North West Triathlon (21.09.08)

Comments

• I'm sorry I'm not but I am doing 13 miles middle wood way with Colourin. We have a map!

Good luck to Mrs SA!!

• A map? image I thought it was a straight line - ish?

Am looking forward to 13 miles of flat, but it looks like it might be a very soggy 13 miles!image

• Glad you like them Nam - they are just the best aren't they!

sorry they took so bliddy long for me to get them to you! image

• worth waiting for!!! >munch munch< image
  • Colourin wrote (see)
    Bummer image what you having done?

Got to have a Arthroscopy to take away the bit of my menisus I've torn and reattatch one of my ligaments and sort the one on the otherside out too.  Suppose to be doing Cardiff half in 2 weeks but looks like its a no goer.  Not been able to run since NW.  Anyone want a place??

Ironholgs wrote (see

Sprocket, hope the op is a success when it comes around, get yourself sorted Pet - Bala will still be there in 2010 waiting to be conquered by the Sprocket Rocket !

Sorry not been around this week - total chaos as its Freshers week and I really couldn't face putting the laptop on when I got home.

Hope you all have a good weekend, I'm working 8-6 tomorrow and hopefully riding the Cat and Fiddle on sunday if I can get rid of this heavy cold.

Thanks Holgs Sprocket rocket made me laugh image  Mr S has pre registered for IMUK next year so I'll make it my year for sprints and maybe sneek in an oly if I can and give hubby some support then 2010 will be my turn  image  Hope you shift your cold and the cat and fiddle goes well!!

• Blimey sprocks, that sounds a bit serious - take heart tho, I had my ACL reconstructed a few years ago, and now look at me, fink I'm a triathlete and everything!
  • Thanks thats good to know!  Your not just a triathlete but a chipper one at that!!  There's hope for me yet then image  I've got some other probs with my knee that they can't put right and I've got to put up with but I'm hoping to at least do Bala in 2010 nad concentrate on Sprints and maybe the Deva oly next year.  No pain no gain heyimage
  • Afternoon!

Home from the duathlon.... Lesson learned.... never enter a race on a website called 'punishing events', it's asking for trouble!!! Ha!

It was VERY wet for the duration so I was seriously soggy at the end! Came last but really not bothered becuase there were less than 200 people that did it and they all looked like they were in tri clubs/bike clubs - I reckon loads of people saw the weather and didn't bother! The runs were very undulating and the bike section was tres hilly with one seriously steep climb! I didn't fall off though - YAY! Good event but v hard - the hardest race I've done this year for sure! I got bad calf cramp on the bike and had to unclip and stop and stretch then got it again on the second run but other than that, no problems!

Had a bath and thawed out - JUST!

Cally - yes, chocs were LOVELY....they didn't last long in my house though!!
  • Well done Aitch!!  Especially as you didn't fall off image  Sounds like you did really well!!!

Hows Uni going?  I thought of you as I sat in lectures this week. 

• He he I was pleased I didn't fall off as well - it was one of my main aims of today image

Been in school on placement this week Sprocks, which has been eventful but really really fun! Next three weeks is two days in placement and 3 in uni....got LOADS of work to do - eeeeeeek!

Did you finally get rid of that nasty cold??!
  • Oooohhhh in school!!  Thats the best bit of it isn't it image  Did you enjoy it?  Know what you mean about loads of work....  Trying not to think about it especaily as I can't get hold of any of the books on my reading listimage

Cold is still lingering and I've got a lovely barking cough.  My own silly fault for doing a Tri with a cold I guess image  Its ok though as being a girl there's no man flu symptoms lol!

• I've just come back from my first 13 miles and I hurt. It took ages! Right going to go there is a shower with my name on it.

Thank you for joining us Colourin!

Mrs SA how did your race go?? I was thinking about you on my run!

