Options

Running on the beach

Just had to share...even though you'll all throw things at me.  After a tough few months at work, I've been working in South Carolina this week.  I've run on the beach 4 days, in shorts and t-shirt, no winter kit needed.

SUNSHINE!!

Comments

• Options
    SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Blissful memories H, its hard work running on sand but if you take in the view, sea, palm trees etc the pain lessens.  Dont forget to slap on the sunscreen image.

Enjoy

• Options

Weather we have been having down here, beaches and coast paths have been quite nice

Although I havent quite graduated to shorts and t-shit - and there are no palm trees

Enjoy it while you can!!

• Options

We shall run on to the end, we shall run in the FLM, we shall run on some 10k's and 5k's, we shall run with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our pb's, whatever the cost may be, we shall run on the beaches, we shall run on the landing grounds, we shall run in the fields and in the streets, we shall run in the hills; we shall never walk, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were blown-up and dehydrated, then our Empire beyond the seas, clothed and shod by the firms such as Saucony and Adidas, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."

• Options

WA has been drinking ? image

I have to run mid beach. Too close to the waves and the sand is a bit quicksandy. Too close to the shore and the sand is soft and you sink. Mid beach is damp and hard............ perfect.

My last run was in a storm and the waves were hitting me before I reached the beach. About 50ft from the sea wall the waves started hitting image  That is nearly as good as running in the sun in my mind

• Options

lol MrsPig...it was the day it chucked it down with rain that first got me to the beach image ...I love running in the rain and thought it might make the sand firm enough....then I found out mid-beach for myself.

Today I ran barefoot in the waves....I'm calling it good training for picking up my feet...but really it was a childish paddle for 20 minutesimage

• Options

I've gone running on the beaches where I live, but running on shingle is not much fun.

Its even less fun when you have to dodge cider bottles, dead fish and hypodermics as well as stoned tweenagers who go straight from bananas in pyjamas to grass in rizlas.

• Options
    Chris.52Chris.52 ✭✭✭

Barefoot on the beach is even better if you choose your beach wisely. It was trying to run in about 3" of water that convinced me I wasn't as good as I thought at picking my feet up - soaked in about 10 steps!

• Options
    Good for you, Hecke!image