It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I am looking for advice re transporting my bike by car - can anyone sling me some ideas please? Requirements as follows:
- car is a Skoda Fabia Estate with 2 "running rails" (??) along the edges of the roof
- access via tailgate during transport not essential
- need to transport 2 (mountain or road) bikes including a lot of motorway driving
- no space in back for odd wheels etc as a) will be 2 dogs and luggage in there b) I'd never get the wheel back on again!
- reasonably priced
- must be easy to fit and not too technical to get the bikes on and off as I am absolutely useless at anything like that
My main worry is that I will not put it or the bikes on properly and they'll come flying off at speed and cause an accident hence the paranoia re being simple but secure / strong
I need to pick something up in the next few weeks so would appreciate any input anyone can give me
It has already been suggested simply going to Halfords and playing dumb (not difficult here!) but if I do so I like to have sneaky secret knowledge so I don't get taken for a ride