Tube Help

I'm staying i a hotel near the Westminster tube station, so I've looked at the route planner thing, which tells me to take the Jubilee Line to London Bridge, then take the Southeastern towards Blackheath.

What is this 'Southwestern' thing? I'm assuming it's a train, but is this really the best way to get there, or should I get the tube/DLR to Greenwich? Aaaaargh!!!

Comments

• NykieNykie ✭✭✭
    Oh, I'm at the red start...
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

OK - don't panic!

Best bet would be to walk to Charing Cross BR Main Line station (ie not tube) if possible - that's where the trains start from so easier to get on. If you're near Westminster tube, then all you have to do is walk down Whitehall to Trafalgar Square and it's just off there - follow signs/people with kitbags!

If you want to use the route you mention , then it is jubilee line on the tube, then at London Bridge you leave the tube and go up to the BR Mainline station (follow signs - literally up the stairs) where there are services to greenwich (with southeastern trains - but that's not a key fact)

hope that helps?

• SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Yep, Southeastern is the train company.  Get the train to Blackheath and walk up to Red Start.
  • GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

think the official advice for red start is greenwich station but as Sezz (resident flm expert!) says - Blackheath will do just as well and has the advantage of not involving walking up a hill to the start.

• NykieNykie ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice people! I was like this last year and had absolutely no problem getting there. Panicking for nothing is what I'm good at image