Losing it with Nam and Bear

Comments

• Yes it is the Outlaw. I have been following the pirate training plan so far only done 1 lake swim (20 minutes), longest cycle 64 miles and about 13 miles run (not on same day), plus I am planning to use new kit and race nutrition. So nothing will go wrong with that.

It will be an interesting day just waiting now for England to make it to the final which is on the same day.

• ITB. Sounds like great training. I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong. As I understand it, it's all about a positive mental attitude, anyway. Training, fitness, etc are just icing on the cake.

I don't think you need to worry about England making the final. I hope that isn't treason.

• I had some nice cakes with icing yesterday, I did do 3 sprint brick sessions (cycle and run). The mayor openned a local 300m track (path around village hall) yesterday, which I was going to jog round with my local club then some people decided to go a bit faster, foolish. At that point I hit the ITB Turbo boost button (reference to Knight Rider) and beat them all round. They did 1 mile but I was in the zone and did 2 miles and I did not have anything from the BBQ either.

PMA, it is all about the post race chips image I have not had any chips for a month or two now.

It would be better if Italy bet us, as would have to cheer on germany in the next game and that is just wrong!!

• Evening all,

Long time not speak, hope everyone is ok and the weight loss is going well.

ITB it must be the lack of chips etc, good luck with the IM though.  I'm sure you will be fine.

I've just completed the North Downs 30k Run, yesterday.  It was very wet and muddy but surprisingly a good race, not cleaned my shoes yet though. Should really do that tonight and get them out of the bag, stop then festering.

• Nice runnign Prawnie.

Just weighed myself for this week - one pound heavier despite starvation rations. Big wobbly bottoms.

Good luck ITB!

• Had a works event today off site, suitable carb/cake loading was done image

The only time taget I have for the race is to improve my swim time, and take a few minutes of T1 and T2. So I am not putting myself under any big pressure, I am trying some new kit and nutirtion on race day, just to see if I can make some improvements from my normal race day plans. Although I have to beat my younger brother.

•  

Its quite on here. I forgot to send a race report after this race, must be due to the post race cold.

On Sunday I completed the Outlaw Long Distance Triathlon in Nottingham. The swim started with a nice 3/4 mile of being hit and kicked but I kept my technique and ended up with a 3 minute swim pb for long distance triathlon.

The cycle was windy in places and with a replacing the location of the last 2 loops to the south of the course which was meant to be flatter, at least it took the 12% incline out of these loops. It may be due I went off a lot faster in the fast 40 miles of the cycle I struggled in the last 50 miles but then it started to rain a couple of times.

The run is a loop around the lake and out and back along a footpath to the city centre which you do 3 times and a loop of the lake to start of. So you see other competitors going the other direction and on different laps plus the main spectator points. I was going well until 16 miles then I hit the wall and had to walk the next 8 miles or so. With a few miles to go I worked out I could get under the next hour point if I run/walked in 200m sections which I made it around.

My time was 14:57 this was 30 minutes quicker than last year and only 30 minutes away from my pb. Considering I only did 2 lake swims with the longest being 1.5km 5 days before the race and my longest cycle was the 66 miles we did to the pub and I have ran 13 miles a few times, so my time was a pleasant surprise. Perhaps the cross training helped or being 1/2 stone lighter than last year.

I will do full report on my blog later if I can get some photos as well.

• BB ✭✭✭

Brilliant ITB, well done image

I haven't been in here much cos I wasn't really exercising much for a few weeks. However, things are getting back to normal and I am building up gently.

Mon: 2.25 mile run
    Tues: Shred level 1 + run 2.25 miles
    Wed: pilates 50 mins
    Fri: Run 3.11 miles + pilates 55 mins + 5 mile walk (I do quite a bit of walking most days, but this was a brisk training walk as I can't run much atm)
    Sun: 2.35 mile run + shred level 1

Quite pleased with that as a start back. I am enjoying pilates which I haven't done before, but tomorrow back to core stability class on the swiss ball and willget back to body pump later in the week too.

• Back in serious training last weekend and completed my 99th parkrun.

I went home to do the run coincidently there is an ice cream shop only a few meters away from the finish, so I had to have a 99 ice cream. image

• Did anybody else see the Horizon programe last night, it was quite interesting. Not sure how well it would work with doing any training. I have seen mentioned alternate days by + then - about 500 calories.

• I didn't see it ITB but I've read up on the JUDDD diet (Johnson Up Day Down Day) - and it seems to work really well.

I've bitten the bullet - my sister and I are joining Slimming World on Monday - I'll post my results here....need to get my arse in gear!!

• GFB, my mum is on SW and with some ITB training support she has been slimmer of the week for two consecutiver weeks.

I need to get my arse in gear for weight loss and training, as at the moment I seem to be watching a lot of the Olympics on tv and very little training.

