Options

Abingdon Marathon

1767778798082»

Comments

• Options

I've just come back from working in Sussex, OBL.

It's as flat as a pancake.

Have a great time, and I hope you go sub 3.

• Options

Thanks Rich and Blisters. I am definitely going for sub 3 (days). I've packed a head torch in case the nights are really dark, my main concern is not seeing the cliff edge!

My physiotherapist will have a fit this morning when I tell her I am doing it, but I honestly think she has worked her magic on me.  I hope everyone else has recovered well from Abingdon and are looking forward to their next run.

• Options
    just  got on computer they missed me of results 4hr 6 min 52 sec bit peed as it great put s a bit of downer on it       great to run with mick n phil    no 631
  • Options
    Still buzzing from a top race. The Fetchpoint was superb, and really gave me something to look forward to on both laps, thanks Rich K for the photos. I enjoyed this probably more than FLM - It must be the magic of the distance and the flawless organisation that makes it such a special event. Gotta get the legs ready for a quick half at Riverside now... 
  • Options
    Chidge I started to crumple from 22 onwards so you may have been one of the many who passed me later. Finished in 3:12/13ish
  • Options

26 - Worksop HM

November

2 - Stevenage HM -

9 - Rugby 10

16 - St Neots HM

23 - Clowne HM

December

7 - Luton FM

14 - Bedford HM

• Options

OK Chaps and chapesses.

Results are in.

Photos are up.

Recovery sorted.

Back in training.

Next races are being targetted.

I'm off, see you all next year!

• Options

great pictures RichK, I've just looked on fetch for a t-shirt so you can recognise me in future and they've got none in my size !!

always makes me laugh how i gradually look worse at the races continues, especially the way I look more and more bald on top as my hair gets wet !! heheh!!

echo blisters post, back in training looking forward to some more races and in particular getting another PB at Abingdon next year.

will no doubt meet up/ chat with you all at other races..got my Brass Monkey application in already, and the chevin chase on boxing day, se you all there

cheers

beder

• Options

postie postie - if we were level at say 18 miles then your 3:12 against my 3:19 suggests we have different definitions of crumpled!!!!

i keep trying to sign off this thread but dont seem able to let go - will try to make this the final post. 

• Options
    I'm off now so see you all next year?
  • Options
    Rich K - Great photo's Rich, thanks very much. Sorry, took a few moments to recognise you when I ran past, think I was going through a tough patch!