Losing it with Nam and Bear

Comments

• Well my weight is being an arse. Weighed last night, 13.1 image but weighed again this morning back to 12.13....think we'll call it a draw at 12.13. Bums. 8 miler tonight.
  • Down 2 pounds this week...13.7....slow and steady! 

• BB ✭✭✭
    well done gfb image

I did a 10 miler yesterday ... was supposed to be between 8 and 9 but I misjudged the route and was still 2 miles from home when 8miles ticked over! Glad I had a physio appointment booked today, my hip, thigh and knee on my right side were all really tight and niggly, feels better now.
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭

*waves*

I need a bit of an incentive to get back to my pre-Cake fitness routine. Being all loved-up has put the kibosh on my dreams of a Jessica Ennis style physique! So here I am (again...)

This week:

1.6 mile run - no knee niggles!
    1 hour in the gym

Next week will be better!

• I'm back too - lost three weeks while the Big Dog was poorly image 
    But now a new chapter begins image  

• Welcome back folks!! My run today (and subsequent 900 calories) are going to be null and void as we're heading out to our favourite Italian restaurant tonight. Will try and be good!!
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Last week:

Mon - core stability class, body pump

Tues - 5 mile run

Wed - Core stability class and 3.11mile run

Thurs - Body pump and 4 mile run

Fri- 10 mile run

Sat - rest and physio appt

Sun - shred and 4.15 mile run

Quite by chance my run total is 26.26 miles ... is someone trying to tell me something?!

Lost half a pound.
  • Stayed the same this last 2 weeks. Which is good due to the lack of training volume and eating a lot of home cooked food back at my parents.

• Good morning. Well done everyone on your recent weightlosses - I've just read back a  couple of pages. Please may I join you for a while? Got a bit lardy and need to Take Action. I weighted 10st 9lb this morning which is down a couple of pounds from the start of last week when I started dieting (sort of). I need to get down to around 9 st 10, but anything under 10 stone in the first instance will be good. I'm in my mid 40s and weight seems harder to move but I have also been letting myself eat and drink pretty much whatever I want while marathon training with the predictable result. I am resolving to be good, but am not quitting the booze and crisps entirely. There are limits. Will be doing some moderate exercise too but apart from running a bit I haven't decided what to go for. Any tips for what kind of exercise is good for fat loss? Not long runs it seems.

• BB ✭✭✭
    Hi sarah, welcome image
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Well I have had a bit of a quite week exercise-wise and not great food-wise. Not sure why, but I guess it's good to have a week off now and then ... Now on holiday in Exmoor, but planning on doing quite a lot of exercise so hopefully won't be weighing more by the time I get home. Exercise this last week:

Mon - Shred dvd

Tues - rest

Wed- Core stability class and 3.11 mile run

Thurs and Fri - nothing

Sat - 6 mile run

Sun - 11.4 mile run
  • I lost my training mojo at the start of the week, luckily I found it with interest this weekend. With just the 6 hours of training today. This included my good deed of the day doing a practice run of next weekends race with people from work who are just starting to run.

The only downside was I lost part of cadense sensor of my bike.

• I have had a good week for training and a good week for food, and a good week for alcohol up to Thurs, then a bad three/four days for booze since then image

36 miles run, 25 miles cycled image

• I thought Id lost a pound...turns out the scales were off. Bums. Still static on 12.13.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Saturday was rather sedentary - lots of driving, so not much moving! I did behave at an all you can eat 'world buffet' though, by devouring lots of fish. Which kind of worked against the carb-loading plan...

Sunday I did a sprint tri in an appalling time, but I'd had a comedy-fall the night before (not even alcohol induced!) so am just pleased I finished. 

Monday was drink lots of water and eat lots of veg day, and included about 3 miles of walking/limping.

Today I'll be swimming and trying not to eat too many chips image

• Up 1/2 lb this last two weeks, so yet another line in the sand to start from.

/ / / / /

Mainly due to the fact I have now entered Ironman Lanzarote which losing a few Kg's will help getting up the mountains on the bike.

• BB ✭✭✭
    woohoo IM Lanza is a great target to look forward to image

We were away in Exmoor last week which was great. Ran and walked quite a bit. Saw the physio Saturday and I need to run less and really focus on my stretches and exercises to get my right leg sorted. So I am doing more walking again and less running and more core/body pump - and the sun is out, yay!
  • Did a nice 100km cycle ride today in 33c heat. Although got 4 miles in and realised I had left my drinks bottles on the kitchen worktop, dohh!!

• Its been a bit quite on here receently.

Over the last 2 weeks I lost 2 1/2lb image

Over the weekend I did 4 Parkrun's with 2 today as a special jubliee runs, just set the 3 course pb's. Plus I even went out for a group cycle ride 64 miles, I was told it was a pub ride was not told it was at the top of the biggest hill in the county!!

• According to the scale (not the usual one) I'm up 3 pounds...despite having run the half, run a couple of times since and eaten well and healthy (having being staying with a nutritionist). Pants!

• Haven't been on for a while - couldn't find a way to log in on the website! Anyway. I got massively depressed that after two weeks of being quite strict I had lost nothing. Since then, finally, it's started to come off but very slowly. Last weight was 10 stone 6, which is down 4 pounds on my starting weight but it has taken me five weeks to get there. I'm more into the groove of eating less now. Haven't manage to kick my daily glass of wine though. Hope you are all doing better.

• Hell all - it is quiet in here isn't it...main reason for me was my bloody weight wasn't moving (well it was - up and down, up and down)

I've now made some major changes to my diet - added in more things like berries, low fat yogs, egg noodles and less fat and now things are going again.

I had gone up to 13:12 but am now down to 13:7 - my training is going well - training for a HM in August - so this is week 9 of a 17 week schedule - most consistant I've been in training in years.

I'll make a commitment to update more regularly.

• Well done GFB on weight loss and on your training. I like the sound of egg noodles. I've really enjoyed using pearl barley in the last couple of weeks - a veg soup with pearl barley in is filling and yummy and pretty low calorie. I'm not running very much at the moment. I've been running fairly consistently for the last 6 years and now I'm not feeling the love. Maybe I should sign up for a half or something jsut to keep motivated.

• I need to Ironman up a bit, did not go to the south wales event this weekend and only done enough training for half ironman. A slight problem is it is only 3 weeks away from an Ironman!!

• Up 1/2 lb this 2 weeks which is good compared to the lack of training.

Less than 2 weeks to an Ironman distance triathlon which I have only done up to half distance in training. On the plus side I am 3.2kg (8lb) lighter than when I did it last year and I have more muscle.

• Ummm - break a leg? If that's the expression. Good luck ITB. Is that Outlaw? It's quite near me so if I can make it I might come and cheer. I'm down another pound and three quarters this week - no running at all, though some other activity. I'm definitely able to eat less when I'm not taking much exercise so maybe this is the way to go for me, and then gradually build in more exercise as I get to the weight I want to be (still at least 9 pounds to go).

GFB - how's your running going? Which HM are you doing?

• Hi guys...I'm up a bit, down a bit, up a bit, down a bit at the minute which is really frustrating image

However running is going well - up to 9 miles LSR (tomorrow) and I've already done about 3 8's with midweek runs averaging around 4-6.

I'd be happier if the weight would come off though. image

Well done on the weight losses.