Options

Need a watch

My running watch has sadly died. Well, the watch hasn't, but the strap has, and Nike won't replace it, because apparently they don't make them any more, but seeing as I've only had the watch 2 years I find that fairly poor. I suppose watches are disposable items nowadays. I doubt I'll be able to replace the strap elsewhere because the watch is a funny shape, and it'll cost me £25 or so anyway.

So basically I need a watch. Which isn't Nike, seeing as I see their failure to offer me anything on my guarentee as an attempt to get me to buy another of their watches, which I refuse to do. I'd like one that is able to program sessions into (you know, which countsdown the interval time and then bleeps at you), which my old one didn't do, but which is a function I feel would be increasingly helpful. However, I don't have a small fortune amassed and don't want it to cost the earth. The other issue is that I have small wrists, and most of the watches that seem to do what I want look huge.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a narrow, ladies's watch which will allow me to put sessions in??

And also doesn't have the same stop and reset button - I always manage to wipe my sessions when they do that - especially annoying if you're doing an hour's run and you stop it every time a dog attacks you, and every time you lose how far you've got to.

Comments