Six Nations 2008

Nearly with us again!

• Do you think there'll be a Grand Slam for anyone?
  • Who's going to come top?
  • Who's going to win the wooden spoon?
  • Are you going to see any of the games live?
  • Which game(s) are you looking forward to the most?
  • Does anyone know who the heck some of these new French players are?!?

I'm a bit apprehensive about France's game with Scotland. Have a feeling that the new team won't have settled yet and could get mauled. I will be trying to finish the Watford Half a s fast as possible so I can get back to catch the match at home.

Allez Les Bleus!

Comments

• Wales on Sat afternoon

That's just an excuse for a session if there ever was one!

• my dad has just decided to take me away to the ireland italy game this weekend since i'm flying back to cork anyway!!! come on the boys in green!

• You lucky so-and-so, bootsie!

Hope you have a great time image

• Wales?

Osrpeys with a two sorry votes!

• Surprised you're not playing the whole Ospreys side really. I don't think it's against the rules to field the occasional New Zealand international, leastways not in England. That Holah feller's not bad, why didn't you pick him?
  • Welsh rugby bol-atics, if the ospreys fielded the full welsh team there would be outrage in cardiff and llanelli. Plus we have this think called the henikien cup to win................

We have fielded kiwis before, how can you not forget grannygate?

• Or Tony Copsey image

Not sure how I'll feel when our Tongkiwenglishman tramples all over Ickle to score the winning try...

• It's going to be great this year, so many sides doing better.  I have a feeling the French could finish down the table.  I'd love to see England do much better than past 4 years and I think there is confidence there again.  Wales too.  I think Ireland will struggle overall but will pull a couple of big wins off.  It's wide open this year - cracking!

As for the occasional New Zealanders, true, but it's not an English exclusive. Wasn't half the Welsh squad Tongan, NZ and Samoan not that long ago?

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    We'll fill with nationalistic pride and forget all the jibes we made about that Kiwi fullback the Welshies used a few times.
  • BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Come on Crashie, we are English.. its one rule for us, and one rule for them.....
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Nemo - I don't think you'll have too much to worry about.  There are a fair few changes to the Scotland line up too, and I'm not sure if it'll work.
  • Yes you empire building english tw*tsimage

England or wales for grandslam or trophey. So saturday is the crunch game then irleand, france scotland italy.

So on my prediction watch scotland get the grandslam!

• Yes you empire building english tw*tsimage

England or wales for grandslam or trophey. So saturday is the crunch game then irleand, france scotland italy.

So on my prediction watch scotland get the grandslam!

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    LOL.. thats why we are loved, adored and revered the globe-overimage
  • Don't think they'll be a Grand Slam this year - but it's going to be mighty interesting! I can't wait. Although I'm very patriotic, I also watch as much rugby as possible. I think the winner will be France, then England, Wales, Ireland with Scotland and Italy battling for the wooden spoon (again). And I got the world cup winners right (although I did predict that England would go out in the pool stages....ooops!)

Hubby off to Twickenham on Sat with corporate tickets...I lost out with the ballot, so watching at home with little 'un. I'm hoping she'll let me watch it. Selfish brat will probably want feeding or some such nonsense.image

I've done my fantasy team, I've discussed the choices (Balshaw - why FFS why????) and I'm ready.

• Not a bad prediction there TT.  So money on Scotland then image
  • I think Vainikolo is a terrific player, but as a Togan former NZ RL international, is he actually English? I'm not even sure I'll be able to send gloating emails to fb if the Volcano wins us the game; that's how serious this is...

No Patterson for Scotland? Weird.

Not sure about the England back row, but I suppose it's as good a time as any for new players to be given a chance. i'm sure Ashton knows what he's doing *cough choke*

Apropos of nothing, we've got an international player of the future at Worcester at the moment...Miles Benjamin. If you watched the Warriors and someone told you that one winger was an exceptionally talented Kiwi and the other a 19 year old kid in his first real season, but you didn't know which was which, you'd have Benjamin down as Rico Gear...

•  think Vainikolo is a terrific player, but as a Togan former NZ RL international, is he actually English?

3 years residencey rule and has not played international rugby at senior level for union. Has done NZ internationl for league. But no not english!

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Shane Howarth...
  • Not English but the rules have been followed.  And if a talent wants to play for a particular country then great.  It doesn't quite feel right though but this is the professional era so you can't blame the player for wanting to follow the money and experience or the team for selecting them.
  • BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

vainikolo is no more English than Shane was Welsh

but in the heat of battle, who cares?????

I do normally , but on the day...

• It's a ludicrous rule, 3 years is nothing, especially when you can be playing international RL for someone else while you're qualifying by residency. I suppose it works to England's advantage because we're quite likely to get the majority of good 'imports' due to the size of our Premiership, but it would be much better if it could be simplified to 'parents' nationality or place of birth'...
  • BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

Why not just ' where were you born?'

Having said that, when the big fella romps in for his fourth againt the taffs, I doubt if we will seriously complain.

signed the Sais.

• Having said that, when the big fella romps in for his fourth againt the taffs, I doubt if we will seriously complain.

signed the Sais.

LOL! Glouster player and if i remember correctly he was not that effective agaist the ospreys?

• BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭

We'll see mate....

can't wait.. that wave of Welsh nationalism that rises on Friday even is almost palpable from where I sit, and wales is nearly five miles away.. it will crash and be broken, only to withdraw into the spume of despair about sixish on saturday.....

• Scotland are adopting a long term strategy of collecting porridge stirrers.  This is intended to lull all the other teams into a false sense of security so that in time they will again take everybody by surprise and achieve a grand slam.  This policy is already starting to work as people are preparing to discard Scotland as serious opponents before the tournament starts.  In a few years time opposition teams will give Scotland such little regard that they will take the field suffering from hangovers, making up the team numbers from the few supporters who have braved the journey to the far north, turning the scrum so that the hooker can shelter from the wind to light his fag, etc.  Then Scotland will actually produce some players who can not only play rugby but can work together as a team and shock the rest of the world into submission.  I expect this policy to come to fruition sometime in the next 50 years. 

As for this year ....  Got to go - I think my porridge is burning.

• All countries do it: Tony Marsh, Pieter de Villiers etc. for France, Dominguez for Italy.

There's big money to be made in Europe and if you're not quite good enough to play for your home nation it must be tempting. So long as you live there for the 3 years I think it's OK. Always think it looks a bit funny though when they sing someone else'e anthem.

• Nah.

I'm saying it as it is. Glouster are top of the prem league(or near top) and ospreys have not had problems with them. Celtic league is suppsoed to be inferior to the prem leauge but of late english clubs are not showing that or does the england team have the experaince to play as a team that well. Wilkison no doubt has the mind of a genuis but his injurys are appaling, you have had the mumps scare so the team had players isolated and so on.

Wales, Uh can the ospreys turn up to train and pick martin williams up on the way! image

• The most over rated sport in the world

Kick and clap what a bore

RUGBY LEAGUE IS THE FUTURE - a sport real athletes