WELSH RUNNERS!!!

Comments

• I'm born and breed in Wales and was wondering if I count as I live in North Wales and I'm not sure if the Welsh assembly know were that is.......I'm not bitter honestly...image
  • I should be doing the Castles again this year for Bridgend. I think tthis will be about th fifteenth time for me, no idea what leg I will have yet, hopefully not a Kings stage but one of the next hardest no doubt.

Really look forward to this event, one of the highlights of the year.

• Good god how did I get on the list....a magic Welsh fairyimage
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Ah i have just skimmed the thread....thanks Namimage
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I was trying to think of all the Welshies I knew and you were on that list. image
  • i am a welsh man in port talbot  not a lot left nowimage
  • Poppy the name and the fact you work in a running shop, give it away a little bit.

How are you these days?

• WP is the hub of Welsh RW Forum !

Blimey Scabbie - 15 Castles ?  Hard core...Best of luck to you, mad Mark and anyone else doing this year.   This is such a special event - I may be a little biased though...

Stephen - a bit harsh.  I've heard that the Assembly like N.Wales so much they are thinking of relocating Snowdon etc  'nearer to home' (shifting the lot to the Brecon Beacons ??)

• Aaaaah bless Tim you are  a sweetheartimage
    How are things with you not seen you in a very long timeimage

Pizza- I think you could be right thereimage

I am okay finally recovering from 3 broken ribs and back problems due to an accident in work and back training as of last week.

How are you?

Planning any races?

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Blimey Poppy... image

Hope you feel better now.

• Da bore .

He says in his bestist west country accent.

• West country or west wales country accent?

OLT do you need marshals or any admin/back up for Castles?

• WP - you been fighting again ?!     

Apols, it sounds horrific - what happened ?   Deepest sympathies - I cracked a couple of ribs a few weeks ago whilst running - I tripped on a root and was overcome by gravity before being assaulted by  nice bumpy ground.  Thinking of taking legal action against mother nature and have been swearing ever since - especially when I sneeze !    I did this whilst recovering from an ankle injury which followed a long standing problem with a hamstring, achiles (etc etc..).

Its really great being fit...

Thanks Tri Taffia !  Organisng the marshalling for this race is pretty horrific - there is quite a tight and well versed schedule though with clubs/teams taking part being allocated sections of the race to cover, and 3 'race gangs' from Les Croups + elsewhere taking care of the start/finish/timing arrangements for each of the 20 stages.  If keen, e-mail the organisers aka the web site

(

• I dont think there could be any confusion regarding my origins,thinking about it you never replied to my PM you ingnorant sod !!image

• Nam

Thank you I am still a little tender blimming things takes forever to heal and felt like an old woman!

Tim

Yes You know me I so like a little fight...notimage

Are you my twin Brother?

I was coming out of my office door when they had left boxes and boxes of locks on floor and pulled a worktable out it had a piece sticking out....so narrow walk way caught foot on tabl;e and smack down I went on a concrete floorimage could not get up for 20 mins bashed head and broke 3 ribs...coughing/laughing/sneezing no fun at all and to see me roll on and off bed a joke even getting in and out of bath a nightmare.....This after only been running and training well for 6 months as I had just come out of a 2.5 year hell with achilles!!......then after ribs started to heal my back had gone and hamstrings and glutes etc etc so only got all clear from Osteo last week and back still tender....But I wont complain at least managed a 31 mile week last week woo hooimageimageimage

So sorry to hear about your similar woes and injuries...how are the ribs?.......what I found was tie a scarf around ribs seemed to help ease pain when sneezing/coughing...painkillers are your best friend...till you try to come off them then the migraines start.

Oh yes being fit is fantastic!!

Where are you with recovery?

anything targeted this year?

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Jeez WP! sorry to hear that. Sods law that happened after the achillies had begun to heal (no pun intended). Now that you are an "an old lady"(imageyour words not mine) will you be taking part in the Welsh Masters this year?

OFT, you as well, falling after recovering from a running injury, I hope it's not contagouis (sp)

Me,  I've been suffering a bit with tight back and glutes (Pirifomis syndrome) I've just started to train properly again and managed 7 hours last week (40/50 miles). First race since December planned for Saturday, 3k on the track. If that goes well I'll hopefully get to turn out for Wales in  an international 3k Masters race the following week against England and Ireland, nervous ................ yep. image

• ............ on the broken ribs?
  • Hello pizzamanimage

Oooh i guess will have to join the old peeps clubimage,,,it is I think seperate from club membership?

Wow good Luck for saturday and the week after...you will be fine a little nerves is good shows you want to do wellimage

Good training again...how is the back and glutes?

I have been rolling about on the spikey balls for my glutes...have you tried them?

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • ....surely not another broken ribs incident???
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • LOL no I think she meant "count me in" for being Welsh image
  • Ah Nam as well, you might just sneek into this image

Welsh Masters T & F champs

scroll down to the bottom for the chamionships. You don't have to a be a member of the Welsh Masters to compete in the champs as they are open.

3 medals given for each 5 year catagory (This is a national medal you could be the national Womans V 35 champ, or whatever).

Soon after the Welsh champs there is an Inter Area match where you can earn a National vest and then maybe a British one

WP, I am as I type sitting on a spikey gym ball image

• nothing behind that link PM...

second week into a chest infection... on antibiotics now... not sure when I can plod again image

• 1/4 of me is welsh and just found a welsh relly of mine runs a lot.
  • how's that? Welsh masters thingy

Hoose, I daren't ask if your relative shares any of your otyher traitsimage

It'll come Nam, You'll be as right as rain by this time next week 

• i am sure they poo too pm
  • imagePizza

Is that like a swiss ball?

Mine are littleys about size of tennis balls lime green is colour and been rolling on them earlier.

Ooh interesting I could be up for that if I get myself fit again

Nam

You will lose hardly any fitness and as Pizza said this time next week you will be fine againimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Go on Poppy, you know you want to image

Yes, a Swiss ball but a knobbly one. I know the ones you mean, quite hard and painfull

There are many different ways to view a nasty chest cough, maybe not flu though. See it as a chance for the muscles to regroup, rebuild and regenerate, you will come back stronger, faster and fitter ............................................... the CVsystem might not think so but the muscles will 

• Yes Pizza you have me hooked let the training beginimage

I am going to start mara training again

Yes those are them ...not seen the swiss ball knobbly ball

I had nearly 12 weeks out with me trying too soon to come back and I actually lost not a great deal of fitness...i got fat but fitness seems to be okayimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression