Steyning Stinger Marathon

Comments

• TMW, I hope they had a pretty pattern on them image

OBL, ROFLMAO! That reminds me of the photo in the London Marathon news a couple of years ago which showed a Kenyan whose skimpy shorts were not quite long enough to cover his appendage!!!

• appendage?!!

c'mon Red, we're supposed to be adults on here. Call it how it is!  

"which showed a Kenyan whose skimpy shorts were not quite long enough to cover his winky!!!"

• I'd love to comment but I am just sat here giggling to myself like a schoolgirl.

It's Too Much Water's fault - he started it. Redhead and I are just along for the ride!!!

• I had a good run at Draycote yesterday - I can't wait for this one now! Hope everyone's ok, 2 weeks will pass quickly and before we know it we will be munching on that delicious breakfast after the run.
  • OBL, you can't say things like Redhead and I are just along for the ride!!! with Snoops around!!!!!!!

Congrats on Draycote. 'Twas a fab day for it.
  • Whoops, sorry Redhead, I don't know snoops. I will wash my mouth out with soap and watch what I say in future. You'd best point Snoops out to me at Steyning so I don't get myself into trouble image

Catch you later............

• Sounds like you're going to have an enjoyable day out at the Stinger, Red! image
  • wassat then?

..do you know something about Red I don't then?  (she's not a closet drinker, is she?) 

• Stop it Snoop Dogg. Sounds like you are being mischievious. Gosh that's a big word, I wonder how you spell it!

As far as I know Redhead is a very respectable, kind, decent lady and I am sure she isn't a closet drinker or closet anything else for that matter. I'm not a closet anything either - I have all my fun out in the open - even when I am running - just ask my husband!

Be good, but if you can't be good, be careful.

See you on them there hills!

• Dear all,

Am contemplating this (Yes I know entries close Friday!). Has anyone done the Meon Valley plod-if so how much harder is this as I was ***** after the MVP and certainly couldn't have managed another 6 miles!

Christina 

• "I have all my fun out in the open - even when I am running - just ask my husband!"

What a confession! On a public forum too! (careful what you say on here as the moderater will ban the thread if much more of this comes out.)

and Christina - give it a go! You knows you wanna!

• Snoopy , behave yourself you naughty boy.

OMG One Blue Leg you are just digging a hole for yourself! Thank you for defending my honour though.

For the record, this kitten most certainly does not drink out of toilets image

Christina, I think there are more hills on the Stinger but from what I've heard the Plod was hard this year 'cos of the slippery conditions. Come and join us. If you're not cream-crackered at the end of it then it wasn't worth doing anyway image
  • Panic over and many thanks for the offers of assistance...I have arranged transport (and changed my entry from the half to the full...well it seemed a shame not to). See you all a week Sunday.

Cheers - HLS

• Think I am going to give this a go too. YAY!

How many entered last year?
  • Race entry is full!!!! Just had my entry form and cheque returned!!  I was really looking forward to it as well......never mind there's always next year.
  • Hilly lane strider and Brighton road runner - good to hear you will be joining us.

Butterball - sorry you didn't get in. This one filled up last year too. Enter early next year.

Apart from that I am not chatting, 'cos I get into trouble when I talk!

To Redhead image

To Snoop Dogg image

x

• Surely they can squeeze a few more in? Why didnt thet say it was full on the website? I have payed for transport and accomodation. Blood boiling.
  • They filled up last year too but everyone who entered certainly didn't start on the day!

HLS, well done you!

Commiserations to those of you who didn't get in.
  • Sorry Brighton RR, I didn't switch my brain on before I started reading the posts. I feel for you - perhaps you could plead your case having already committed yourself and spent money. The worst they can say is no.
  • BRR, try emailing Cherry Neate,(race secretary?) I think she posted on the previous page.
  •  Sorry everyone but the event really is full.  I am sending over 50 entries back today.  I am a bit overwhelmed by how popular our event is turning out to be - especially after last year's hideous weather.  That said anyone who was there last year will understand why we limit the entries.  We feel that we can cope safely with the numbers we have and that it would be foolish to have more runners out there if the conditions turn nasty.  Does that make sense? 

Sorry again to those who have been disappointed.

• Cherry, thank you for posting and yes indeed we can understand why you have to restrict numbers. Last year's weather was truly dreadful and the marshalls and support team did a marvellous job of taking care of us.

I'm sure those people who weren't successful this year will get their entries in early next year.

Btw, what time does registration open please? As you know, I am a slow runner and would like to start as early as possible. Many thanks.
  • Dear Redhead

You should have received your registration docs with info about registration but you can register from about 7.15am ( I may be a bit bleary eyed)  with starts from about 8.00am if you are doing the marathon .Unless you are really slow try not to go too early as the checkpoint staff may not be in place when you get there. 

here's hoping for a glorious day!!!

• Thanks Cherry, I did look at the reg docs but must have missed it. I think I started at 8am last year and it was nice to see the faster runners going past.
  • Is time to start speculating (informed or otherwise) as to Sunday's weather and the conditions underfoot?

What's it going to be like?

Cheers - HLS

• image I'm not going to be able to do this now, hobbling around on crutches with a stress fracture in my shin. I was entered the marathon, maybe somebody can take my place? BRR?
  • That's bad luck Douglas. All the best for your recovery.

I'm aiming to start this at 9.30 (ish) but doing the half Stinger, so as to get back in time for the local pubs to reward me with some Harveys Best. 

• Snoopy, hope I see you and Tiger before I start but if not then good luck and enjoy the course. I wish the Windmill marathon would come back as I really enjoyed that 15 miler we did and would love to do the full marathon.

Douglas, poor you. Hope it mends quickly.

HLS, goodness knows what the weather will be like but it's gone blooming cold over here in East Sussex and they are forecasting severe gales and rain fro tonight/tomorrow. Fantastic!
  • Thanks Red - I am sure well see you at some point.

What's happened to the Windmill?! I'd love to do that one again!

• Thanks for the offer Douglas but I have arranged something else for this weekend now.