Losing it with Nam and Bear

Comments

• Well done on the training B, be good to see you at mudchute.  No wok's please. lol
  • BB ✭✭✭
    lol I think Bear or Nam might bring one image

3.6 mile run this morning followed by shred level 2. Have done two weeks of the 30 day shred (shred 5 times a week and body pump twice), it is hard with strength, cardio and abs, but I reall think it is doing something. I have been really good on the eating front and have lost about 3 lbs
  • Back from my week's training holiday, luckily I did 30 hours of exercise their with the amount of food I ate and even some fruit and veg, must have been the sun affected me.
  • Are you feeling ok ITB, fruit and veg all in one week.

B I'm hoping to avoid the wok this year but you never know. lol

Down another 1lb this week to 9st 8lb, so close to 9 and a half stone.  Maybe next week.image

• It was in Spanish, in my defence I thought one of the cakes was a sausage roll but was kind of like an apple turnover. For the other cases must have been sunstroke or a few of the local beers to wash the taste away.

Back to the normal now with a 6 mile run followed by a pizza with a mash potato topping image

• Pizza with mash potato topping, that's a new one on me.
  • Got a new course pb at parkrun norwich by 57 seconds image

But as I was back home I put on 3lb this week image

• BB ✭✭✭
    image to the PB, you'll soon work off the extra lbs

I am having pizza for tea image with extra olives imageimage

Saw the physio on Tuesday and I have loads of exercises to do. I have been doing loads of body pump, shredding and walking, but will do my first run for a while tomorrow, weather looks like short sleeved top time! image

• I have decided to weigh myself every two weeks, this is to spot trends and not react to a "bad week". It is purley coincdental that I forgot to weight myself this week.

I may have to book a MRI, CAT scan, full blood test and phscological test at work, due to already making and eating an apple, pear and mago crumble plus a banana upside down cake.

• Down a massive 1/2 lb the last 2 weeks.

Due to cold I am not cycling this weekend but planning on doing 3 running races.

• BB ✭✭✭
    Three races! Good luck with those ITB image

I am still doing lts of strength and core work and getting back into regular running. Only did two last week, but number three planned this morning. Must get some consistency back in my running or I will never build back up ...
  • I will write up a proper review on my blog at somepoint.

On Friday 10km started on a cold day (4c) but the sundid come out and warmed it up by 4-5c. I stuck to my plan of going of at a fast contralable pace until 7km (turn point)and then picked up the pace all the way to the end. I ended up with a sub 48 time.

Saturday my legs were aching after the previous day's race so I took it a bit easier and did a 24 minute 5km, with a few faster bursts.

Sunday I did a 5 mile race along the north sea coast in strong cold wind. I some how managed a good time which I think was 38 minutes. There was only about 25 people did this race.

Not a bad weekend 3 races and only 1 easter egg.

• BB ✭✭✭
    Good racing ITB image
    I did nil races and 1 Easter egg image
  • Evening all,

Wow ITB be careful with all that fruit, I hope you are now back to normal. image

Good racing by the way.

Starting my taper this weekend, doing an 8 mile long run tomorrow.  I'm hoping for a pb at VLM and really hope to get near the 5 hour mark.

B, glad the training is going well.  Are you going to be at Mudchute?  If so I'll look out for you, which support group are you in?

• BB ✭✭✭
    Hi Prawnie, not long now, no tapir madness I hope! I am with Caz in group 3 so we will look out for you, is there anything you want us to have? It will be great to see you and cheer you on to a PB, good luck image
  • Just a cheer and a hug will do, I'm going to leave a small bag with some jelly babies and a gel in at the expo for Group 5.  You won't be able to miss me, I'll be wearing a bright orange t-shirt with FAB in big letters on the front.

Be good to see you again, last time I saw you was at the start of the marathon a few years ago with Cookie.

• BB ✭✭✭
    That was the last time I supported at Mudchute, really lookingforward to being there again image
    Have a brilliant run and see you there x
  • Hope the tapering is going well Prawnie.

*shuffles in to thread dragging heels* - shameface...

