Baildon Boundary Way - how's training going ?

2»

Comments

• Well that was fun... and managed to take in some of the landmarks that had been chopped from this years Guiseley Gallop.

The weather stayed fine long enough for the race - and it didn't feel too cold when running.

Roll on Meanwood Valley to complete the triple... 

(and you're right swittle - the difficulties surrounding the Liverpool Half pretty well covered in that forum)  

• PodroPodro ✭✭✭

Cracking race that. First time I've done it because I've always been to late in getting my entry in. Took it slow for the first half because I'm doing London next week then wound the pace up for the second half to finish in 1:38:32 -ish.

Great marshalling on the road crossings by the Baildon folk. Very well organised altogether I thought.

• Great to hear your updates.  I was well happy with the weather after nearly freezing my wotsits off when first getting out of the car.  Good run for me, knocked 7 mins off last year to 1.53 - you must have been going some Podro !

I do enoy this 'bit of everything' race !

• Was my first time - back in 1:58 and pleased as the course was not easy - especially the energy-sapping bogland...

1:38 is outstanding for this sort of race Podro - I must admire your bravery running off-road with only a week to go to London, I'd be terrified of running for the bus in case I twisted an ankle.

• PodroPodro ✭✭✭
    I prefer running off-road to the road. It isn't as hard on the legs. My real worry is whether I'll be able to do justice to the Three Peaks only 2 weeks after London.
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    This was a grand day out and no mistake. Baildon Runners' impeccable marshalling, organisation and waymarking gave runners real confidence and this is borne out by some oustanding performances here.

The weather was perfect and the trot down to the start made for an ideal warm up. The slog up to Tong War Memorial perhaps wasn't the ideal start image but I took it steady for 4 miles, waiting for my pal to join me. When it was clear she was running her own race, I picked up the pace and enjoyed fine company along the canal, chatting to eat up the miles.

The Glen was a real challenge and the moorland compounded that, although I felt strong and picked up a few places. 2:07, rather longer than my 1:39 in 2004 - the yearstake their toll....

Great running, WP, podro and MDE - I think I saw you in the middle distance image
  • Briliant race albeit a tad on the cold side.

Managed 1:49 so not quite a PW!

Have to say this has to be one of the best marshalled races I've run, so a big thank you to the Baildon Runners. As for Bogland! I ended up knee deep at one point lol

• Race photos are now up and availanle for download! image

Just click on the link below.

http://www.sleepmonsters.co.uk/photoshop.php?basket_ID=1207612326&event_id=6323

If your race number was visible you can try typing it into the search box to find your photos. If not you can search through the folders which are organised into the time of passing me at the various locations on the course.

Hope you enjoy the photos! So glad the weather held off! It made for some great lighting with the storm clouds and sunshine combo.

• PodroPodro ✭✭✭

Nice photos Paul. I have to say that I don't remember seeing you, particularly at the 13 mile point. I was clearly very focussed on finishing image

• Thanks Podro! I missed a few of the first runners to finish at the 13 mile point. If that includes you, sorry for that. Hopefully I'll have captured you on the canal towpath if that's that case.
  • Good photos Paul - and sensibly-priced too image

You must have been wearing an invisibility cloak? I was looking out for the 'smile' sign and would have done just that if I'd seen one (and probably tried for a more athletic pose) - instead you got the usual half marathon grimace lol

• PodroPodro ✭✭✭
    You got my photo OK Paul - I just didn't see you at all.
  • Thanks for your kind comments.image

Yeah, I was late getting to the finish area and didn't have time to put up the sign which was a shame. A lot of people were concentrating on placing tired legs over some tricky ground and must have missed seeing me? Still, I guess it gives a more natural looking shot. image

• As usual, a run that leqaves me cursing during but buzzing afterwards! 

Looks like I should have slowed down a touch at the end if I wanted to get my pic taken - you just missed me over the top there, though you took a lovely snap of me on the canal. Maybe it's a good thing I avoided you at the end - that final hill always leave me feeling (and presumably looking) a bit queasy.

I take it it wasn't you at the top of the climb over the moor at around the 10 mile point Paul? There were a couple of photographers there too - a particularly evil spot to pick I thought!

• Hi Lee

No, i never made it to the moor top exept the last bit just before the 13 Mile point. I thought about it but didn't have time to get there. I wasn't expecting you guys to get round so quickly with it being quite hilly. Impresive stuff!

Nice Mr Ben Pic by the way!