Options

Kent Coastal Marathon

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options

I can only imagine that I was going too quickly!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    It appears there may be a slight delay in uploading the pics onto imagesaurus but keep checking!
  • Options
    oh dear Tracey sorry did the camera survive image
  • Options
    Tracey I am afraid the email never arrived. Perhaps you tried to attach too many big files to the one email and it just didn't send. Most email systems have a maximum file attachment size.
  • Options

I also meant to say that my concerns over toilets at the start and mile markers were unfounded.

A couple of minutes queue was small enough to take the panic away and led to a couple of return visits!!

And other than mile 10 (which MF7, you had mentioned, but I'd have to say the marshalls didn't know was missing) all mile markers were in place, visible and other than 12m being 12.2(!) incredibly accurate according to my Garmin!

It really helped with pacing, as well as having something to look forward to!!!!! So thanks for getting right something most races fall down on!

• Options
    CB - I sent them again this afternoon 2 photos at a time.
  • Options
    Thanks Tracey, I have now got them, they are great.
  • Options
    QBQB ✭✭✭

On mile markers, I knew not to expect 10 but managed to miss 23, which was just when my legs were going heavy. Led to a little bit of concern as to how long this mile was taking me, but just as I checked with a lady beside me whether we had actually gone past 23, we looked up and saw 24!  The madness of long distance running...

I seem to have shaken most of the aches out of my legs by yesterday afternoon and will do my usual rehabilitation of running the 12.5 into work tomorrow morning. It will seem a shame to finish this marathon off and start preparing for Hastings, it's been enjoyable throughout and I hope to be back again next year!

• Options

Cable, Re: miles, I had the same thing with my Garmin. The only problem was, I forgot to press the stop button at the finish, then put it in the boot of the car with the rest of my kit. That evening I put it back on its cradle, I loaded the route into sport tracks only to find I ran to Broadstairs twice (drove over there for post race meal) burned 6263 calories and in some stages of the course I ran at 59 mile/minimage

Do you know if there is any way to delete everything recorded on my watch after the finish? There is an edit feature in the Garmin Training Centre software, but none of the buttons seem to do anything.

• Options

Sorry Chaffordred - it's a 405 I was meant to hold off until Xmas for, but I bought a few weeks ago for this race, so I not just about press start & stop and that's it!! I've had similar problems with it and, typically, Sunday was one of few times it's worked to perfection!

Prior to buying though, I did check out an RW gear forum for it and some guy was on there that seemed to know everything. Asking him might be worth a try! Good luck - if it was me, I'd be doing what I could to replace the 6,000 calories I'd lost!!!!! 

• Options
    Now, where to start replacing all those calories - a cream horn, perhaps, or a Michael-Phelps-style breakfast, or three?
  • Options
    Sir C de C - How long do you think it will take you to do this marathon?
  • Options

The photos are starting to go up on Imagesaurus.co.uk. It will probably be Tuesday morning before they are all ready for search and view as it will take a few hours to do.

Alex, the photographer, got his images to me yesterday.

Regards

djb

• Options

Oh! All running ones are now up. There are a few presentation ones to go...

Djb

• Options

Those will be of me trying to make some way against that headwind, then.

Tracey G - I'm not sure, but if you fancy racing me, I'm sure it can be arranged.