Kit order 2008

Comments

• Hi guys

Thought this might be something you'd be interested in... 

Rat Race Bristol 14th – 15th June 2008!

Over this weekend the city of Bristol is turned into an adventure course!  You will receive a course only hours before you begin and teams of 3 will be running, cycling, kayaking, abseiling their way around places you wouldn’t normally be allowed to! 

Please email running@pennybrohn.org if you want more information and I can email it out to you – it contains all the answers to all the questions you’re probably thinking of right now!   You can sign up online here www.pennybrohncancercare.org and click on Support Us.

If you have concerns about the sponsorship levels then just give me a ring on 01275 370081 or reply to this email.

All this fun and you'll be helping to support a fantastic charity - Penny Brohn Cancer Care.

Core components:
    Biking:
    50 – 70km; on-road and off-road. This is the main discipline that will “link” the various components of the course
    Ropework: Some people think this is what really sets the Rat Race apart from anything else – the ability to clamber all over buildings and structures with ropes. It’s exciting, exhilarating and gives great views of the city you are travelling around. And it’s the sort of thing you would get arrested for if you tried it without us! We will always give you at least one section and usually 2 or more. Previous events have seen zip wires into city squares and abseils off famous stadiums; airy traverses of railway bridges and scrambling up city crags or walls.
    Kayaking:You might be paddling on city docks, on rivers, canals or even on the Sea in some coastal cities. You will always be under the watchful eyes of our safety crews and you will have all the equipment provided. We tend to set fairly basic kayak challenges as the standards of paddling generally are fairly (ahem) mixed! Don’t worry if you aren’t the best paddlers and remember there is always the refresher course to brush up on your skills.
    Navigation: Not to be feared! Suffice to say that most is done on A-Z maps.  We might give you some other navigation challenges along the route, such as orienteering with special maps in city parks, or navigation with aerial photos. These will vary from event to event. You CAN practise navigation.
    Special stages: This could literally mean anything. We have sent people underground into caves to navigate in pitch darkness; we have given people wigs and microphones and asked them to perform on stage in front of an audience; we have had teams looking for ghostly monks in a castle and have defended ourselves with flour bombs from teams “laying siege” to a fortified island. People have been buried in sand, navigated the aisles of shopping centres, rode bikes over parked cars and through big trucks and some have encountered the legendary Rat Race slippery wall – sometimes featured immediately before the finish line as the “final straw.” We’ve even had teams perform live at a major music festival in front of 1000s. All between bouts of biking, hiking, abseiling and kayaking. It all lies between you and the finish

Don’t miss out on this event of a lifetime – and you’ll be helping us help even more people with cancer.  Go on take the plunge and sign up!

Let me know what you think!Kirsty
  • image  Hi Folks,

Have just had a phone call from the lovely Plumie and I am pleased to tell you that all the small size Pirate kit was posted today......so it should be with you very soon!!!!

Yippee!!!   image

Boing, Boing!

Thanks Plum MWAH!!  

• Must take longer to make the larger sizes then image

• What I actually said to Bloomin Blodwyn was that all the smaller consignments were posted today, nothing to do with the size of the undergarments........ the rest need wrapping up with string and brown paper so hopefully tomorrow

Wanders off shaking little befuddled head

• Oops sorry Plum!!  image

It was noisy in the changing room I swear you said small sizes....must be me!
    Was lovely to hear from you though!

• Woohoo Thanks Plum image
  • I can pop and collect lots of kit and deliver it to Bala if required (im assuming the delivery is in your safe hands)
  • Carl I know you are short of space in the car,  if you want to drop some off to me I can take some up for you
  • Hello peeps - I'm going to bring kit for Meldy, Holly and Barley with me to the Chiltern 100 on Sunday.

Dark Vader, I'll hang onto yours till I see you

Trog & Pixel Pan, I need some string for you so will sort that out soon.

I think that is everyone......

• oooh exciting I was just wondering when they were arriving!!!image
  • M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    woohoo I got kit !!!
  • M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Thank you ever so much to Plum and Lindi for organising (and to Blobfish for his secretarial assistance).

• Plumbabe wrote (see)

What I actually said to Bloomin Blodwyn was that all the smaller consignments were posted today, nothing to do with the size of the undergarments........ the rest need wrapping up with string and brown paper so hopefully tomorrow

Wanders off shaking little befuddled head

HAHAHAHAHA  Bloomin Blodwyn....  image

*awaits kit*

• Bloomin Blodwyn indeed!!!
  • Hoorah!!!!!!

One Medium sized Monaco arrived today. Thanks Lindi, Plumb and anyone else who's been ivolved in sorting this Parade of Sartorial Pirateness out!!

• Ooooh want to go home now and check.   Hope the postie doesnt deliver after OH has gone to work or my monaco will be all holey from dog attack!  Fingers crossed!

Thanks for all the time and effort that goes into this.  Looking forward to christening mine at Blenheim image

• Cool, will wait for the postie then. Wiggle delivery today already, turning out to be a nice day image
  • Mine's just arrived  image  excellent! Thanks for all your hard work guys.
  • Damn I'm at work.......................oooooo *waits excitedly.........watches clock tick very chuffing slowly*
  • Hope wrote (see)
    Bloomin Blodwyn indeed!!!
    Great new forum name!!  image
  • Feck ...................... Namby's back on line.

Peace is shattered  image

• Excellent news; wasn't expecting to actually recieve it till towards end of next month.  Thanks again to Plum & Lindi. 

Lindi - happy to pop over and collect if that makes life any easier.

• nothing for me yet 

boo hoo

• Nothing here either image.

If it comes tomorrow, I'm wearing it to run club image

• TRTR ✭✭✭
    One large Monaco gratefully receieved.

Thank you to Plum and Lindi for taking the time and trouble.

I fill it nicely at the top, but I think my beer gut needs work to fill it at the tummy area.

I had best send off my first Tri entry form.
  • Blobfish wrote (see)

Feck ...................... Namby's back on line.

Peace is shattered  image

Nuffink here....

*kicks Plum in a strop* image

• Mine arrived. Thank you!! Should post a Nam style pic. Naaah maybe not image Serious boobage image...
  • Thank you very much!

*sucks stomach in*

it's not the most flattering of items in my wardrobe!! Hellllllloooooooooo lycra!
  • nope.........rubbish postman missed me image *I'm sure the post man is very nice really....*
  • Trog - if you'd like to come over maybe go for a little trot round the lake and have tea and cake?
    You could fill me in on Allsorts news and gossip.

Let me know when you are free image