Well I've decided to draw a line under my eating recently - >

That's me back on the wagon...I'm up a half stone (still got a stone off) and I'm having no more of it. I've booked to do a half marathon in 16 weeks - I've never followed a half marathon schedule before but just did them as incidentals to my marathon training.

So I have a schedule to follow - I'm going to eat properly - I'm going to go sub 2.30 in my race. *vows!!*

I'm going back to the swimming club tonight - must look out my floaties and rubber ring!!

Anyone else need a kick up the bum or just me??
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭

gingerfurball.... please can you give me a kick? I have a stone to shed!!

Room for another?

• Annoyingly the weight loss that was going so well has stopped. Inches are going, lbs are not. Muscles are looking good though...silver linings?

I lost 3 stone since last April time (ish) and have approx another stone to go...it has other ideas though.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭

3 stones is a massive achievement! the problem I have is that in the run up to the olympics I have decreasing amounts of time for quality training sessions so my emphasis has to be on the diet and minimising the crap I eat!

• image I am a bit proud of myself....gone from a size 20 (almost 16 stone) to a 16 and just a shade under 13 stone. Would like that las stone gone but tbh I'm happier going by how my jeans fit/whether my bra is too big etc than the numbers on a scale.

I'm 5'8" so my BMI tells me I should have a max weight of 11.5 stone...something tells me that will never happen, not with how my muscles are going. I'd be happy to lose a wee bit more though....we'll see. Hoping the longer miles will help a bit at shedding a wee bit more weight.

• BB ✭✭✭
    Brilliant losing mimaduck image
    Welcome Mr f too ... are you working on the Olympics? I am very excited about it image

I have been doing lots of strength and core work recently and therefore have more muscle too mima, I like it so I am trying not to focus on weight but on reducing fat and inches - if the fat goes and is replaced by muscle and I weigh the same that will be ok. I have been really motivated about gym classes and core stuff, but not my running, so I really need a kick to get out running. I have decided to start a half mara schedule this week with the aim of doing a 15 mile off road race in July - it's not an A target race, but it is lovely and I did it once before really slowly, so it would be good to go faster this time.
  • Oh cool - more people on the wagon!! Welcome Mima and MrF - Mima I'm the same as you I'm 5'9" and currently 13.5 stone (had got down to 12:13 but then had an op about 10 weeks ago and have done nothing since then) and then the subsequent weight gain.

I'm back training again (yay to half marathons!!) - and I'm in a wee competition with my SIL who is the same weight as me and he wants to get down to 12 stone - which I think I'd be quite happy as a goal for the meantime. image

Line up everyone for a kick up the bum image
  • *bends over - target pinned to bum*

thats better - thanks Ginge!

I need to get to a gym and start cross training with some added weights. All I do is run (i refuse to swim, hate it!) and I don't own a bike so I think the gym might give me a bit of a boost - weight training and resistance and core work hopefully will shed the fat and build the muscles. I like muscles.

Got a 1/2 mara in 4 weeks and then another one 4 weeks after that too... blimey!

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    It's like being back at school!!

Nothing like a bit of encouragement, thanks!
    A stone is what I want to lose and the associated toning up of my arsebthat goes with it. A few wobbly bits have developed of recent!
  • *slinks back into the thread*

I'd try to hide at the back, but there's no hiding my lardy arse! Looks like we have a mid-season return to being on the wagon image

Shall we start a new list?

• BB ✭✭✭
    You look gawjuss in the wedding photos Frodo ...
    I have about half a stone of fat that I would like to lose/replace with muscle ...
  • B, it's very kind of you to say, but I'm 2.5 stone heavier than I was in 2007-8 image and about a stone above a "healthy" BMI (not that I put huge store by the BMI calculations, but I am too heavy for my height and it is certainly not muscle!!)
    I think I'll always be heavy for my size, but I really want to feel less flabby (it'll also help my running speed up too, if I have less body-weight to carry - all my PBs were set when I was about 1-1.5 stone lighter than I am now).
    So my personal target is to get back down to 9.5 stone - let the Monday weigh-ins recommence image
  • List*List*List*List*List*List*