Port Talbot harriers

Comments

• SWD - I used to say the same thing! But I also hate the short runs! Eye popping stuff...!!! image
  • Sorry didnt make it this morningimage. was looking forward to putting a first time on a 5k. But had to work they were short staffed.  well  done on all who did raceimage.

Enjoy curry nite. I'll have to keep an eye out for the next one. Missed the post inviting everyone image

Well I wont be out for a few weeks so keep safe and well. Adios image

• PR5 - I know what you mean.Never been the quickest so i`m quite proud of how i`ve done in the 5k.I used to be like a slug playing football.
  • Great to see everybody this morning ... even if for some it was only your backs! Well done to all with PBs. New PB of 19:40 for me.  Reduced my previous best by .... one second.  Still, as Tesco say, "every little helps!"

From the field of 271 runners, huge congrats to the 'alternative' winner of the race (if you look at the age related scores) ... Pinky with 82.55%.  Using those scores, Mr P was 5th with 79.64% and I think I was 7th with 78.81%

SWD - well done on your first sub 20.  You'll be way below that before too long.

PR5 - Yes, 8:30 suits me tomorrow.  Anybody interested in joining us? Usual place - car park at Pontrhydyfen end of AA trail

Glyn G - do you fancy leading us around?

MM & JD - good times guys.

• anyone recieved an email of fetch regarding a breach of security?
    as this is the 2nd 1 i've had today my 1st came from travell lodge,for exactly the same thingimage
  • RB. - a PB is a PB! Nice job. I like this scoring you pointed out with Pinky doing so well...(no change there!) and Mr P as well.
    Off to have 40 winks! Really tired! Must be my age?
  • 40 winks its time to go out now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • 40 winks? I thought you was coming out? lol
  • SWD - Thats fine mate sounds good, see you there... and well done on that sub 20! Happy days! But dont get to good image. Dont worry about the vest, PD had to get XXL.
  • Had my nap and looks like I repeated, I say repeated myself!!

Whats happend to the weather getting better?????

See all in a bit!!

• Hope you all enjoy your night out image

PR5 what day did Mr P say the AGM was on image Ive forgot alreadyimage But we need to let everybody know when its on as a few changers may happen at a high level within the club?

• Well done to everyone today. Gutted couldn't go but I guess I need to listen to my body when its in pain. Foot still sore as well as my right leg. I blame it on pth for being such a fast running club: -)
    Hope everyone enjoys tonight, see you all soon
    P.s well done PR5 awsome time, you were looking fast thursday
  • Hi all great to see everyone on up and up with both race times and enthusiasm. Will try to make tomorrow morning but did tough ten over the wall today. If I can be there in morning ,would be glad to take you on alternative route. TF hope you didn't mind the advice on your injury but been through so many ,thought I'd let you know what I did. Hope to see you guys in morning.
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭

Evening anyone who's not out on the townimage

SWD/ PR5- top running- well done, guysimage

BB- you'll be back before longimage

Paff- welcome backimage

MM61- beat your PB? I know, I checkedimageimage It's a start....

So much for the weather forecast- no paddling today and another soaking on my evening run!image Know now why I'm losing weight- it's not the food, I'm just slowly dissolving in all the rain!image

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    I got problem with fetch tooimage
  • MM61, your like lightning mateimageI said earlier has anyone been compramised on fetch and HWD said about Travelodge and I been done on there too!.
  • Evening JD, im back from townimage
  • JD I am not on the town mate I am having a drink with the wife & yes I will be back soon I was happy with my jog  today no injuries just very unfit & overweight & that can be rectifiedimage

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

I'm hoping so myselfimageimage 12st 6 now..... but going the right wayimage

Off for sweet and sour turkey nowimage

• Morning all hope you all are wellimage

• Morning all image
    Great night last night except the noise from the pub singers in the Indian (DV, paff and the backing singers!) image I think we had the sesiable table! Nice to see so many of the club out and graced with the presence of Mr & Mrs P, Oakey and The team manager CA! And of course our guest MM61.
    MM61 - the bed was loverly and fresh when I got in it last night! - you are nuts not staying!!! Hope you got home ok!
    TF - thanks, not a lover of 5k but glad it's done!
    Off up AA soon with RB, MF & SWD!
  • GG thanks for the advice, much appreciated. This will be firstvweekend in a while I've not run at all.
    Off out in bit to take sponssorship money to horton rnli then off to buy stuff for the marine fish tank
  • Pdiddy - Great night, thanks for organising Paul - must do it more often , great for bonding.

Off to Aberdare now for the round the psark 5 miler now

• PR5/Oakee- Glad you enjoyedimage  It was great to get out with so many of the gang from the club and have a laugh. Its something we will have to do again soon and hopefully pick a date that will suit more of the club who were unable to come along this time.PR5 I have your jacket. 

Oakee/CA- Good luck this morning in Aberdare

MM61- Hope you both got home safely and enjoyed it with the PTH gang

JD- What are you on!  You are flying at the moment?image

• Morning all

Had a good time last night really enjoyed. Gutted I had to leave early not sure what the time was! Great meal, good company and a well deserved drink!

PR5 - we have signed up our next gig U2 want to support us!
  • 16 Miler done 8am this morning, and it was blimmin boilingimage
  • What a beautifull day for running. If I did'nt have a tummy bug I would been out there for a 5k plodimage.

Had a good run yesterday though. I split it up into 3 lap times thanks to FL showing me how to use my garmin.

Lap one was warm with long gradients with a sharp hill. So I did 4.40km in 00:28:19

Lap 2 was flatish with a long downhill and some undulation. So I did 5.76km in 00:31:02

Lap 3 was a cool down of 1.76km in 00:11:14

I seem to be getting back to where I was before I knackered my calves up. But I seem to be going no further than I am at the mo. Maybe I'm not pushing myself hard enough. I certainlly have more to give has my heart shows 143 bpm when I could be hitting 153 to 156bpm at a maximum level. I'm not too worried. Think I need more hill work aswell so Thursdays will need to up the mountain with some of you guys.

Triggerfish - hope you make a speedy recovery with your foot and legimage

• PD glad you all enjoyed last night image

DV I cant believe you went home early image

HWD well run my manimage

nice to see loads up AA this morning I ended up running 5 1/4 mile with no trips slips or falls image

JN sounds like you have a good plan mateimage

• Hi all image

Oakee - (and Colin) - Hope the race went well.

12 miles up AA and covered half the forestry I think with G.Grinder, SWD, MF, RB & FM with 1192m climb! image Lovely views! I think it was part of the beast as well...! My ankles will be knackered for a week!  Well done chaps! Good to see the usual suspects in the car park as well, Mandy, PW, J ayres, Ray & Alan R. BB

G.Grinder - thanks for the route this morning really enjoyed (after when its done!) Will be certain to build some strength in these skinny legs of mine!

HWD - Good effort mate - I think you would have enjoyed with us this morning!

PD - thanks mate for grabbng my coat. Great night and it must have been a pleasure to have me there! Ha! Ha! 

DV - With your singing mate.... dont give up the day job! image

Have a good day all...!!!!