Paris Marathon 2009

Comments

• Yep flew to scotland stayed at aviemore - lovely place, but rained a lot as I remember - was 15 and very grumpy!!!!!!!
  • FizziofinnFizziofinn ✭✭✭

Check out mapmyrun for Oxford

• Congrats Jon - what a little sweetie! imageimage
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Hey Tricky, a quickie at lunchtime eh image
  • Yes Olney, but I spoilt it today by going out for another quickie at lunchtime - only this time to the local frituur (chip shop!). Big portions of "heart-attack on a plate". This in no way is part of my goal of a sub 3h15 marathon. But still, training doesn't start until 29th June, so I guess it can't hurt?!

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    TD, lean towards your screen....

...so we can all smack you!

Rubbish in=rubbish out. I know what I'm talking about image* Finishing off giant bun...*

Still no running for me but foot IS improving. 6k in September seems possible.Might be at sight-seeing pace, though..
  • ATM: so pleased your foot is getting better - enjoy that giant bun!!! 

where is RP?

Fi

x

• FizziofinnFizziofinn ✭✭✭

welcome back ATM. Nice to ready you are enjoying life and foot is behaving.

You havent missed much ...the exercise bulimics on the sub 4 thread are going like the clappers. They will be sub 4 the minute they get to the start line image 

• ATMATM ✭✭✭

oops...Sorry, F. I well remember the first time one of ' Edward''s friends ,'phoned asking for ' Eddie' ...???!!!!* Shudder* I hadn't even thought of that...' Ed' is fairly new , for us , too... We should have stuck him with 'Ambrose' image

As for cakes...and Marie Antoinette...I went  here at the weekend. image

Sub-4? The ghost of Sir Roger B calls...

• Hi ATM great to have you back - glad to hear that the foot is mending - these things always seem to take forever - cool re Marie Antoniette shop - you of course said that you were a mutliple international marathon runner and couldnt possibly eat anything that resembled a cake image Non non non.imageimageimage Hope you had a good timeimage

Really wind up afternoon for me - fortunately pt beat the hell out of me so fell asleep on the train home woke just in time for my stop.  Feel much better now...

Howeyz - wotz this re north south divide my parents one from north one from south - am I totally in equilibrium thenimage 

• Us up North don't accept or acknowledge mixed marriages NGUG.Your a southerner i'm afraid.image

A few weeks ago i was supposed to be going on short time at work and now i'm working too many hours to do any real training.13 hours at work today  and 12 tomorrow.Paula doesn't have to put up with this.The fixture lists have been kind and i'm free to do the Nottingham marathon in September.I just need to behave in T'Egypt and not over do it.The body is strong but the mind is weak.

Glad to hear your foot is getting better ATM.I quick question though.Do you use a French/English translation site.I seem to remember reading it and would like a go if it's right.I may also be talking out of my backside.It's been a long day.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    H, you can use online translators like google.. http://translate.google.com/translate_t#

but you often end up with complete nonsense.I use my own , terrible, French and pick a lot of,French, brains..What do you want to translate?
  • Howey - does wolverhampton count as north - I am married to a wolverhampton lad!!!!!

ATM:  you actually managed to leave that shop, looks like cake heavenimage!!  Not good for me being a coeliacimage.

• I'm a right mongrel by Howeyz's definition then.  By blood, 50% English, 25% Irish 25% Belgian, born in Blackpool, 30 years in the UK, culturally European.... at least I don't find northerners so offensive (Fi) that I have fly over them to get to Scotland image

If you fill up with fuel around Northampton you can pretty much drive all the way up M1, M6, M8 until you are above Glasgow without stopping. No need to talk to anyone really....!

• TD:  was only a mere lass when flew over the north, am thinking of doing the great north run next year, an excellent reason to visit some new places.  (hubbie has just reminded me that I've been to sheffield twice - I forgot as i'm really old)image
  • Bloody hell your a right melting pot Tricky.This north and south thing is all relevant really.I'm sure we're all lovely people.well us runners anyway.

You've been to Sheffield twice and forgotten Fiona????????How dare youimage

ATM.I'm not after any specific translation i just want to learn a bit more French than the feeble bit i know now.I did fancy e-mailing 1T in french to suprise her but if the google translator isn't any good i'll not bother.I've the fell run on Monday night which i really enjoy.We've had a fair bit of rain this week so it may be a muddy run which no doubt will slow me down.

Is anybody racing this weekend?

