The Brooks 19th Paddock Wood Half-Marathon

12345679»

Comments

• after the debacle of the Bath 1/2 two weeks ago, what a joy PW was!! OK - a big difference in numbers but even so the organisation at PW went like clockwork (bar maybe the chip timing but hey, you can't have everything!). excellent mile markers and great marshalling....

I think my legs were showing the results of a speedy 2.5hr bike ride on Saturday - they didn't want to know until after the hill and then died again after mile 11...........the 9 middle miles were fine!! 1:52:07 on my watch which will do - 7 mins off my PB so still work to be done. Petal had been suffering with a chesty cough all week which stopped her going sub-2 (but only just) and a twitchy hamstring didn't help matters.

good to catch up with a few people and well done to Hipps on her sub-2 PB. and Plum - how dare you beat your elders??? image
  • My first half marathon.  Glad to get round.

The only downer was that by the time I finished they had run out of water completely.  Somewhat surprised given how much good stuff I had heard about how this event is organised.

Shame for a basis requirement not to have been met.  I can only think people must have taken more than one bottle.

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    awwww becky, there was loads left when I finished in 2:28 and there were less than 100 people behind me.  I can only think they thought there were less people to come in and packed up too soon.  Congrats on your 1st half, well done.  I'm sure we'll see you at many more races to come.
  • sunluver - I finished 3 mins behind you.  I am sure we must have seen each other at sometime during the race! 

I asked the block behind the table where the water was and he said all gone so what happened in those 3 mins I don't know?

• Compared to Hasting this was run really well. The baggage Guides were speedy and friendly. No complaints there.  I had the same issue with chip times so will just have to ignore it unfortunately. it took me 9 seconds to cross the start line not 74!

• "Plum - how dare you beat your elders???"

I was convinced you were in front of us the whole way round, you were in front of us in the start pen and I never noticed passing you though with your slim sylph like frame I could easily have missed you

If I had known you were behind me I would have had a sit down and waited for you, I could have done with it. Upside wasthat Kate didnt moan at all on the way round, downside was in fact she just glared at me for 13.1 miles and grunted occasionally.

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    Whos entered the Hastings marathon in December???
  • I'm hoping that if I faff about long enough it'll fill up!  Altho' I suspect I shall be looking for a replacement for Halstead.
  • I'm still holding out for the Thanet 10, and hoping that the full Hastings marathon will be twice round the half marathon course...
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    No luck Sir Cowarde, its definately a different one lap course, heads out towards Battle I'm led to believe and back along Bexhill, sounds quite a nice route actually
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

How is everyone today?

Kaz - I you pull out of Halstead?

• Not yet T but it could be on the cards.   Feeling a lot better than I was earlier today so hopefully a day or two will sort it.

How's your cold?  Any better today?

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Not bad, but I would not fancy doing another half marathon with a cold. I just phoned my friend and she is working tomorrow so I don't have to go running with her.

I think I was a bit under trained for this half thou. Anyway I have other races to look forward to.

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    Wish I'd been under trained and had a cold like you Tracey, I'd have finished quicker image.  Hope you're feeling better.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Sunluver - are you doing Kent half marathon?
  • Plum - I didn't see you and Kate go by but spotted you about 50m ahead just before the hill climb so you must have sneaked past somewhere......my legs didn't want to know for the 1st couple of miles so I started slowly which may explain you sneaking by........dog, even Snoop and Tiger went by in the 1st mile which was embarrasing!

no worries though - I was following a very nice female arse for most of the race which sort of kept a focus of some sort... image

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

I hadn't planned on doing it  Tracey but never say never.  I need to check the dates.  I'm planning on starting a sports massage course soon which is done over 10 weekends spread over 10 months but don't know exactly when I'm starting so dont know which weekends I'll have to do.

On that note, later this year I'll be looking for up to 100 people who want a free sports massage ( not all at once, spread over the 10 months) so i'll be posting on the forums asking for volunteers.

I wish I'd been following a nice tight ass all the way round FB, I had some bloke dressed for a winter skiing trip who wheezed badly and had a running stlyle that reminded me of quasimodo. 

• you were behind me?

FB we were with in spitting distance of Tiger and Tricky Dicky for the first couple of miles so must have crept past in that first bit along the road somewhere.

• Now then FB, I am an elite aflete I'll have you know image, well I got a PB anyway. image

• well at least you got something positive out of overtaking me then Tiger.....well done! I must have worked hard though - my legs are still bloody complaining......

• So are mine - I just wish I could run that well more often!