Mick n Phil's daily blog

Comments

• 4:03pm, Saturday 19th January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete I thought it funny
    i went to Matalan earlier to look at Mens clothing for me and Phillip, i ended up trying to stop myself laughing, i actually had to just leave the store

I was looking at lables and prices , and i had'nt noticed before, but one of brand name company's is called

wait for it " EASY "

I just wept, i just LMAO
  • Easy Easy Easy!

Mick, you made me run my fastest mile at FLM07 when you spotted me at mile 25 and gave me the chant.

I want to be able to do the same for you.

We'll meet.
    We'll talk.
    We'll plan.
    Professionally.
    Obstacles are nothing but challenges, and each can be overcome.

This isn't hot air.

I believe that it can be done.

• 6:59pm, Sunday 20th January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete ok so far
    It's been ok today so far
  • Hi Mr Blisters

how's u pal ahh

i'm happy really you know, in my own way

i just plod on, that's all i'm interested in !! some days i plod, some run, some race !!

but ALL of you keep me going !

be good now

• Mick you are an inspiration mate.

You should write a book.........it would help others in similar circumstances.

Do you remember letting me have a do at pushing Phil at Freckleton?...........phew! no ways could I do that all the way round.

See you guys again on the circuit some day.

SM

• 8:45pm, Sunday 20th January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete Phillip's in bed now
    Well, what a thorougly enjoyable day
    i'm having a couple of hours to myself before i go to bed,

i've got the day off tomorrow, Phillip's got day centre, i've seen Mrs Mick today, so i won't go until Wednesday now

we shall hopefully go and join Stratford AC and do 10k tomorrow night on the track

sadly we could not make Folkesworth as planned today, it's about 80 miles, so we ran our local the Not the Roman 9 ..it's 12k, we clocked around 1.12...we happily did about 5 miles before hand

we met peeps , had fun, i felt just seeing people there that i had succedded in getting my life back , strange thing to sat ahh ...

but some of Stratford AC, i used to race with some 20 years ago, and it was odd when we talked briefly before people started turning up that, all our kids are grown up, and we range from 45 to 60 in age, and we still enjoy running,

i suppose it's weird that how i so nearly gave up on life, i'm here today happy, feeling i've won to a point, and still knocking out what i enjoy most, and that i can share all of it with my Philip

Well, i do so hope that all of you are ok, that your all well, and enjoying what ever you do

regards

Mick .. and thank you all of you !
  • 15 years gone
    i know you see, i've accepted deep deep down that the 15 years i lost to Phillip's illness i cannot have back, earlier today and yesterday are actually history

one way or the other i have to move on to tomorrow

one way or the other i will master 4 maybe 5 marathons in 2008

they won't beat me, we will beat them
  • Good luck to you, you will beat those marathons into the ground and have a great time doing it!
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning Mick, glad to hear that you had a good day yesterday.

I can just imagine you and Phil, dressed from head to toe from Matalan - with all the labels showing.

Easy, easy, Easy image

• 9:45am, Monday 21st January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete Extremely tired
    Hi fellow runners

today has started off with me feeling extremely tired, Phillip's gone to day centre.. shall have to see if i can wake up later
  • 3:03pm, Monday 21st January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete a letter
    I've just received an e mail from my county councillor

later on , i am going to show on my blog a copy of what i replied with

it is truthful and from deep in my heart...
  • 6:33pm, Monday 21st January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete letter from county councillor

Hi, Mick, and I do understand your concerns, and wish I could reassure you.

Things are changing in Children's Services. There is a lot of work being put in with very young children and families to help those who might be at risk. Also, the Warwickshire Youth Offending Service is doing excellent work with young offenders. This service is multidisciplinary, but was not in existence when your sons were young.

The County has recognised that young people using alcohol is one of the main factors leading to them committing crimes, and are working with the police and health to reduce this use, as a priority.

Most young people are reasonably well behaved, and most families are supportive of their children, and do their best to bring them up to be law abiding. Sadly this does not always work, and the consequences are, occasionally, appalling, and very occasionally this can be blamed on parents, schools, or the youngster being easily led. Mostly we don't know why - for example, what led to those two young boys killing James Bulger?

Mick, you are one of the very best fathers I have ever met. I am proud to know you and Phil and Dawn, I do know how difficult it is to bring up a child with even a mild disability, and your constant love and care for Phil is outstanding.

