Northumberland Coastal Run

Comments

• Message from Alnwick Harriers.

Re lost numbers and number swaps 

I've had quite a few queries about lost numbers. If you've lost yours, please go to the race enquiry car at Beadnell before the race and you can get a duplicate number. If you paid for the pre-race bus, just explain to the bus marshal (probably me) and you'll be allowed on the bus.

If you have acquired a number from someone else, I'll change the names on the computer if you email me before 4pm on FRIDAY raceinfo@alnwickharriers.co.uk with details of the race number, the original runner's name and your name, club, age on race day.  I cannot accept any changes after 4pm on Friday.  Anyone found running under false details has to be disqualified.

Finally, I hope everyone has a great run. I  don't know what the weather forecast is for Sunday but the tide will be out and the infamous stile/gate at Craster is being dismantled for the event so it should be PBs all round. Please remember to smile at the marshals as you go by.

See you all in the Red Lion.

Anne (Race Admin)

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Anne can I say on behalf of the field that runners really appreciate the hard work that goes into this race, so thanks in advance and apologies from anyone who is too knackered or too busy gawping at the scenery to smile at the marshals......
  • Anne

Many thanks for the info.You've been spot on throughout this thread giving updates and info.image I'll hopefully see you at the pre race bus.

Shame about the gate,I was looking forward to a rest.image

• Anne - I have just tried to send  you an email (in my capacity as Harrogate Harriers Club Secretary) regarding two of our club runners who are injured and who we would like to replace them with. I have just had a mail undeliverable message back??? I will try to resend. 

thanks for keeping us updated of the race info. Great news about the stile/gate being removed - although as Mick says, it means we wont get a rest there! image

• Thanks Anne.

Looking forward to Sunday. image

• Stoxy-Have you got the champers ready after you've finished?image
  • Really looking forward to this, my first go at this race. I have done 6 half marathons (average 2hrs 5 mins) but only two 10k's (inc Blaydon Race ) so far this year. I am not a serious or fast runner but committed and hard working. I am worried about how tough this will be for a 'jogging housewife' ! Everyone at the start will look really fit andI will be panicking about being last! please spare a smile for any scared looking 30 something lady runner wearing a white Derby T shirt. image

• Gul - dont panic - although the race info says the race has a 3 hour cut of time it really is a fantastic race with runners of all abilities and speeds. Yes, there are super fast club runners at the front who take it very seriously but there are also a lot off other club and non club people who just take it easy and enjoy the scenery. In fact, although I usually take races quite seriously this race I prefer to run at a slower pace so I can take everything in. If you can do a 2hr5min road half rest assured you will definitely not be last in this race. Based on my half PB and my time for this race I would say this race adds about a min per mile to your pace. So if you run a 2hr5min half I think you should do this in about 2.5hours max.
  • ARGH!! My parents have let me down and now I can get there.

Is anyone traveling from Leeds/Bradford type area who can offer a lift??

Perleeeeeeeease!!image

• Thanks Jovi, that is helpful.

I can't wait, hope the weather is nice and clear so we can all appreciate those views.

I have done a hellrunner before and I really enjoy a rough trail, I am looking forward to splashing through burns and scrambling over rocks with my gadgie side kick!

Does anyone know hpw busy the pub is likely to be? Will we be able to order food?

• Gul- I am running like I've got bricks strapped to both feet at the moment so I wouldnt worry about your time!!

Pub was v busy last year but I believe it was possible to get food in a fairly reasonable time.

Mick-Will organise Champers for the finish.image

• Minor panic tonight when I couldn't find the bloody race numbers ..... got 'em in the end, I'm not surprised that Anne has had so many queries people who have lost them, they're really quite small!!

Setting off tomorrow for Alnwick and am looking forward to it.  I was really doubtful whether I would make this due to injury and although this is not going to to be a fast run, I'm sure I'll make it round.

BTW, I don't know which number is which!!  I've got one that starts with a 4, one with an 8 .... which one is blurkes and which one ladies??

NE

p.s. can anyone recommend a good Indian or chogey restaurant for tomorrow night???

• NE - the hotel tomorrow is in Embleton so you wont find it if you go to Alnwick  !!!! LOL  See you tomorrow. My number starts with a 1 so not sure that is any help to you ref which is your number! Mine also has the T shirt size stamped on it so if yours does maybe that might clarify which is which????
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    I may be ignorant but.....what is a chogey restaurant?
  • Doesn't look like anyone's going up from Leeds/Brat'fd on the Sunday image

So there's a spare number going if anyone wants it.

• Diana - Tutu who posts in the sub 4hr FLm thread is going up on the Sunday from Leeds area. You could send her a message through this site.
  • Cheers Jovi, Just messaged her.
  • Happy birthday stoxyimageimage

Poacher-I think a chogey resturant is a chinese.

• Cheers Mick!

Yes I forgot about tutu. Early early start mind you.........................
  • FlurilloFlurillo ✭✭✭
    2 days! argh! First race since my op...am now going *argghharghargharghargharghargh*
  • Hi everyone!

Diana's message prompted me to come here as I've not dropped by in months! Really looking forward to it - I too thought I might have to pull out at one point due to transport problems but seems to be sorted now (just so you all know D and I are in email contact now trying to work it out - still cannot believe I have to get up at 3.30am!!!!)

See you all Sunday image

Jovi - are you getting the bus to the start? Can't remember.. I'm sure I'll bump into you anyway. I'm still sniffly I'm afraid but not as bad as last weekend!

• ps. road shoes or trail shoes???
  • That really is v early to be getting up Tutu!!!! I can't believe it..............
  • Hrmpf hrmpf *grumble grumble grumble*
    shouldn't moan really.........extreeeemely glad i don't have to drive now! I'm sure it'll be an amazing race and worth the early start (it had better be!)

• I really really better had be. I don't think they'll be much point in me going to bed. I'll have to set off down the towpath at 02.30! So I'd have to be up at 2am at the lastest.

No. I won't go to bed. I'll end up feeling worse.

• Do you think you will come down the canal if it's the only way? I don't live too far from the canal, you could store your bike at mine?! But I'll speak to my ride tonight and find out if there's any way at all Saltaire / somewhere closer to you along the canal could be on the way up for us!!

I was thinking about not going to bed - seriously.... because it's basically a gig followed by club night tomorrow and our friends from Chicago are over so it'll be reeeeally fun. But would probably enjoy the coastal run more with a bit of sleep! Patrick said I could sleep in the car, but I feel a bit mean - it's only polite to talk to your driver and keep them awake when they are going to be as tired as you, right?

Anyway I will be in touch Diana!

• ps. Already said it on another thread but HAPPY BIRTHDAY STOXY!! image
  • The canal is the only flat route!!

It shouldn't have knob heads on the towpath at 02.30 should it? They'll be all tucked up/beating up their partners.

• Dear N. Exile - numbers up to 699 were for men and over 700 were for  the ladies (except  for a few when I forgot/lost the will to live.)

Everyone - I've processed all your number swaps . Don't worry if you're a lady with a 'mans' number or vice versa and please don't email me about it now.  Your details are correct on the race computer.

Please enjoy our event.

Anne - Race Admin