Port Talbot harriers

Comments

• Morning all

MM what race you doing at the W/E I am down the van I could bring my 2st of body fat with me & See if I can leave some of it on the course somewhereimage

PR5 10k is 10k & I know people who would struggle on a down hill course,I for 1 don't like flat a course so my PBs or mainly on undulating courses & in very hot weather for some reason,So you go for it mate.image

FL when is Michelle going for her next run & does she need a fat man to slow her down

My boy has a new song for me (he's fat he's round he bouncers on the ground it's my Dad it's my Dad)

• Morning all image
    BB - Sam won't be singing that in a couple of months to you image although Aberdare was my PB for 10k then it's not my PB at the momment. But it is a fast course to give us a boost.
    Right off to Newport.
    Have a great day and see some of you tonight..!!
  • Hey guys no running for me tonight. what's the best thing to do with becoming a member.shall I bring money and my details tonight and see what mr p wants to do. I can always pop it in his house or someone can keep it in their car til after speedwork
  • BB the race is down west about 40 minutes from Carmarthen,assuming i get back from Gods country on Sat i will be going,and you are more than welcome to have a liftimage
  • Triggerfish - Give it to anyone to give to Mr P should be fine! If you also want to join Welsh Athletics £15 (no obligation) you can get £2 off races.

• AFTERNOON ALLimage

MM your already in gods country you ungratefull little gitimage

PR5,JD,BB bad news for you on the 10k not all races are legal
    back in the early 1990's there was a rhondda 10k predominately downhill i did 35.43 there over a min quicker than my pb but was told it won't b recognise cause of all the downhill
    but gotta agree even though i would love to bag that time as i know never in a 1,000,000 yrs would i do that time on any other coarse,& anyone would agree aber is @least 1min if not 2mins quickerimage

• joys of motoring my arse image

took my sons car 2 get to new tyres while they were doing that i could c he needed new pads & discs
    which they did for me full cost £150 which aint a bad price but when we got home noticed the leek so back to the garage radiator f***ed another £150image

bloomin car only cost £600

now goinna refelt my shed as the roof is thread bare then another chiro sesh,don't know how i had time to run b4image

• well thats me all done in shed refeltedimage back in bits 2hrs double up out back did it the world of good will get my moneys worth out of the chiropractor tomorrow

chicken carbonara on its wayimage

• Evening all

Nice turnout tonight again and yet another new female runner joining us - our women's team are growing!

Mr Ps pyramids tonight but only 80% for me - legs tired! Well done everyone!!

ABU - That's twice you have trained with the club now! any more and your membership will have to go up! image.

MM61 - My car is falling apart as well... one wiper went today. Motor is OK but one of the arms snapped!!! Looks like money to me image

• PR5 looks your a tad tired aswellimage
    i just done 1hr of core exercises now im realy stiff nowimage
  • I am tired and ive done sod allimage May go for a little run before work tomorrow,then up early to York on Thursday to pick up eldestimage
  • aint u been in work playing with your lap topimage

day off for me tomorrowimagejust aswell aint stop for 2 days,did run my round int work to c how things were not bad but nowhere near goodimage

so your leaving gods country thursday morn to rescue david from the devils cauldrenimage

• Eveningimage
    Good to be back at club training, enjoyed the speedwork, legs were heavy before we started, will put it down to last nites run with PR5, always like to give me all in speedwork but legs would not have it 2nite, will not run the day before speedwork from now on
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭

MM61- now you know why the car cost £600imageimage

MM- any chance of me having a lift on Sunday too? Haven't got a clue where the race is!

Nice easy 10m in 1:18 this evening- lovely weather, not too warmimage.

Aubergines, mushrooms, courgettes, peppers  and pasta in a spicy tomato sauce for me tonightimage

• JD even on a newish car you still gotta by tyers & brakes unless you leave it parked up,as for the yes age killed that 1

the race is in hermon stop scronging a lift use your own tyres & brakesimageyou can.t get lost as theres only 1 street there you park int feild opposite a row of houses in that same street

• JD your a very commited runner do you bother with any coare exercisesimagei
    gotta do em but find them hard & very boring

not doing the easy aber 10k then,you will enjoy silver valley nice senic run with a twistimage

• JD R Uvegitarian as you only got veg & pasta tonightimage
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭
    MM61- not vegetarian- just fat!image Seriously, don't eat meat every day. Done Aberdare before- club points in S Valleyimage As for core exercises- not enough (hardly ever) should do, but just don't have timeimage
  • Just heard from Mel that the Coytrahen 3K  is on Sat July 23rd and not as advertised on the Brackla website.

C.G.

• Evening all

Glad you all had a good session this evening, didn't get in from work till late and I ain't run now for a week. Resuming full training next week as I need to shift a few stone! The way I am piling it on I won't be running in age cat but weight division.

Hoping to make the loop on Thursday.
  • Morning all image
    Hope everyone is well.
    Off to Cardiff for another theatre session - earning my shekels this week with all these early starts, no wonder I'm in bed 10pm!
    Have a great day all - enjoy the sunshine!
  • Morning all

MM Haw many miles is the race !0k is my limit at the moment imageenjoy your trip from the land that time forgot to promised landimage

• BB i think its a 10 k but some multi terrain and definately hillsimage

JD you can have a lift  too no probs,will decide what time nearer the day,....have you met BB ?.....you can have a little chat with him on the journey image

• MM I trained with YOU JD & MM61 when i pulled my calf the 1st time image

Hills I need hills don't like them at the moment but need them,image

• PD - happy birthday mate!!
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭

Morning all- the sun is shiningimage

PD- Happy Birthdayimage

14m for me laterimage work firstimage

MM- Yes, I've met BB a few times. How many times are you planning on going round on Sunday?image

Have a good one, everybodyimage

• PD Happy Birthdayimage

JD forgot youd met BB,but you can have a chat anywayimage I am hopefully  going round once but if you want to go around twice we will wait for youimage Enjoy your 14 miler,looks like your marathon training has started tooimage

• PD - Happy Birthday!

Got back late from London last night.  Were due to see Paul Simon at Hammersmith Apollo yesterday but it was cancelled as we were on the way to the venue image (he's not well apparently) Got home late and tired.  Fortunately, we'd already had a couple of days with our kids who live there.

Off out for a few miles shortly.

• Morning all!

PD - Penblwydd Hapus! image

Had a fab session last night again feeling super lately image went home and did some leg strengthening exercises too - they are a tad sore today image looking forward to training tomorrow already.

Who's heading where Sunday?? Need to climb up to a half mara distance ready to have a go at the club half in August! image determined I am cuz I loves running I does image

• My feet seem a little better today. Hopefully I'll be able to run a little on the weekend.

Happy birthday Pd