Sevenoaks Seven

Comments

•  Thanks Scotty

The more I think about it the more it makes sense to do it.

Are you a member of Sevenokas AC ?

I am thinking of joining a club and have looked at both Tonbridge AC and Sevenoaks AC.

Tonbridge seems to be more track racing and dont apear to have organised road/distance training.

Sevenoaks do have runs on Tuesdays and Sundays as far as I can see although getting to Sevenoaks school by 7.00pm on a tuesday may ba an issue as I work in the city. 

Maybe i'll find some members to chat to on the day of the Seveoaks 7 if I decide to do it.

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Tommy - It took me 1:20 last year, that was because I had recently given blood and I was not last.
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    Finally entered Tracey, see you there.  Hope my legs are in working order after the stratford marathon image, who knows, if not it'll be a lovely walk in the park instead
  • CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Hi all.  Did the 5k last November but that was before little man arrived so a question.....how do you get a pushchair to the start  if Mr C comes along to spectate, I remember a long muddy path which wouldn't be that clever!
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭

Cinders,
    The walk directly from the race HQ is a bit impractical. From the swimming pool car park off Buckhurst Lane, there's a winding path through the Environmental Park which will take you down to the kissing gate a couple of 100 metres from the Start. This avoids the really steep hill (but quicker route) that runs down from the top corner of the car park.

After the Start the best spectating point would be somewhere around the back end of Knole house which we pass twice.

• CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    That's what I thought Scotty, slithered down that path in November.  Might give it a miss till next year when little man may be on his feet!
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

You can't use that as an excuse Cinders, you slithered down the really steep one last year, the other ones more....erm.... meandering image.  And if I remember rightly theres a play park there.  Buttons wont be able to play but hubby could  have a go on the slide image.

Tommygun, missed you there.   I'll run with you if you enter, hows the puffing going??? Just chatted to Clyde on the other thread but he's changed his name.

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Scotty - is the main entrance to the car park by the house open on race day? If not Cinders I will get Bernard to help you with the pushchair, he is an expert in on road with pushchairs.

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Cinder - This race is good practice for Kent half image 
  • Any idea when the numbers are posted out? Plotted the route on mapmyrun, so will have a couple of trial efforts before race day
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Tracey, yes the main entrance is open. For Cinders OH it's Ideal if you want to avoid the grass/mud completely. If you are walking and you have the time/inclination you can follow the road around to near the house before taking a left trun onto the footpath that will lead you down hill toward the Start.
    I think it costs a fair bit though to take your car in.
  • Hi Sunluvr

I have decided to enter this event and just see how it goes. It will give me something to focus on instead of just running for the sake of it.  

My initial reason for running was to lose some weight but I seem to have got the bug and am now looking to do a half marathon in the next few months with a marthon in the autum.

It would be nice to have someone to run with, so I will take you up on the offer.

I suspect that even with a marathon in your legs I will stuggle to keep up. image

Wilbury, I thought about running the course before hand but have decided that it may put me off so I'll just stick to putting in some miles instead and try and do a few hills.

Tom

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Hi Tommy, how about the Hastings 100th Anniversary marathon in December.  Theres a group of forumites doing it.  Its a unique one off race, last time it was ran was 1908 and it won't be run again, well not in our lifetimes.  It would be a really special one to have as your 1st marathon and the extra few months training will really pay off.

See Cinders, you can't get out of it however hard you try image.

• Sun

Thinking about it.............................................................................................................................................

............................................................................................................................................................................ 

........................................................................................................................................Ok

It looks as though it may be getting full so I will send entry tomorrow.

This wil give me a real target.

What am I doing!!!!!!!!!!!image

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Scotty - It is £5 to park in Knole Park. We went there the day before Paddock Wood half marathon and we parked in the car park.
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    Wayhey Tommy G, go for it!!!!  Why not enter online today - nowish would be a good time image.
  • LETS JUST see how i get on at the 7oaks seven

i hve had a good day did 5 miles in 48mins so i'll take it fromt here. Have brought some light coloulerd t-shirts so i don't get runover as I had aclose shave the other night!!!!!

I will enter the Hasting cenentinary race anyway

Tomorrow i have LSR Lined up so will try 7- 8 miles prob at 11 - 10 mins / mile

Anyhoo hope you are well best of luck for the strattfod marathon

tom

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    I doubt if I'll be running with you in 7oaks, you're too fast for me image.  Did a lovely 6 muddy miles round haysden this morning with the doggies.  I'll do about 5 tuesday, 6 wednesday and probably 3 miles friday then stratford sunday.  I've got to concentrate on getting round the 1st 1/2 in under 2.25 as they've got a cut off time, bit stupid really as the marathon cut off is 6 hours so the 2 times dont relate.  Lets just say I've paid for a marathon and I shall be running one whatever the marshalls say.  I'll just pretend I've been to the loo and get back on the course.
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Sunluvva - you have two weeks to get over your marathon. I did a 10k race 8 days after my first Beachy Head.
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

I'm just a slow runner Tracey, marathon or not!

I'm averaging 11mm at the moment but that gets slower the further I go or if I hit  any hills.  That'll be the fags image.

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    If I park in the leisure centre car park and go down the same alley I went down for the 5k, will I be anywhere near the start?????
  • Scotty4Scotty4 ✭✭✭
    Yes, but turn left instead of rightimage
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    Cheers Scotty, I'll find it image
  • Hi Guys

I managed 7.5 miles yesterday in 74 mins so at least I know I can do the distance.

Mind you that was on a pretty flatish course around Hayesden and Leigh.

My legs are pretty stiff this morning.image

Quite looking forward to it now although I suspect I will get nervous nearer the time.

Tom

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    Did you run through Haysden park TG, I might have passed you, blonde, covered in mud with 2 greyhounds, not easy to miss image
  • Not unless you were there all day!!!

I didn't run until 4.00ish, there were a lot of people about though, saw a few people I new who looked in astonishment at me running especialy the couple who saw me at the beginning of my run in Hildenborough and then saw me running around the lake. They drove there I ran thereimage

Tom

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    No, done and dusted way before then.  Makes you feel good when that happens 
  • Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Boing.

I got a new 5k pb on Fridayimage. I am looking at get a new 7 mile pb to go with it image

• ..talking of Hildy, as sonmone was a couple of messages ago, does anyone know why they're not holding the traditional Mayday Bank Holiday 5 and 10 mile races at Hildenborough cricket ground next week?

I've done these the last five years, but see they're not on this year, and I wondered if that is it for good, or they're just missing this year.

• Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Morning Snoop Dogg