Losing it with Nam and Bear

Comments

• BB ✭✭✭
    Morning image Some good running happening in here image
    We went to Bath yesterday, up at 5am and not back till about 7.30 pm just quite a bit of walking. Food wasn't great, so back to normal today, body pump here I come!
  • I had a good spicy curry last night, I think it may have contain vegetables but was too hot to notice them. 

After putting my weight down I got a bit of a kick start, so yesterday I just did 4 hours in the gym and then a 2 1/2 hour run image

• Weigh in day for me today lads and lassies image Down two pounds which I'm happy enough with considering it's only been since Monday and I had been on a major pig-out bender over the weekend before.

Frodo - start weight 10.12 target 9.8 current weight last week's loss
    GFB - start weight 13.11 target 12.0 current weight 13.9 last week's loss 2lb
    Mimaduck -start weight 12.13 target 12 current weight last week's loss
    Mr F - start weight 13.7 target 12.5 current weight last week's loss
    Prawnie - start weight 9.8 target 9st current weight last week's loss
    ITB - start weight 13.13 target 12.10 current weight last week's loss
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Well done on the loss gfb image
    I did body pump yesterday. Today is long run day cos I am in London Sunday and so won't do any exercise other than walking and jumping up and down supporting.
  • Well done gfb! I'm as I was before , 12.13...pah.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Well done gfb!

My weigh in will be Mondays. Another decent pace 6m this morning but on the road this time. Bright and sunny, what a contrast to 36hrs ago!

Sadly working all day sat and Sun so shan't get to watch the vlm. Anyone running?
  • BB ✭✭✭
    7.6 miles for my lsr yesterday, longest in ages image
    Just done my dvd workout this morning - very hard, but it's doing me good!
    I need t do a little 4 miler later and then day off tomorrow in that london image
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Well done B! Sounds like foot calorie burning sessions!

No running today as a long day at work. However, a healthy day with snacks as cherry toms and carrot sticks and I did well to resist the giant tin of Roses that appeared on my desk. Tonights dinner was roasted salmon with spinach, leek, garlic, lemon and olive oil.
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Mmmm dinner sounds delicious Mr f, well done for resisting the Roses, tough when they are on your desk!
    I did 4 miles this evening on the treadmill incl 2.5 miles fartlek type stuff. I don't like doing random fartlek so I did half a mile at progressively faster speeds instead with a warm up and cool down. I quite enjoyed it!

Have a great race Prawnie, hope to see you at Mudchute image
  • I only did 2 bits of exercise this weekend and done by 9:30am on Saturday!!

Did my first lake swim of the year, it was 1c on the drive to the lake. I managed 25 minutes in the lake but struggled to keep my face the water as it was soo cold. Then went of and did a parkrun which is now at a different location than at the lakeside. It was strange running on a disused golf course but was good cross country training due to the recent rain.

Still need to get out on my bike, it may happen this week.

I will weigh myself tonight, not sure how that will go.

• Hi ITB...what races are you doing this year? image
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Brrr sounds cold ITB

Lovely to see Prawnie at Mudchute yesterday, looking remarkably good for 17 miles in, well done image

So last week was a bit odd cos I had two days when I was away all day from really early and into the evening so no exercise. So my week looked like :
    M- Core stability class, body pump, 4 miles on treadie with intervals
    T - 6W6P, 3.11 miles easy
    W - trip to Bath!
    T - Body Pump
    F- 7.6 miles easy LSR
    S - 6W6P, 4 miles on treadmill (1mile easy/ 2.5 miles varied paces/ 0.5 mile easy)
    No weightloss.
  • Thanks for the support it was very much appreciated. Finished in 5 hours 22 mins, which is a new pb by 14 mins.
  • BB ✭✭✭
    woo hoo, well done image
  • GFB, at the moment just a local 10 mile running race and a few parkruns.

Oh nearly forgot the Long Course Triathlon Weekend, Outlaw and Ironman Wales image

3x Ironman distance events, can you imagine how much "recovery" food I will be eating.

More details at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ironman,  this has links to my blog and twitter account so you can see what training I am doing (or not) and any of my advanced cooking.

• Evening all.

Just weighed myself, and I'm 10 st 9. Not too bad, but up on Christmas, when I stopped trying to loose the weight & concentrated on the marathon instead. That's done and so target is back to 10 st. First task will be to cut out the snacks again...

Mind you, the wii thinks I'm 24, when I actually turned 40 this month, so I'll forgive it saying I'm a weighty heffalump.

