Losing it with Nam and Bear

Comments

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    My aim is 12.5 stone. Achievable for me, just need a bit of focus! I've got some trousers that are tight around my rear end so they are going to be the guide! Plenty of green tea, water and avoiding chocolate, beer, wine and other crap. I think I also need to find a race to enter to keep me motivated.
    This thread seems to have been going for quite sometime now, what other success stories do we have?
  • I think people have come and gone over the years, Mr F image
    I joined the thread about two years ago but haven't really sustained any loss image
    I'm hoping it will be different...this time...
    I know I *can* do it - I lost three stone between 2006-2007 and maintained that lower weight for over two years - but it's crept back over the last three years and I've clearly been aware of it (or I wouldn't have joined this thread!) but there have been so many other things going on in my life at the same time, that weight loss hasn't been my number one priority, despite how much I moan about it! image
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    good on ya Frodo. Its one thing getting it off, the other is keeping it off and getting used to the healthy life, decent training and minimal indulgences!image
  • Evening all,

Blimey where did everyone come from, hey Frodo no hiding at the back of the wagon I can still see you.

My weight has gone down since I stopped taking the pill about a month or so ago. *sorry Mr F close your ears*

I've been weighing in every Monday so as Frodo says let the weigh-ins commence.  Hovering above 9.5 stone, this morning I was 9st 8lb would love to be about 9st.

Ok lets start a list.

Prawnie - Start weight 9.8 target 9st

Can't remember the format we had before. image

• My weight has gone up 1 stone since my lowest, must be all the extra muscle now I do a "bit" more exercise.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭

Prawnie - Start weight 9.8 target 9st

Mr F - Start weight 13.5, target 12.5

just preparing a black eyed bean, tomato, pepper, red onion and tuna packed lunch for my dinner tonight. absolutely lovely and well worth a try! 

• Prawnie - Start weight 9.8 target 9st

Mr F - Start weight 13.5, target 12.5

GFB - start weight 13.7 target 12.0 (for the meantime)

• I'll be back in in a week or two - now marathon's done, I'll start watching the weight again.

See you all in a bit! image

• Just for clarification is the list st.lb or the equivlant in decima?

e.g. 13.5 is 13 and a half stone or 13 stone 5lb.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭

1 3and a half stone for me which I guess is 13st 7oz?

• I'm happy with st.lb - ITB image

A list:

Frodo - start weight 10.12 target 9.8    current weight    last week's loss
    GFB - start weight 13.7   target 12.0     current weight    last week's loss 
    Mr F - start weight 13.7   target 12.5     current weight    last week's loss
    Prawnie - start weight 9.8   target 9st   current weight   last week's loss

What do you think?

Edited to change Mr F from decimal to imperial weights image

• Ok...here goes.

Start weight 16 stone (or as near as dammit) I stopped weighing at 15.5

target weight 12 stone

Current weight 12.13 (ish)

Might have just ruined everything with a kitkat. image

• I'm a stones and pounds girl myself image

That's shaping up to be a fine list there Frodo image
  • Frodo - start weight 10.12         target 9.8     current weight     last week's loss
    GFB - start weight 13.7              target 12.0    current weight    last week's loss
    Mimaduck -start weight 12.13  target 12      current weight     last week's loss
    Mr F - start weight 13.7              target 12.5    current weight    last week's loss
    Prawnie - start weight 9.8         target 9st      current weight     last week's loss

• BB ✭✭✭
    mima a kitkat won't ruiin everything - a 2 mile run will get rid of that image

I have just done my dvd, first time on level 2 and it was bliddy hard!
  • Think tonight might run it off then with any luck. If I stay awake enough to run that is!
  • 3 mile run for me today...tried to pick up the pace as I actually have a race in plan now image
  • I shall be doing the same tonight gfb to stretch the legs out after the 10k on sunday...aiming for a nice long 7 miler on Saturday while my folks sleep in (they are staying with me this weekend)
  • My mileage will be in double figures this week *shock/horror* image for the first time in (umm...) probably a year *blush*
  • BB ✭✭✭
    I am just getting back to a programme too, an easy 5k on the treadie this evening, my long run is 7 this week too mima
  • Just added my details to list. With just 2 swims and 2 walks this week I need to put a bit more effort in.

When is the target date?

Frodo - start weight 10.12         target 9.8     current weight     last week's loss
    GFB - start weight 13.7              target 12.0    current weight    last week's loss
    Mimaduck -start weight 12.13  target 12      current weight     last week's loss
    Mr F - start weight 13.7              target 12.5    current weight    last week's loss
    Prawnie - start weight 9.8         target 9st      current weight     last week's loss
    ITB - start weight 13.13         target 12.10      current weight     last week's loss  

• Evening all,

4 miles run last night and 5 miles tonight, I'll rest now and probably do a very slow 3 miles on Friday and then that's in before VLM on Sunday.

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Evenin all. Just in from work and very proud of myself. Whilst all of my colleagues sat around me eating fresh fish and chips I was really good and ate my healthy tuna and salad meal. Got a bit of puss taking but probably saved myself about a million calories! Finally got some time to myself to go for a run tomorrow. There.are.some rather big cob webs to blow away so quite looking forward to it.

Well done all those getting the miles in, doesn't matter how minimal they appear it all counts and gets the metabolism going.

Nitey night!
  • In the spirit of honesty I've updated my stats...(I was gonna fib but who am I fooling!!) My weight stat was a guesstimation and I was out to say the least image I weighed this morning and below is the result.

Below updated and honest stats image

Frodo - start weight 10.12 target 9.8 current weight last week's loss
    GFB - start weight 13.11 target 12.0 current weight last week's loss
    Mimaduck -start weight 12.13 target 12 current weight last week's loss
    Mr F - start weight 13.7 target 12.5 current weight last week's loss
    Prawnie - start weight 9.8 target 9st current weight last week's loss
    ITB - start weight 13.13 target 12.10 current weight last week's loss
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all! Has it been a healthy day? I've been fairly good, only let down was a small piece of flapjack after a.spot of cooking with my daughter. I've also donated my 39th pint of blood! Several cups of green tea, a few ponds if water, cous cous with spring onion, pepper, tomato ans feta cheese for lunch and then its home made red lentil curry for dinner. They key is snacks for me, especially in the evening!
  • Evening all,

GFB it doesn't matter where you start we're all here to encourage each other and to give kicks up the butt whenever needed.  You'll be in the 12's in no time I'm sure.

Mr F well done on avoiding the fish and chips, good luck blowing those cobwebs away.

I'm going up to the expo tomorrow night to collect my marathon number image that music always gives me butterflies.  Only 4 more sleeps and looking at the weather forecast I may need my waterproofs on Sunday.

• Prawnie, are you signed up to a support group at Mudchute? I'm supporting with group 6 image
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Bye bye cob webs! 6m, off road, tempo run in shorts, loud music and hail storm. After an extended break from running I think I'm in love again!!
  • Well done Mr F, that's a fantastic start.

Frodo I'm in support group 5, look out for me wearing a bright orange t-shirt with FAB on the front. image

• Morning all...a wee 3 miler later image

My weigh in day is going to be Fridays...so a short week for this week.