Port Talbot harriers

Comments

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

MM61- How much rest? As much as it takes! Probably quite a lot more than it's had!!image

On the pensions front, a nice quotation from Private Eye:

"6,162,000- The number of Public sector workers (civil servants, local government workers, NHS staff, members of the armed forces, teachers, police, firefighters, judicial and atomic workers) who the government proposes should lose their final salary pension schemes and move to career-average schemes.

650- The number of Public sector workers (MPs) who the government is not proposing should lose their final salary pension schemes and move to career-average schemes."
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭

June Monthly stats:

mileage= 314.36, time= 42:43:33, races= 6, pbs=6image, weight= minus 15lbsimage

Start my 12 week mara plan next weekimageimage

• jason djason d ✭✭✭
    Good to see athletics back on tvimage (BBC3 - on now)
  • Evening all

Well what a shite run, really could not be asked tonight. Don't know what's the matter just can not seem to get into at the moment.

Well done everyone else.
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭
    DV- chin up, mate- we all have themimage Normally before a really good run the following timeimage
  • JD forgot my desert

neopolitan ice cream topped with bananaimage

JD we been reduced from a final salary 2 a career defined 1 & our poxy union as excepted it
    they can please thier self i won't doing the rounds till i'm 66image

did a run today as i'm fed up with the chiro asking how is it now cause the answer allways is i don't
    know?so now i can tell i did 3 miles & it really hurtsimage

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

MM61- they want us to: 1. accept a change from RPI to CPI (a cut), 2. contribute 50% moreimage and 3. work until 68. Can't imagine teaching a class of 15 year olds when I'm 67image. Oh, and they've already frozen our salary for 2 yearsimage. I actually know of people who are considering leaving the pension scheme if it changes because they simply won't be able to afford the contributions- around an extra £90 per month. But, of course, that would be disastrous for them long term  

Anyway, lets talk about runningimageimageimage. Did you see the men's 5000m? How can you run 5k in under 13 minutes????image

• Another nice turnout tonight with the nice weather - really enjoyed image

DV - Chin up mate you were out there that's what matters!

ABU - Glad you made it out! You are doing well for a new boy image 

C.Hunt4 - Good to see you again and very consistent... well done! You and JR were going well along the beach.

JR - Looking stronger all the time, well done. You and C.Hunt4 can really work off other!

SWD - I am sure and confident that knee will settle and you seem to be doing the right thing by easing back. 

CG - Hope the calf is ok image   

JD -Well done mate a good month for everything for you!! Happy days!!

MM61 - Dont worry about bugs they are all around us and we are exposed to them every day dont worry!! 

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

PR5- cheers. Glad you enjoyed your runimage

Made a mistake with the calendar- 12 week plan doesn't actually start until July 18th. Bit twitchy about this, but been advised to try the shorter build up this time....image another couple of weeks of fun racesimage

• JD - Well done you! I love running with the club its great to see everyone else enjoying and working hard as well. Its a mad world when everyone except the PMs have to "tighten their belts" They are rotten! and that was shown with the expenses scandal...!  image DONT GET ME STARTED!!!!
  • JD & PR5 - cheers I know I will be ok its just can't seem to get any get up and go at the moment.
  • Eveningimage
    First run of the year for me on the summer loop, defo the new boy PR5, well I need the tempo runs with the club as my tempo runs are not as fast, so look out I will be back for more;)

DV, I have been feeling the same since VLM, just feel tired all the time, and I find that I have nothing to train for now that the marathons behind me, just be positive and stick at it and training with the club will get the best out of us;)

I LOVES HAVING A WHINGE I DOES!image
  • Evening all

PD - Happy Birthday for yesterday mate.Hope you had a good one image

LTS - Hope you sort out your injury problems.For us runners it`s our worst nightmare image Hopefully you will come back fitter and stronger image

DV - It`s the post marathon blues.Try and set yourself a target so you got something to focus on.Hopefully that will get you back on track image 

PR5 - Hope so.As i said it`s not the knee itself it`s behind the knee.I got the feeling it maybe the tendon now.Never mind i will find out tomorrow.Good luck in the race Sunday(wish i was racing it with u) and hopefully you will get that sub 38.Hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

JD - Sounds like you had a cracking June.Good running mate keep it going image

• ABU - I think your being a bit harsh on yourself.You soon be back to your best and even better.It`s hard training on your own i know cos i`ve done it for a year.Come October hopefully you will bang a new PB in the Cardiff Half(just make sure you got it off image )

Right i`m off to bed.Fingers crossed that i get the all clear to keep running.Gut feeling is that i could have to at least rest it for a couple of weeks but tbh if it clears it up i will take that!

Night all image

• Well done to all on the club loop, these late shifts are P***g me offimage

Hope to get back to club training soon, going to do Aberdare 10K this weekend with PR5 and Tosh. Anyone else up for this?

DV- Youll be back soon, just find a race to focus for.

LTS- Speak soon, but as we were saying the weekend maybe you need at least a week rest to try and shake it off. Hate telling runners not to run but I know that you are desperate to get back to form and it may be only way now. image

• Morning all image
    Head cold still hanging around! image hope it's better for Aber the weekend!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • PR5 - hope you feel better soon - 'fraid you may have caught it off me in the car last weekend? image did you find my hat in the end?  you dont have to wash it!!

