Options

Poole 10K Online entry now open

2»

Comments

• Options
    There's quite  a few of the more competitve Poole Runners missing from the list. My guess is that the club will have held a few entries back for their own runners (quite justifiably IMHO as they are organising it and it's a DRRL event).
  • Options
    goldbeetlegoldbeetle ✭✭✭

All the poole runners are in Williard incuded we also have some top runners from the Midlands coming down all around the 30 minute mark

The final-final entarnts list will be up mid next week

cheers www.poolerunners.com

• Options

help! advice please! it's my first poole 10k and my training hasn't been quite what it should.

I did the great south run last october but due to an injury haven't trained much this year. My last run on tuesday was 40 mins/just under 4 miles and it was starting to get a little tough at the end. Should I forget about doing the race on Sunday or just battle through?

• Options
    goldbeetlegoldbeetle ✭✭✭
    I would battle through you can always walk for a bit and there is plenty of support on the way round to help you along
  • Options

ZoomZoom - I'm in the same situation as you, my training has been, well...non existant since just before Xmas (Yes, Beer and Food got me!)

Just work out your race pace and stick to it, either than or toddle round, enjoy the day and dont worry too much about getting a PB etc.

I've done the Poole 10km twice now, both times ithas attracted a good array of runners.

Best of luck! image

• Options
    oh yay thank you guys, that's made me feel soooo much better.
  • Options

A really well organised event by Poole Runners.  I've done many of the best 10ks in the North of England and the whole set up here at least equals, if not surpasses them.  Flat course, well marshalled, good parking facilities, free showers, adequate toilets, good entertainment if you want to bring your family and don't forget the beer tent.  And an hilarious prize ceremony presenter (well maybe not the last one... in his own mind anyway)image

Would highly recommend this and would like to see it biannually, with the other fixture maybe November or February...

• Options
    goldbeetlegoldbeetle ✭✭✭

Thanks to all who took part it was our most succesful year my first year as race director

The  RESULTS 

I dont know about bi-anually it takes nearly a whole year to set this one up   image

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭

I know Barnsley is a tuff norferner but Poole 10k, lovely though it is, is not flat. I'm sure there's a bridge at the beginning of the lap and that incline at about 3k.

Another great event, goldbeetle. It seemed slightly more congested to me this year than usual. I don't know why. You obviously put a lot of effort into trying to get a goody bag together. Personally, I'm happy enough with the t-shirt and a drink or two at the end. Those fruit pastilles/gums looked interesting but I couldn't tell if they were vegetarian due to there not being a word of English on them!

One of my favourite races.

• Options

Here Here!

Very well done to everyone involved in the race, excellent event - Well organised, top smiley marshalls (I even managed to wave and smile back a few times!), well signed, parking, refreshments, entertainment...and so it goes on!!

Agree with Womble re the oriental pastille things, bit random really but hey, my kids finished them off in a few minutes so whos to complain!?

Top value really with a resonable goody bag, t-shirt, drinks etc. Really enjoyed it, I've got the achy calfs to prove it too! image)

WELL DONE & THANKS!

PS: Any chance of chip timing next year? That'd be great, especially considering the minor hold up at the start

PPS: There was a guy taking photos onthe course, stuck in the middle of the path. Was he official? If so, any idea where the photos are?

• Options
    Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭

I saw the guy in the middle of the course over by the harbour side at Baiter; saw him at the last second and would have smacked into him if he'd been on my line............talking about photos; does anyone remember the name of the online photo company that were taking photos of the minithon?

Great event all round though..................thanks to Poole runners; nice one.

Oh........what was the minor hold up? Didn't notice it myself.

• Options
    tiny tiatiny tia ✭✭✭
    Think  this is the official photographer site ??
  • Options

Agree with you about the chip-timing but then I'd loose my job! (Lane Recorder)

Was my first time as a marshal and great fun with you Guys!  Nice to see it from the organisers side!

See you next year!

• Options
    Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭
    tiny tia wrote (see)
    Think  this is the official photographer site ??

Thanks for that...........hopefully they'll be up later today.

• Options
    goldbeetlegoldbeetle ✭✭✭

chip timing the 10k would at the moment add £3 per person to the cost of entry

something we are unwilling to pass onto you but you never a know if there are any sponsors out there willing to help us out???