Nike Milton Keynes Half-Marathon

Comments

• results are up monday i think
  • I must say I was quite disappointed not to get a doggy bag tho ...
  • I was disappointed did not get a doggy bag either...although did get annoyed with some of the cars all over the place when we were running....u would have thought they would have closed the roads off. Anyway my watch clocked me at 1hr 55 mins which was amazing as my first ever half marathon....roll on London in about 6 weeks....although the thought of doing that twice over is a little scary.

Well done to everyone who completed the course today!

• I think that was a bit stingy too, a banana, mars bar and an oaty biscuit would have made the trek back to the car an altogether more enjoyable experience...

(not necessarily in that order)

• and a box of Milk Tray
  • Did anyone else find a load of cars trying having to wait for us to pass before leaving somewhere just after Willen lake?  I thought it was a church, but judging by the effing and blinding coming from the drivers who had to wait for us to pass, I'm hoping I'm wrong, otherwise the good will to all men didn't last 5 minutes beyond the last amen! image

• Didn't notice that Hash...

Kept a look out for you today by the way but didn't see you either so doesn't say musch for my powers of observation....image

• Darling Lambeau ( my big brother!)

Thanks for vote of confidence for London and special thanks for great tea last night....note to self, double cheesy mash pre London!

Chuffed with 2;06 but more chuffed for you smashing your pb by 25 mins!!! In awe!

Loved the race; hated the wind, however, probably not as much as the poor guy who finished as the finish gantry blew over...!!! Limbo at 13.1!!

By the way, Dave, Karen did 1;56 at Reading. A pb but she doesn't think good enough for a sub 4 at Prague so is a bit down.

Right, better go and be nice to my husbahd who's birthday it is today and i went to a race instead..........

• I have inside information that things are starting to happen on the results page...   

• Hello - first post here but I took part in this race this morning, my 3rd half marathon, but very easily a pb - I came home I think in 1:32 something. 

First 8 miles were fantastic, the next two I managed to get through but I had nothing left for the last three, which were pretty painful all round - that'll teach me to do too much fast and not enough long in training.

I was surprised to get away so cleanly at the start - the wide roads seemed to work very well, and it was all well-marshalled.  Agree that a goody bag at the end, even for only a drink + an energy bar would have been very welcome.  I'm still in 'never again' mode but I'm sure I'll feel differently in the morning.

Is there any news on where the results will be published? 

Thanks - and has been very interesting reading about your own experiences in the race today.

Cheers

Ric 

• Hopefully here: MK Half Results

Should be available soon.

• Are we also going to have 'proper' results so we can see everyone's results, not just our own?
  • Some peoples results are on there. Can't find mine yet though, any one got theirs?
  • DarkmanDarkman ✭✭✭
    Not got mine yet, the results should be up quickly being as its chip timing there should be no excuses for them taking such a long time.  The results would be quick to publish so they probably have a problem if its taking this long, I will be interested in my split times just to see what times I reached the 10 and 20k mats. 
  • Not got mine yet either... guess they're saving the fast till last.as usual image..
  • Well done everyone.  I had a good day.  Much preferred the first half of the course and not just cos I wasn't tired.  Thought most of the traffic was pretty patient compared some I've come across in other races and very few can justify or afford to close roads completely.  Thought organisation was pretty good and the marshals were great.   Pace boards in start area might have helped people line up in right place.

Spotted Hashette early on and managed to catch up and say hello before dropping back to a more comfortable pace.  Early pace was a bit quicker than planned but managed to steady after a couple of miles and maintained fairly even pace till about mile 10 when tried to push on a bit.  Not sure why but slowed considerably over mile 12 before picking back up for the last mile.  Finish line commentator, (was that Mick?) identified me both by my real name and forum name.

