CALDERVALE COUNTRY 10 MILE

2»

Comments

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    OK, I admit defeat - over to the satnavs
  • SS thanks for asking...........................the thighs feel a bit sore but everything else is fine.

Rest today.

It started with calculators now it`s satnav...........the rise of  the machines is upon us. image

• SWITTLE - THANKYOU VERY MUCH

see you there friday

• Sore Shins - I did absolutely none of the organising for NYC, I went as part of a team and someone else was very firmly in charge (which was in fact a bone of contention throughout the trip but I won't go into that here).  It's a fantastic event though, I'd love to do it properly one day (as part of the team thing I ran it about 3 hours slower than my normal pace).
  • Thanks everyone - got maps, got address with postcode, hopefully get there on time.

Hoping weather remains reasonable.

I will be another one looking forward to the cakes at the end - something to focus on, especially up those hills we keep hearing about.

• can anyone tell me were this is i have enterd online and i am hoping i can pick up my number up when i get their.  Please can someone give me directions or an address i am am coming from wigan.  I post code would be fantastic !!!!! thank you

• Just look back a few postings new girl on the blocks (why dint u pick a shorter name?) and u will find the post code,

image SM

• SM always there to help. image
  • I've decided to try this, I am going to enter on the day....if I find it ok!  I couldn't find last year's results, so I am wondering what the slowest time was...to gauge if I might be last!  Does anyone know?
  • I am looking forward to meeting you swittle a true gentleman.

• just back from a 10 mile recovery / training run after Ackworth - felt ok

already arranged my beers for friday night after the race.....

see you all Friday

• I've just done a short one tonight - a 3 mile time trial with my club.  I did 8 yesterday though so think my legs will be fine after Spen.

You pick online entries up on the day apparently.]

I'm not sure what I'm doing after the race, heading up to the Lakes eventually but possibly not in a huge rush to get off at the end (although if there's a pub showing the Saints Wigan match I may be making a beeline for it).

I'll be the one in the purple Kirkstall Harriers top if you spot me.

• I'll have to skip it. I have an upset stomach since Monday and I know from experience that a tough run on a cold day won't help. Maybe next year.
  • Ah well guys it looks like the weather is conspiring against us.

mmmmmmmmmmmimage as I am entering on the day I may be tempted not to bother if it is like this.

But I don`t like chickening out.

But I don`t like getting rain and wind swept........could be a moral dilemma for SM. image

• Hello - could anyone please tell me where we need to go tomorrow? The only thing I know is that it takes place in Preston, but I don't know anything else. I'm assuming we pick up our numbers beforehand at the site??? Please help...

Thanks,
    Kat
  • Hi Switle, thanks for posting link to results.  I might give it a bash, although I will be at the back of the field!  But then someone has to be, don't they!  See you tomorrow....LL
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Kat - post 30 above gives you a postcode if you've got satnav; earlier I put up some rough directions: from Preston on the A6 towards Garstang and check for a right turn just before a garage. from there, it's a rural drive to Calder Vale - keep a beady eye out for signposts. parking in a field - could be a tad on the boggy side

Run bravely, Lindie Loo - sense of achievement is not on sale in any shop image

i'll be leaving you all to it tomorrow - called over to W. Yorkshire on family business

Enjoy the event - probably worth 12 miles on the flat image
  • postcode for satnav of the organiser

PR3 1SJ

see you tomorrow come what may

80mins target max - 74 to beat PB but sounds hilly and hard so i'll settle for 80mins

• Swittle - Thank you very much image.

Kat
  • If you see a guy who looks more like a clown than a runner with a red cross and a hat come and say hello to SM. I will remember you from the forum image

Good luck guys.

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Good luck, SM. May the hills pass as quickly as you run image
  • tHE GODS ARE WITH US THE WEATHER IS GREAT HURRAY LETS HOPE THE WIND IS BEHIND US ON THEM HILLS

• I warned you it was a toughy.

I just took my time today and had the luxury of being able to step up a gear from mile 7.....but think I just left it a mile too late.

It was good though and hello Tracy Y (K) and thanks for putting up with SM`s mental banter.

I dint knowingly see any of you guys but hope you enjoyed the race.

image  Right what next...................................??image

• results not up yet - sheesh.....

garmin timed me at 76mins so well chuffed with that.

how did everybodyelse do compared to target

miles 6 - 8 were tough but i still maintain Guy Fawkes 10 is a bigger killer

next for me is the Wilmsolw 1/2 on the 30/3 the the Coniston 14 on 5/4

• Well sorry I dint meet you mate but in general I don`t think this is the friendliest race by any means.

Too many serious runners but I hasten to add not all unfriendly.

I love the course and the scenery ......and can even put up with Brian Porters bull shit (just kidding mate image)

I dint do a good a good time because I was in good company but if I had tried  I think I could have beat you SS.

• Hi all, not sure if I saw any of you guys, but really enjoyed it ...!  I managed 96 mins, which I was more than happy with.  Not a PB for a 10 miler, but by far the toughest I have done on the road.  I felt demoralised between miles 4 and 7,but picked up again thanks to tail wind and down hill image!

All in all, a great race, and I wasn't last which is always a bonus!! 

Any of you guys doing the Coniston 14?    LL

• I'm doing Coniston. Another tough one I think but scenic. Let's hope it's warmer and less windy by then.
  • My calfs are killing me after Friday but i pushed a bit hard so soon after the Barcelona Marathon but the weather was not all that bad i didnt get a Pb for that course but hopefully be back flying along by the time coniston comes around.
  • I'm back, it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it might be after the tales of hills on here.  I was quite worried at the start when I was chatting to someone.  She asked whether I'd done it before.  I said no.  She said in a doom-laden voice "do you like hills?".  Mind you, having said it could have been worse, I'm not sure I was saying that on that steep bit just after the first water station, or the last uphill at about 8 miles!  The worst about that was the way you could see it coming...

Anyway,  I managed a 10 mile PB by about 7 minutes which probably says more about the other 10 mile races I've done than anything - I've done a faster pace per mile in halves, but they've been flatter which is my excuse.

And the good news is I found the cakes and treated myself to one.  OK, two  image