Best wishes, Jill
  • my reply
    Hi Jill

in brief,

Yes, i'm a proud man, i can HONESTLY say to anyone, anywhere, including Shire hall, given my ALL , my very best, 20 years of my everything

i have NOTHING to be ashamed of

i don't smoke, drink, or gamble in any way at all

i'm on call 24 hours a day for both Dawn and Phil

i'm heavily involved in amature athletics.. long distance road racing

i get about 43 weeks a year to compete, and in that time we've been know to compete in 56 road races

I NEVER EVER run without Phillip, my life is devoted to him, to see that he has EVERYTHING that i can possibly give him

people in and out of the system in the past have written things and verbally said things about me,

i know, i've been there when they've said it

but like a community nurse once said,
    they know nothing about me, they know nothing of how i cope, of how i feel

that i should stop beating myself up over it

would they have put up with what i have, would they have coped like i have

so, you see now-a-days i think to myself,

hang on a minute

If they CAN do it better than me 24 / 7 / 365 ok, have a go

i have NOT let my family down, the system let me down

i am now and have been for a long time.. getting on with it

my moto is, i don't say it out loud, i think tomyself and usually laugh over it to myslef now,

" if you can do better , you do it "

i'm a different man to what i was in 2002

i'm older, experienced, and as for the world outside my house, i don't really give a damn

callous you may think, that's for you to decide !

Regards

Mick
  • 6:39pm, Monday 21st January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete i did add
    i actually forgot to say

you may not believe this,and things cannot always be proven, BUT, i can quite honestly look up and say to anyone

That i can justify everything that i've ever said and done

i can say to a lot of people , ok, prove it .. you 've just said about me, you justify it , can you.. cos i can !!

I'm afraid Jill that the system took 2 honest and open people, and left them dejected, almost like com pos mentus cabbage, is that right ??

they left us suffering deep mental health and depression problems

we have to live with it to this day

i know you have your councill bosses, your SSD bossed your NSPCC bosses, your police bosses

but i can tell you

none of them in the slightest frighten me

i would never intentially look to prove it, but if i was challenged by any of them again as i was 19 years ago
    well, the consequences could be dire

Mick ...the Mick that you think you know, but never really did !

• 6:51pm, Monday 21st January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete Isn't copy and paste fun !!
    I've just copied and pasted that lot from my mail box

LMAO
  • 9:17pm, Monday 21st January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete been ok
    It's been an ok day today, a little boring, probably because i've mainly rested !!

4 busy days ahead though !
  • Mick, we know. You rock. You ARE a rock.

And I can imagine that when you are up to your neck in manure it can be difficult to smell the roses.

• Yes, something like that

all those lost years ... GONE !

• 8:35am, Tuesday 22nd January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete back to normal AHH
    Well people

today is back to normal .... in quite simple english that means just another shit boring day basically
  • Good God!

I've been so busy just checking the threads I'd bookmarked, that I'd completely missed this one until a couple of days ago.  I've now caught up with what's going on with you, Mick, and it's been good to do so.

Have now bookmarked it also - good to read your regular updates, Mick!  Keep inspiring us!

Love to you and your family

LP xxx

• 7:20pm, Tuesday 22nd January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete advise here
    i'll think i'll open up a bloody advise line

i was putting some advise out to peoples queries on RW etc a few days ago, and everything went quiet

i said to some one, have i caused offence

i had a mail back saying no Mick, you've said nout wrong.. your just talking to a lot of people who don't have your experience, and their lost with what your saying, and don't really know quite what to answer with

i mean come on, bloody hell running isn't exactly that difficult is it !!

when i started out.. there was NO support .. these chat rooms etc, have put it all on a plate for newbies

it's there to be enjoyed as well, or have people forgotten that, it's not all about race, race, race, it can not be achieved over night

i had to do it all, blistered and sore as hell,

so, i think i'll just shut up ahh
    what says all of you
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Morning Mick - don't you dare 'shut up' You keep on putting in your opinions and others can decide whether to do the sensible thing and listen, or not.

Are you seeing Dawn today?

• 8:31am, Wednesday 23rd January 2008 comment on this entry | edit | delete hello - good day
    Hi guy, and of course you sweet sexy girls

i'm off to see my wife after later for an hour,

i was so amazed by the hospital's attitude, i cannot get in for visiting hours, but the nurses have been very good about it !

as for the rest well...
    arrived with Wife last Thursady, filling in forms at reception, and a security guard asked when he saw our case, " have you come for a month holiday then", i said, dear boy, if my wife was'nt unwell i would not be here at all
    he shut up
    then i got told, i can only claim travelling expenses, for bringing her to hospital and taking her back home.. if i visit in- between , then that's my choice, you cannot claim... i said, that's very christian like, and encourage spreading love isn't it

not that i am christian ... actually i'm bloddy glad i'm not
  • least no-one can accuse me of being a bloody hipocrit, they can all just PISS off
  • Morning Mick...... Positive thoughts to you my friend... I hope all goes well for you..... Just keep remembering how much inspriation you give others.. (((((   )))))  for Dawn and Phil

• Gatton

that boot

LOl  ROFL  LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Looking forward to seeing you again this year. Not sure where yet, but like a bad penny I keep turning up.