WELSH RUNNERS!!!

Comments

• Tim

You should not be running with broken ribs I had to have 12 weeks out.............compression tops do help.....My outfit is difficult but so meimage

Pizzaman

Yes our society is all too quick to sue and yes somethings are worth more in life....I guess some of us have strong principles....everyone thought I should have claimed I felt I was a last warrior fighting my corner as they were putting pressure on me.

Mark

No to the races i would have done the half in cardiff but somehow I am running Abingdon marathon but if training goes wrong I will be at Cardiff insteadimage

Doing the Cardiff 10K

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭

Good god were have you  all gone????????????

Shall have to talk to myself

NOPE NOT SO MUCH FUN

Checks too see if i have bad breath or needs a bath........

I am going to go to cardiff to cheer myself up tomorrow...............I may spend lots of money as need retail therapy and not running kit either!!!!

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I am still here,drinking a glass of rose before my paella.Half looking forwarde to the neyland 10 k on sun but a bit worried about the heat,

OOh how nice been a bad week so on a glass of white wine and  not eaten...dont even feel like it but wine seems to hit the spot at the moment.......

Good luck not run the Neyland 10k and sadly looks like will be hot hot hot

Are you any good in the heat?

I wilt badly and run rubbish in heat

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Blimey WP, you woke us up !

Clearly we've all been making the most of the weather and not wasting time on-line. Something I never do, oh no sireee..

I'm multi-tasking ; drinking beer, and finishing off the Castles Relay race programme (behind schedule..), and feeling guilty (club dinner dance tonight, but I'm shy...), and thinking about popping down to Tescos tomorrow (for the Cardiff Blackweir 5k TT). I'm running like rubbish at the moment for various reasons biological, and am in excellent shape for another fine PW.

Whats the neyland 10k mark ?

Tim

I am doing Castles this year as a vet not sure which leg yet?

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • had paella,very nice,wine disapearing fast.

I love sunny weather,but not sure if i like running in the heat,went out yesterday and found it really hard.

Will find out on sunday.

• Neyland 10 k is in Pembrokeshire Tim,not done it before but sounds good and its a lovely area.
  • I am thinking about moving to Newport - in fact this morning I was set on the idea then this nice recruitment consultant rang me up and told me about a job that would be a fantastic balance for me in the Black Country - I am all of a dither now

My Boyfriend at the moment ( who knows how long it last????works in Newport........

I have cut knees after fall and not much sympathy from B/F as a none runnerimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Charming sometimes aren't they

oH Yes

What a little angel....not he is..............

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • mmm but lets face it we get bored with the little angels

That is true Maddy.........But honesty would be good

Sill me  that would be silly

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • (lummy - its girl talk...)

That's great news WP - make sure they don't give you Drovers !!!

Will make sure I don't get drovers run...thanks Tim
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Tim, I ran the Blackweir 5k last weekend - pretty pedestrian, but something to build on. I think I must have run that loop a thousand times, but it still hurt like hell last Saturday!i
  • Scabbie and some others might be interested in this .................... On Aug 10th there is a Vets home international in Hemel Hempstead, cats (this is for the men, I don't know the cats for ladies, V35?) V40 V50 V60

..............you'd better get training 

• Hope the heat settles for Neyland 10k.

And Madmark yup will be at the dambuster too! Not done it before just guna take it slow and enjoy that one........take it slow? erm always do that lol

Good luck tomorrow

I need to not drink and post....yikes

But tee total as of todayimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I am always teetotal tomorrow,but not today!!

Good luck with your drinks tonight
    Water for me todayimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • how did you get on Matt? I managed 15 th but found it really hard going in the heat

Pizza

After Friday decided to just drink water from know onimage....actually I am a little unwell blimming felt sick for 2 days and had to cann 13 miler and only ran 4....was it hot out there today....going to run at 6am all week to beat the heat!

Well done MM on 15th place especially in the heat!!

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Thanks Poppy,I think everyone is struggling with the heat,as usual we have gone from winter to summer very suddenly                       

Getting up to run at 6 am is great once you can get into the habit,especially in the light mornings. 

Mark , yes that is so true no time to aclimitise at all.

I run to work at 7am and run after work so just need to get into routinue  and do longer run in morning to beat the heat.

First morning tomorrow

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Not sure about position. I was happy as it was 2 mins slower than my personal best, the heat and the hills were a challenge. 59 Minutes, Im not fast but I always get there lol!!! Well done Mark!
  • Well done Matt,they were tough little hills and coming back along the path seemed to go on forever,I think everyone was a minute or two slower than normal.When is the next race for you?