• BB ✭✭✭
    I have been watching much more tv than usual with the Olympics on and doing less exercise! I am sure we will all be inspired once it finishes! Good luck with SW gfb, it will good to have someone to do it with, that always helps. I could do with someone to run with or a club to get me motivated ...
  • Morning all - today's the day - operation lose the belly starts today (well I join SW this evening so there's no point in starving before my first weigh in is there image )

We had an amazing weekend in a very nice, posh hotel and the food was first class - I mean incredible!!  So a line is to be drawn and a new start...

There we go !  image

• BB ✭✭✭
    The Olympics gave me a virus! Well, I think I got it after our trip to the stadium, probably all those people on the tube or something ... anyway the Olympics were amazing! I am resting up at the moment, though not fancying eating much, so I must be ill!! I am planning to go to pilates tomorrow as that doesn't take much effort. It's a bit of a nuisance as I had been really getting back into training, but hopefully will be running before te end of the week.

How was SW gfb?
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Hi guys!  Remember me?

After a very stressful and unsettled year I feel that the time has come to get myself sorted out.  That means getting properly and getting back into exercise.

I started off yesterday with a 2k run.  Nothing amazing, but its the first run I have done in 3 months and I wanted to take it easy.  I intend to get down the gym later but I'm waiting for it to cool down a bit first.  I will then attempt to haul my sorry arse onto the scales and see exactly what the damage is.

Food diary starts again tomorrow.

• BB ✭✭✭
    *waves to Caz* welcome back, I hope you are settling in to your new home and job, well done for getting back running image
  • Morning all,

Long time for me too.  Still running and doing my personal training sessions.  I also need to get my arse in gear.  Still in the 9's but would rather like to get under 9 and a half.  Currently 9st 10.  My next two targets for this year are to run a 10k in under 60 mins, current pb is 62 mins, and also learn to swim front crawl properly without thinking I can't breath and am going to drown.

SC, good to see you back.  Hope the new job/home are going well.

• Afternoon all  image

SW was interesting B - I do know the diet and I do think it's healthy - thing is I know what I have to do to lose the belly and most of it has to do with drinking less wine image

(which I've started) - I'm mainly going for my sister who has gained alot of weight since my mum had her illness (for those who don't know - most probably do mum had a haemorragic stroke about 3 months ago) my sister lives at home and has taken up some of the work at home (cleaning etc) but she says that she has been comfort eating.

I have about 3 stones to lose but my sister has probably a good 7 stone to lose...I really want to support her and make her live longer (she's a year older than me but is on blood pressure medication and I don't want to see her go the way of mum image )

So I'm going to up my exercise and watch what I eat really carefully.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

*waves to everyone*

I popped in a while back with the aim of toning up a bit pre-wedding. Well, that didn't really happen, but I've been inspired by the 'lympics (Jess Ennis and her amazing abs!) to get back to some proper training.

Yesterday was 35 minutes on the cross-trainer, 30 minutes of weights/mat work, and a 3.5 mile run. Oh, and 100m in the pool. There was only one lane open and it was packed with kids doing hand-stands and people veeeerry slooooowly breast-stroking, so I got out in a huff  image

Anyway, hello! image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I'm not doing very wwell on the exercise at the moment, but I have just logged my food and have 250 cals left for more dinner.  Now what to have...

• BB ✭✭✭
    It will be great to support your sister gfb, I am sure she will appreciate it.

I am still under the weather so not exercising, I hope pilates tomorrow may be ok, otherwise it is just gentle walking at the moment, bah!

Good to see Prawnie back! *waves to everyone*
  • Morning all,

Well done on logging your food SC, it's a start.  I'm sure you'll get back into exercise soon.

Good luck with SW GFB, hubby did that for a while and found it good.  Alcohol is empty calories so that will help too.  Hard to do I know.

Hi Sarah, Jess Ennis does have fantastic abs. Mind you the have less than 10% body fat on them so they're bound to have fantastic abs. 

That's the reason I don't go swimming much anymore, fed up of kids getting in the way.  Pools don't seem to like putting lanes in for general swimmers.  It's really annoying.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Missed you Prawnie.  It's been ages since we talked image

No exercise again beccause I have been sorting out the TV licence, water, gym and some of the more unusual people I need to change addresses with.  But I am within calories again today with about 250 left for dinner.  Unfortunatly I am starving so I think I will be eting more than 250 cals for dinner

• Hey SC, yeah it has been ages.

I'm glad things are progressing for you and will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out.

As you say other things are taking a priority at the moment but I'm sure you'll get back into exercise again soon.

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I was very good yesterday.  I knew that I was going out for dinner with Bear so I was very careful about what I ate during the day.  I chose caesar salad and stayed on soft drinks for the evening and managed to come in nearly 400 cals under quota for the day.  I'm really pleased with that, and it means that I can eat a bit more today.

Still no exercise though.

• BB ✭✭✭
    Sounds good Caz

I am meeting friends fir a walkon the Downs this morning. Still not got rid of this virus so haven't done any proper exercise and my weight is gong up! image
  • hello you lot!! I've bee a bit rubbish checking in recently! However, I am now down to 12st 7lbs as of this morning! Big grin!