Steyning Stinger Marathon

13»

Comments

• Douglas - sorry to hear you cannot run this now.

The BBC weather website has changed it's forecast to funny smells, no, sorry, that's sunny spells and 11 degrees, and the wind has dropped too. Of course, there may be the odd funny smell anyway!

We will be leaving here mid afternoon today, so see you tomorrow. Have a good run everyone.

OBL  x

• We will be leaving the Leys in about an hour  and will be staying over-night in Steyning.

The sun is shining and the breeze seems to be dying down so it's looking good weather wise. Have a good run folks. see you at the start.

• Good luck everyone . Remember to stay for the cooked breakfast afterwards image
  • What a great race .Thankyou to all those friendly marshalls . Such a lovely laid back event .Really enjoyed my day , those relentlless hills though !! great breakfast and memento too .hope everyone else had a good experience and is back home safely.
  • Well I certainly did have a good experience . I have not experianced pain like that for a long time.

so is that what it feels like to be stung ( 4 times!!)  Forgive me if this sounds crazy but I quite enjoyed it- except that down-hill  after 23 miles.  My oh my that was painful!

I thought the waitress service for the  breakfast afterwards  was a nice touch. Overall I thought it was a cracking race to conquer.

Tired ... must stop.... now..

• What a super run that was!

Just love these South Downs races (Stinger/Windmill/Beachy/Trailwalker) etc.

Very well organised and a big thank you to all of the race officials for their perseverence and patience on what is a long old day for them.

Will be back again to sample some more of this.

• Great course, fantastic organisation and beautiful weather; what more could you ask for? Well I got to meet Redhead (albeit briefly) and managed a marathon pb (but then I've only hilly off road ones); so I am a very happy chap...just waiting forthe results now.

Congratulations and a big thank yu to all those involved in making this happen; you should be very proudof yourselves - HLS

• Results are up...3.41.01 and seventh...I've never been seventh before!!!

Cheers - HLS

• What an awesome run!  I really enjoyed that, beautiful scenery and a lovely sunny day. image

Could have run faster, but hey it would have been rude to ignore all those choccy biscuits and mars bars at the checkpoints!  Breakfast afterwards too, we were very well looked after.  Thank you very much to the organisers and the marshalls!  Nice to get an engraved shot glass at the end instead of the usual t-shirt or medal.

I'd definitely do this one again. image

• Hi everyone - lovely weather ! The photos are now online at www.antbliss.com enjoy !
  • Hello everyone. What a fantastic day that was. I knocked 51 minutes off last years' time. Partly, no doubt because of the weather, partly because I ran in good company and partly because I just felt sooooo good.

Nice to see you again Redhead. I don't know any other forumites from this thread, so sorry I missed you. Huge thanks to the organisers for a great event.

Looking forward to next year.....

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Fab day wasn't it?!

Could have done with less wind but then I suppose it wouldn't have been as much of a challenge. I took 57 minutes off my time last year so am very happy. Amazingly I wasn't last either.

Lovely to see OBL again - I think you passed me at almost exactly the same spot as last year. No doubt I'll se you again somewhere this year (are you doing the Three Forts?)

Hilly, well done you! It was nice to put a face to a name.

Waccy racer, thanks for stopping to say hello.

I didn't stick around for the brekkie afterwards as I finished quite late and hubby was preparing a special meal for me last night and I didn't want to spoil it.

See you all next year image
  • Hi Redhead

Congratulations on a good run. I could tell you were going well when I saw you. I saw you come in to the school afterwards then never got a chance to speak to you. When you say you could have done with less wind, I take it you meant weatherwise?!?

I am thinking about the 3 Forts, but it would make 3 marathons in 3 weeks, so I haven't decided yet. I take it you are doing it then?

I am doing the South Downs marathon again (14th June).  Are you doing that one again too?

Steyning Stinger is a brilliant event.

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Hi OBL,

Tee hee re the wind - I am a veggie after all!

Yes, I am doing the 3 Forts. I wanted to do it last year but it coincided with a double 20 training run for the Kent 50 and I didn't want to jeopardise my chances. Not doing any summer marathons this year but will be at Beachy Head again and the new Hastings mara in December. Take care and I hope to see you soon. Oh and I'll be at FLM knitting again, in case you're doing that.