10 weeks off - best way to restart?

I've been unable to run for 10 weeks due to foot surgery but am now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Thought I might start with 1 mile and see how it goes, gradually build up.

Anyone been in a similar situation and if so how did you return to your running routine?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Liz, did you ask the surgeon when you could run again? Are you seeing a physio? How far can you walk?
  • surgeon said 10 weeks onwards and to see how foot felt.  Can walk ok but still getting used to it - try and walk my two dogs for about 30 minutes every day.  Fitness level has obviously gone out the window and did think I might start with run/walk routine although don't usually do that - just run!
  • liz u can go in  water to get  or fitness lever  40 mis  a  day u can run in water   good look
  • liz  rowing machine good for u i was off for   15 weeks   so i did  rowing machine  6 days a week  for  50 mis   got fitness lever  black  my 1 race back  i did  a 10 k  and  time  was 37 33  so the rowing machine  help me  liz gave  a go  u be ok   take care