• no got my chi running course tomorrow, Finn you still on the go?? you doing the 5 miles in dublin next month???
  • Howey:  my excuse is that I was extremely drunk during the whole trip and am getting old and loosing my memory!!!!!   Did have a fab time and was taken sightseeing round all the great places, lovely scenery there.  Felt sheffield had  a lot in common with Rome, as they both have 7 hills!!  Wouldn't fancy runniing up and down them thoughimage.

JohnM:  Enjoy your Chi course - if any amazing words or wisdom come to lilght please post!!!!!

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Yep I've got a 15k tomorrow, mainly on trails in the woods. Hoping for a good time, so rest day today but I might sneak 1/2 hour to get me to 40 miles for the week..  
  • OO - you will be fine - not sure good luck is even needed for you Mr Speedy image Wish you luck anyway.image

Booked our hols now to Cyprus - long stretches along the beach look good for running and they have a modern albeit small gym and two swimming pools.  OMG I am an addictimage

10 miler tomorrow thinking I must really buy myself some Skins to go on holiday with...imageimage

• NGUG- you wont want to run in Cyprus, its hot hot hot!!!
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Not the best of races for me all told. Today's 15 km race was in the suburbs of Paris, mainly trail and in hot conditions. So very please with c59:00 and a top 20 finish.  I say Circa because I managed to take a wrong turn and followed the 6km finishes for 100M before realising my mistake. I couldn't make up the time or positions lost but these things happen. Shame though as I was flying today and would have got a better position and I wasin the territory of my Vet PB.

No races planned for the rest of the summer so I'll start picking up the mileage for my October Marathon. Off to Portugal in 2 weeks then the Lake District in August. Mixed weather I'm sure...

• South of france for me in two weeks!!!  Sooooo looking forward to itimage.

OO:  Top 20 finish including a wrong turn - well done you I say!!

• OO - well done stunning stuff even though you went the wrong way..image

John M - you are probably right.  When we have been to Greece before I normally wake up r.early and before it gets really hot.  The idea is I go for a run then but who knows... taking my stuff with me anyway as quite fancy the idea..image

Nice easy 10 miler last night - went in the evening was a good decision I think as slightly cooler as a result - v.few runners out and about apart from one competative chap who decided he was going to over take me at speed ... he did look v.red in the face... I caught him up a bit further on.image

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    On the contrary, OO...The race sounds like one of the best.As HRH Fiona says, a top 20 finish with a wrong turn ...? image But, yes, we see you must have been annoyed. Never mind, hols soon..

Still no running for me and still no way to pretend my foot's OK. Getting better, though.Maybe. Bit frustrating being a groupie round here. It's too quiet! Where is everyone?
  • OO - you are a slacker and full of excuses. Top 20 finish is WORSE than second best!! image

P.S. - 15km in 59mins. Whoah! Very impressive.  Enjoy the summer off... if you can.  My Oct 18 marathon training starts in 1 week's time.

• Evening everybody.Tremendous run OO.I bet you was following a woman when you got lost.

Fell race for me tonight in the middle of a thunder storm and torrential down pore.The mud was very slippy and most of the run was through running water.I even managed a vicar of Dibbly moment.The puddle on the straight but towards the finish must have been well over my knees in depth.I went flying and almost went under water only for somebody to then warn me it was deep.Not a PB today but i felt really strong all the way round and overtook plenty of runners who usually beat me so i'm happy.

T'Egypt for me on Sunday.It'll be too hot to walk never mind run.It'll be great to just chill out and enjoy the sun.I will be using the gym though.I promise.

Which marathon are you training for Tricky?

When do you think you'll  be running again ATM?You seem to have been injured ages.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Nice one Howey, I can see you diving head first into a puddle. Never tried a fell race, given my directional skills might be dangerous but sounds fun!

Yes ATM this has turned out to be a very long-term injury, can't imagine that long with out a run, must be very strange, although you seem to be keeping active.

Will be interesting Tricky to see what kind of shape your in when you start cranking up the mileage- whether there's still some Paris benefit in those legs.

• ATM - achilles does seem to take a while to heal - my brother had the same problem - what does the dr/physio say re when you can get back into running etc.?  I am out with you girl on the injury bench image new super efficient rather scary no smiley physio says 2 wks off running. Can do my race on 4 July but nothing in between.  Running actually feels okay but she says it will not heal unless I give it time... much what I suspected.  She detected my slight pronation on the same leg .. all connected.  Was v,thorough - cross training permitted but nothing too impact.  Seems to make sense.

Howeyz - blimey george fell race sounds a bit scary.  Hope Egypt is okay.  Tricky signed up for Amsterdam like me.