• Down 2lb in the last 2 weeks image

When at the gym I saw parts of Bang goes the theory, just watched it on iPlayer. It was about nutrition and the effects of performance. I may even be tempted for scientific and performance reasons to try beetroot juice!!

Frodo - start weight 10.12 target 9.8 current weight last week's loss
    GFB - start weight 13.11 target 12.0 current weight 13.9 last week's loss 2lb
    Mimaduck -start weight 12.13 target 12 current weight last week's loss
    Mr F - start weight 13.7 target 12.5 current weight last week's loss
    Prawnie - start weight 9.8 target 9st current weight last week's loss
    ITB - start weight 13.13 target 12.10 current weight 13.11 last week's loss  2lb

• BB ✭✭✭
    Talking of nutrition, have you listened to Talk Ultra podcasts? Can be found on the same site as Marathontalk. Anyway, they have just done a special training podcast which dealt with nutrition for endurance athletes, it was really interesting. In summary less carbs and more fat/ protein to get the body to burn fat and not just the limited carb stores when training/racing. Good fats obv, not just cake and chips image The recommendation was 40% of cals from carbs, and 30% fat and 30% protein - worth a listen for the science stuff ...

5 mile easy run on the treadie for me this evening, will get outside tomorrow when hopefully the rain will stop for a bit!
  • Hope to get out at lunchtime for 3 miles.
  • I've pootled a bit too, a bit over 3.5 miles, but no watch - and no pressure. First post marathon run. I think everything remembered what to do by the time I'd finished.

Not too bad on the food front, todays snacks (which I need to eliminate) were 2 biscuits, a lump of cheese and the tail end of a bar of slightly icky chocolate. That looks like a lot of extras, but it's better than it has been recently. *slap wrists*

• I'm going good this week, food good and got a run done yesterday...sneaky peek at the scales indicates I've gained...*throws self off bridge*
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Mornin folks! Weigh in and I've lost 2lbs in just iver last week. Measures on the Wii so not sure how accurate!
    Ginger, its a funny thing weight loss eh! Don't be disheartened, could be water? Main thing is you are exercising and eating well. The metabolism will kick in I'm sure! Nights tonight and tomorrow so need to avoid coffee and biscuits ans try and stay on the green tea, water and some healthy snacks as opposed to crap from a garage at 4am when I'm starting to flag a bit!
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Well done on the loss Mr f
    Core stability class and 5 mile run for me yesterday. I have decided to do a few weeks of low HR running to build up my base fitness, realy enjoyed my run yesterday. I am also trying to eat kess carb and more protein/good fats ... see if that helps drop a bit of fat. I weighed thisorning and am down a bit ... but it doesn't count till weigh-in day image
  • Morning all - weighed in this morning and stayed the same as last week which I'm happy enough with as the scales definitely showed a gain mid week. Ah well!

Week two of HM training is going well - it's a 3 run a week schedule so it doesn't take up too much time...it suggests one more days of XT starting from next week so I'll have to think about that one. image
  • ...a wee incentive...just booked a wee break in Portugal for MrGFB and myself...we leave in 3 weeks today oh yay!! image
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Ooh exciting gfb image I am going to try to book a week in Exmoor tomorrow, found a really nice cottage tonight ...
    I did my long run today, 8 miles very very slowly ... I was really trying to keep a low HR so it was over a minute per mile slower than recent runs, but I am going to try to do low HR runs for a few weeks and hopefully they will naturally get faster for the same HR ... we'll see image
  • BB ✭✭✭
    So, last week's exercise:
    Mon - Core stability class, body pump, 5 mile run
    Tues - 6W6P
    Wed- Core stability class, 5 mile run
    Thurs - Body Pump
    Fri - 8 mile run
    Sat - Shred dvd, 5 mile run
    Sun - rest day except physio exercises which I am committed to doing every day now ..
    23 miles, most for ages, and I have lost 1.5 pounds image

I am planning more of the same this week ...
  • Total mileage of 11.8 for me last week! I assure you I'm happy with that as my total for probably the last year has been close to zero!! This week will peak at 13...building up slowly lol!
  • BB ✭✭✭
    That's what I have been doing gfb, building up really slowly, my weekly mileage has been: 9, 13.5, 15, 18.5, then 23 this week. I am finding that going really slowly to keep my HR low helps me runa bit more, I guess it's cos I am not pushing myself on my runs. It's sunny here today, may even get outside for one, most of my recent ones have been at the gym.