Running in the Costa Blanca

I'm visiting the Costa Blanca in Spain in 2 weeks time (Benidorm - never been there before!). Although I'd like to relax and have a good holiday, I'm hoping to get some decent training in. (as have a few serious races coming up in May) Has anyone been there before and can recommend a few running routes?

I've heard the promenade is quite nice by the 'skyscrapers' but am worried it might be jam packed, so would prefer a few quieter routes.

I was hoping to run / jog for about 30 minutes every other evening - and am hoping this will keep me ticking over to run a 10K on the 11th May. Any siggestions greatly appreciated, thanks! image

Comments

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

It'll be reasonably quiet at this time of year and hopefully you'll get a nice breeze from the sea to keep you cool.  Much of Benidorm is on a grid system so you should be able to have a good old run without getting lost!

If you fancy hills, head up towards the Terra Mitica theme park then just keep going up the hill towards (or beyond) the golf course.  If you get up high to the urbinisations behind the golf you get the most brilliant views of Cala Finistrat and Benidorm.

Enjoy it (i'm not really jealous)

• SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭
    ps, the urbinisation is called Sierra Cortina
  • Try the run up to the cross above the town.