sure deserve to be up there with Baldini!

• Evening Wardi . .

Well we're almost there now aren't we!! Have a safe journey down tomorrow, enjoy the Expo, and I'll see you and our lady Dreamers at the Blue start on Sunday image

• I think this will be my last chance to use the internet so all that is left to say is GOOD LUCK Wardi.

I would also like to thank everyone who has given advice and shared their training experience.

Good luck to everyone running on April 13th! Have a safe journey to London and a trouble free weekend. Registration form, Photo ID..,..

• Last pre FLM Post!

Best wishes to one and all. Hope you all achieve your various targets and are wrapped up in a big foil blanket when the big 3:00:00 appears on the clock.

Seconding Gavin, thanks for all the top tips and experience handed down by the likes of Wardi, Steve and co.

Look forward to reading those post race reports!!!!!

• WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Good luck lads (and Glenda!). Hope you all have a great day and achieve your targets.

Thanks to all of you who have encouraged me and offered advice over the months, it has been a great experience.
  • SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Hey Wardi,

Good luck for Sunday.  Hope you have a great race and knock those pesky 6 minutes off your time and the first number of your finish time is a 2.   Fat Face says save some Sam Smiths for him in the Chandos afterwards.  See you there if we don't see you at the blue start first.

• Wardi - best of luck and see you at the finish (or in Chandos)

You deserve a decent pb and the weather looks ideal for a good crack at the 3 hr mark.

Like you, I'm keeping a close eye on the wind...
  • Wardi - not sure if you still have internet access but just wanted to say I hope we do get to meet up before we all set off on Sunday.  If not, best of luck for the race, the way your training's gone I'm sure you're going to have no problems achieving your target!!

• wardi

appreciate you are now in London.

weather looks ok for that attempt. I know you can do it.

give me a call if you want to talk through anything, though I'm sure you have it all under control.

to everyone on this thread - good luck

run fast but try and enjoy it whether you run 2:59 or 3:01 or whatever.

• Wardi Very best wishes for your run out.

Yours will be one of the first I'll look for on Sunday night. Shame the weather is looking a bit damp, but a bit of water is far better than too much sun or a stiffish breeze.

Keeping my fingers crossed.......and I wont be jealous if you do it......honest.

Dull
  • Quick question...

Last year you could follow people's progress online and I'd like to do the same with Wardi this year. Does anyone know his proper name, or his number? image

Cheers

Mike
  • Hey Wardi,

If I don't get a chance to see you at the start, best of luck and I hope tomorrow goes to plan. I'm sure it will though. Your training has been fantastic and it has been great having you in the Dream Team.

See you in the pub.

Dan RW

• Wardi Just seen a good friend of yours come in seconds behind James Cracknell.

All the family know him and were screaming at the telly as he finished

Never saw you, but I just hope you were in the general area at the time.

Dull

• Wardi ran 3:03 - Blisters ran 2:59.

Wardi is rightly pleased with a big pb.

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    I think I saw you finishing, Wardi (unless someone else with the same name was finishing at the same time!). Well done!!