What has CG done to his calf??

DV - just look at how strong you looked in your llanelli 1/2 photos (& you were carrying your shin injury too).....you can do it! perhaps enter a 1/2 in the autumn?

SWD - cheers mate. Been injured about 80% of this year, it is v frustrating as I was hoping to do lots of scalping this year & had my sights set on great things, in particular winning the championship. That may never happen now, as other things planned in future apart from running image

Thanks PD & I'm looking forward to massage next week. I honestly have rested a heck of a lot this year - am in danger of getting fat if I exercise any less!! Weekly mileage not even hit 35 this year image

Off for a few days to Newbury later, going to pack my trainers just in case, but no running til Monday.

Have a good weekend all & good luck to those running sunday.

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

Morning allimage

Nice 4m slow run in the sun this morning. School Sports Day today. I'll be in charge of the high jump this morning and avoiding the staff team for the 4x100m this afternoonimage

• Morning All!

LTS - Hope these injuries resolve themselves soon! Being injured SUCKS! xx

DV - At least you completed it and that shows determination even if you didn't feel like it went well - keep going you know I've been there and you pulled me through that 14 miler before remember!!

PR5 - thanks buddy - C.Hunt4 is a very good runner and you are right we'll be good together in terms of a bit of healthy competitiveness! and yes I am feeling uber strong atm and am hoping to pull my 8.26mm average atm to 8mm!

Have a great day all and well done to everyone else on the loop/mountain run last night image

• Morningimage
    5mile recovery for me this morning, got it done while I waited for me car to have it's mot done, legs were heavy after last nites run which was expected. Mileage for the week is 30 miles, I don't get that many in for mara training, just goes to show work does get in the way of running, another week off so more milesimage

SWD, Would be great to enter Cardiff half, got to up me training first;)
  • s3tjjs3tjj ✭✭✭

Morning to you all

JD - great stats for June, wish I could do 50% of your mileage!

MM - Saw your WAVA on fetch site - superb effort in felinfach last friday.

Did bwlchygroes mt 10k last night. Terrific event.  Really pleased with time and position. Weekend off for me I think as got Taf tri on the 9th - the bike and running should be ok but not sure about the canoeing from st clears to laugharne!image

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend.

• JD they change our pension from a final salary 2 a cp but protected the final salary upto 2008 after that it switched to cpi also raised the retirement age to 65 from 60 but u can go from 55 for a reduced penshon i will be out of there by then dont care how reduced it is i've done 25yrs & had a tit full & thats both titsimage

they can run a sub 13min 5k cause they brought up on no food or waterimage
    by the way y do u think i'm allways dark skined perhaps theres something in thatimage

PR5 get started on politics it really gets my goat

• JD they change our pension from a final salary 2 a career definted the final salary upto 2008 after that it switched to cdalso raised the retirement age to 65 from 60 but u can go from 55 for a reduced penshon i will be out of there by then dont care how reduced it is i've done 25yrs & had a tit full & thats both titsimage

they can run a sub 13min 5k cause they brought up on no food or waterimage
    by the way y do u think i'm allways dark skined perhaps theres something in thatimage

PR5 get started on politics it really gets my goat

• Greetings from Yorkimage

Well and truly knackered after yesterdays long drive and todays cleaning and clearing a student house,crumbs they are messy so and so's . But on the brightside we are going out for a slap up meal in a moimage JD and BB i dont think i will be racing on Sunday will be too tired after tomorrow s driveimage

• MM greetings from gods countryimage

who's paying for this slap up mealimage

southern fried chicken ,salad,& garlic breadimage

• Evening all image Nice very steady 5 miles with my daughters boyfriend!

MM - Relax and enjoy!

MM61 - My father has always said for as long as I can remember (he is 85 now) it does not matter who is in power red or blue, the working man will always pay! so True. I hate the lot of them!!! image

Going to light the barbcue - well it is summer! image (charcoal of course no gas!).

• PR5 enjoy the barbie mate bit late 2 be stoaking up the sun as gone in for the niteimage

well @least your old man was old enough to see the last brit man win wimbledonimage

• jason djason d ✭✭✭

MM- too knackered? It's only 10kimageimage

S3- great result for you yesterday, mate. Well doneimage

Didn't avoid the 4 x100 today- got to run the first leg- felt old and slow- even more than normal I meanimage

4m this morning, no running this evening cos Mrs JD out and me and jd having some quality timeimage 

• Evening all image

Just got back from the physio.Turns out it`s my hamstring which has been causing all the bother.I was very lucky because if i carried on i would of torn it.Missing speedwork Tuesday was a very smart move.

There is some tissue damage but the good news is i can keep running but i`ve been told to take it slow image Rather that than not run at all i suppose.I can`t believe i`ve run 2 5k races with this injury and it hasn`t gone!Been carrying the injury for just over a month now.How i avoided serious injury i never know.Very lucky indeed!

• hi all

ABU 30miles is more then i am doing i have only done 16m this week but will be running tomorrow and i am doing about 20/30m a week now but doing a lot more boxing and gym workimagelooking to put on about 1.1/2 st .

so with all the boxing i am doing and not a lot of running all you lot should kick my buttimagenow is the time to do it

is anyone running tomorrow morning?

pd5 and pd have a good 1 on sunday i will not be there going out on sat night for the boxing