• Was a good 13 miles Double O, really enjoyed itimage

once we've done the trail near mine at Sarah's pace, maybe we could do it as a brick session one day, like I mentioned?image

• Oh yeah! Sounds good I've been wanting to do a brick session for ages.
  • Ooh, its serious now, my entries are in for the Stockport 10, which is not so shocking, but I've also done my entry for Bala middle!?!imageimageimage no backing out now!
  • 4 hours on the bike were finished off in a spectacular manner by some chav twats driving within inches of me, forcing me into the gutter, trying to touch me...  imageimageimage

Just come home and reported it to the police who actually took it quite serious.  A twitch of the handlebars and I would have been under the car.  I am absolutely tamping.  Managed to get the number plate!

• Blumin eck Nam!  there's some right nobeds out there int there? Well done getting their number tho, lets hope they get whats coming to them!

Are you physically ok tho? not damaged the bike or out? 

• Hey, guess what?? Results are up. I didn't actually come last after all - 169 out of 171! Woop woop! AND I did better than I thought....

Run 5k - 0:27:45 Bike 30k - 1:25:00 Run 5k - 0:29:57 Total 2:22:42
  • That's awesome Aitch!!!!!!  image

Colourin, yes I'm fine but a twitch of the handlebars and I'd have been far from fine...  Glad I've learned to handle my bike a bit recently.

• Aitch... wrote (see)
    Run 5k - 0:27:45 Bike 30k - 1:25:00 Run 5k - 0:29:57 Total 2:22:42
    Must have been a strong field if you're second from last with those results...  I would have certainly been last!!
  • Carsington Water, Derbyshire. It was blinkin' hilly let me tell you!!!

I'm aching now.......

I don't know where T1 and T2 are counted.... I'd be bloody chuffed if either of them were included in the runs...
  • I'd forgotten that the over 40s started 15 mins earlier than everyone else (don't know why) hence why I thought I was last because I knew I was last to finish out there...

Nam, that's why I didn't mind being near the bottom because they were all tri club peeps and bike peeps and only 171 competed...
  • Well done Aitch, great effort there pet !!

Nam - hope you alright, there are some right tw*ts about, glad the police took it seriously.

Anyone heard from Jp etc about how they got on at the Liverpool half ?

Well despite having a raging sore throat I dragged myself out of bed at 5:30 and drove to Stoke on Trent for the 55 mile Cat and Fiddle Challenge. The weather was awful with driving rain and winds, at one point I was cycling up a steep road out of Buxton, and I could have swore I was riding up a waterfall. The Cat and Fiddle 7 mile long hill is infact pretty steep and desolate in not very nice weather.

Anyways I was hoping to do it inbetween 4-5 hours, so am dead chuffed that I completed it in 3:42 and the best bit was I could have done another lap I felt that strong. Has taken many hours though for my feet to thaw out though !

• Nice one Holgs!image

By contrast we had lovely weather just down the road a bit in marple, very wet under foot, lots of complaints about shiny new shoes getting muddy, but still good fun! 

• Colourin - I started riding at 8am and by the time I got in the car to drive home it was glorious and I needed my sunglasses, very weird day.
  • yeah, when i looked out the window at 7am i really didn't want to go out, thats the good thing about making plans with other people - you feel mean if you don't turn up!

Still, nice of the sun to come out in time for an after run pint! 

• Awesome Holgs!! 

I nearly killed myself on some hills today...  The disadvantage of not being able to drive a route first...  I had mapped myself an 11 mile loop I was going to do a few of...  Thought "oh that road looks nice..."  Almost 10 miles of pure climbing!!!  Some not so steep but dragging oooon and oooon....  then short sharp shocks in between...  and no descents???  I was thinking where the f*ck am I heading here....???  image  All of a sudden I was on top of some massive hill and could see as far as the sea!!!  image  LOL...  One hill I actually came to a grinding halt and couldn't get enough momentum to carry on so had to push it up a bit... image  Then a neck breaking "teeth first" kind of descent...  I thought no thank you am I going to do more of that today as my legs were screaming...  Have a 20 mile loop which is flat -ish which I did twice after that.  But that was challenging in itself as no respite from downhills.  All in all though...  more hours in the bag...  image