#1442 Darkman - 1:29 - on Garmin 1:29:38 was near the front at the start so should be accurate
    #97 Hashette - 1:58 - no fecking idea, hit stop instead of lap at mile 1, then forgot to hit stop at the endimage
    #1135 Tim of MK - 1:48
    #1113 Troglodytes - 2:10 - on Garmin 2:11:15 (13.39miles)
    #2178 Wine Man - 1:50:00 - 1:55:40 on my watch
    #856 Icemaiden - 2:15:00 - unofficially 2:16:57, but still a PB image knickers to that wind though.
    #531 Scrabble - 1:39:59
    #43 Melds - 2.15 ... ish! 
    #1423 Aviator - 1:42 something (+ 1 1/2 hours, stood up by Melds at the hoarding)

Can't access the results page at all for some reason.  Will try again tomorrow.

• Results website "doesn't recognise my name". Hope its going to work eventually as all those mats at the check points were buzzing like electricity sub stations. I've got my pace on my Garmin but being an anorak its always good to compare!

Legs sore this morning plus think I ran with too much of a cold (my excuse anyway). Now only 365 days to the next one.............

• Tim of MKTim of MK ✭✭✭

Yeah, the mats were indeed buzzing away.

My quads are moaning a bit this morning and I've one small blister.  Otherwise fine.

Now only 6 days to the next one.

• DarkmanDarkman ✭✭✭

The one reassuring thing was if you crossed the mats on your own you could tell they were working and recording you.  Its unusual for them to have mats in the middle of a race, its usually one at the start and one at finish, the only exception i know about is the FLM.

Not that I'm saying anything ................. but does make you wonder if they caught or thought someone was cheating last year and taking a shortcut.  It could be possible if you had local knowledge, although 99.9% of runners would do the distance else its lying to yourself unless you was pot hunting then anything is possible I suppose.  Food for thought.

• DarkmanDarkman ✭✭✭
    Just had another thought, if one of the mats was faulty, does that mean they think everyone cheated and we've ALL been disqualified image might explain why the results arn't there .... there arn't any lol.
  • Tim of MKTim of MK ✭✭✭

I think that it was just Nike wanting the opportunity to showcase their technology  (ie the shoes that send training data to your Ipod).    Nothing more sinister.

• According to the website, results won`t appear untill 12th March.............. 
  • Tim of MKTim of MK ✭✭✭

Greg

That's almost certainly a reference to the 2007 results,  given that the race was on 11th march. 

• Hi All

Did the run yesterday and really enjoyed it, legs still a bit achey today think I got a PB garming said 1.45.55 but finish clock said 1.47 ? any news on the results?

well done to all finishersimage

• I'm very sorry the results aren't up yet in a standard format. I had asked for full results to be sent to me last night, but they haven't arrived yet. I'll put them up on the mkac website as soon as I can.

MickBrom

• I just emailed them and got this response - so keep waiting....

Hi Been a cock-up with this flashy new system we’ve been asked to use – think it’s a problem with the sponsor’s web companyGoing back to old fashioned method of just showing the results! Give me an hour and we’ll sort it out – thanks!
  • Tim of MKTim of MK ✭✭✭

Mick

Many thanks for everything yesterday.   This is now by far and away the best half-marathon in the area.   Next year though,  you need to ensure a wind-free day.

Tim

• Results are now up on the mkac website - see http://mcs.open.ac.uk/mkac/08mkhalf.htm

I will do more detailed sets of results by category, by club etc, this evening.

MickBrom

• Well, I'm a happy banana this morning!

#1442 Darkman - 1:29 - on Garmin 1:29:38 was near the front at the start so should be accurate
    #97 Hashette - 1:58 - no fecking idea, hit stop instead of lap at mile 1, then forgot to hit stop at the endimage
    #1135 Tim of MK - 1:48
    #1113 Troglodytes - 2:10 - on Garmin 2:11:15 (13.39miles)
    #2178 Wine Man - 1:50:00 - 1:55:40 on my watch
    #856 Icemaiden - 2:15:00 - unofficially 2:16:57, but still a PB image knickers to that wind though.
    #531 Scrabble - 1:39:59 - 1:38:50 on Garmin and 1:39:50 on clock so pretty sure I finally went sub 1:40!!
    #43 Melds - 2.15 ... ish! 
    #1423 Aviator - 1:42 something (+ 1 1/2 hours, stood up by Melds at the hoarding)

Well done all!